A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 2 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lisa Frank swap? (remember that stuff?) Image Heavy!  (Read 3598 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artemisfair
"Full of evil, hate and delicious peanut butter."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2007 12:35:22 PM »

Hmm. I guess that's all up to you swappers how many items and what size you want them to be. I'm not too picky, though I'd love to have an amigurumi or something. I'm not sure how many large or medium sized things we can do though, besides stuffies and maybe decorated boxes or something. I guess one medium and a few smalls is a good idea, but whatever.

Eenodel, how soon do you want this? I agreed to sign up for another swap that'll probably start in a couple of days and end on the 20th or something. But I'd rather do this one if it came down to one or the other right away. You're the organizer, so what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Kraken stirs, and ten billion sushi dinners cry out for venegeance!" ~ Good Omens
Need wist list assistance?
Personal Swapper! <3 Make me some wall-art!

Steph has wists![/url
eenodol
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2007 01:41:29 PM »

I can start the signups anytime you want.  I could do it today  Wink  I would like to keep the sign ups open for a little while so that hopefully other people will see and join us. 

Since a few people said they might want to make amigurumis,  I was thinking about having a crafting period of about two or three weeks to give ample time to plan and excute an amigurumi.  As for the size requirement.. how about 1 large craft and 1 or 2 small things or 2 medium crafts and one or two small things.  Again, because of the amigurumi aspect.  I think one decent sized amigurumi counts as a large item.  Those things are a lot of work  Cheesy 

Mull all this over and tell me what you think while I think about the questionaire.  If you have any suggestions for specific questions you think should be on it, by all means please tell me. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

My new blog.  Crochet, recipes, whatever.
eenodol
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2007 02:13:12 PM »

Alright, here are a few questions I wrote up real quick.  If you have anything you think should be added to them, please tell me  Smiley

What are your favorite Lisa Frank characters (ballerina bunnies, painting panda, kittens with bubbles.. etc..)?
What crafts do you do? 
What would you like to get in this swap?
Is there anything you definately do not want to receive?
What are your favorite colors?
Any colors you really don't like?
Do you need another trinket box?
Do you wear jewelry?  If so, what kind?
What size t-shirt do you wear?
Do you have any allergies or ethical issues?
Do you have any allergens in your house (smoke, pets)?
Do you have access to a camera in order to post pictures in the gallery?
Any other information for your partner:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my etsy - home of the cat hat!  also dog hats, amigurumis, crochet patterns, hippie clothes, all kinds of good stuff!  check it out Smiley

Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2007 04:44:59 PM »

WHOA Lisa Frank!!!! Cheesy I have a lot of cheapo Lisa Frank rubber stamps for my childhood somewhere. If I find them, I may just give them away if anyone wants them (not as a swap, just for me to get rid of them knowing theyre going to someone who will make use of them!). Let me find them first though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2007 06:11:12 PM »

boo! i can't join. i'm at my max....  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
artemisfair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2007 08:46:52 PM »

Sounds good to me eenodel. I can't wait for this! I am so excited!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The Kraken stirs, and ten billion sushi dinners cry out for venegeance!" ~ Good Omens

Steph has wists![/url
valsped

Can you guess my real name from this?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2007 05:58:31 AM »

As long as I get feedback soon enough to join I will, but I'm still concerned about what I can craft! I'm making my first swap journal for this swap so I guess that's an option, and I am improving felting skills (what can you felt in cool Lisa Frank fashion?) I guess there's always resin stuff with stickers, etc. I do have insane amounts of novelty yarn in bright colors... anyone need crochet flip flops or a scarf/afghan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am addicted swaps, including personal swaps!
artemisfair

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2007 12:40:45 PM »

valsped, I don't know too much about felting. It sounds like a lot of fun, though. You could always make clay beads for your partner as one of the small items, but I think if you're going to do that, you should make at least five of them. They are really small.

Something like this would be a good idea, but with Lisa Frank characters on it.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=45717.0

Uhmm, and by the way, it's probably  up to your disgression whether you make Lisa Frank characters or Lisa Frank inspired crafts. If your partner asks for ballerina bunnies and gets a rainbow dog that was totally your creation instead, there is a possibility that they might be disappointed, depending on the person. Someone like me, however, would be happy to get something like that. It all depends on your partner.

Maybe that should be one of the questions. "Would you prefer not to have Lisa Frank inspired crafts, and just Lisa Frank characters or is either one acceptable?"

And if you make the photo paper earrings, a jewelry box is always in order!

Uhmm, I also heard that there is printable iron on transfer paper available at most craft stores. So maybe a tote bag or purse or even a t-shirt!

You could probably even get that printable sticker paper and go oldschool and make stickers for your partner! There are really so many choices. Target even sells printable iPod mini and nano covers. I think that would be awesome if I didn't have a 30gb.

Hopefully this has some of your ideas flowing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph has wists![/url
eenodol
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2007 08:15:42 PM »

Alright!  Sign-ups are on!  WHOO!

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=150192.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

debzie
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2007 07:42:15 PM »

I'm sure I missed this but I had to post and share my memories of remembering when Lisa Frank first came out way back when...the 80s...XD

I loved her bear designs and even had the big stickers etc. Oh it was fun XD

I still like getting LF stickers from time to time and have a small collection Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Eagle
How to Draw a Horse
How to Draw a Crocodile
How to Draw a Dove
How to Draw a Koala
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...