A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
460 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: XMas gift ideas for 5 GUY best friends?  (Read 970 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

GooGooGooJoob
« on: December 12, 2006 01:17:39 PM »

Hey There,

So, I've been picking my brain apart trying to come up with ideas for these guys. I am vetoing tee-shirts just because they all seem to have an abundance of them, although it would be fun. I'm terrible at silkscreening though.

All of them are movie nerds and video game nerds. One of them loves music. Another one loves physics. So, yeah... My brain is totally fried... Could someone please help me? Thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"-John Lennon
athena394
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006 06:15:58 PM »

Hey, I am kind of in the same boat you are.

The only thing I can think of is to make ties with personalized patterns or blankets with personalized patterns/quilting (like for the video game people you could quilt videogame characters into the blanket (then it doesn't even have to be a videogame pattern!) or for physics you could quilt.....equations? oscilating strings? Planets?). I am still trying to figure out if this is a good fit for the guys that I know, but maybe it will help you out!

Also possibly you could make a book with something nice in it (you could put pretty much whatever you wanted) or other people on this board have suggested making boxers.

lol or if your freinds have this kind of sense of humor AND you're good at chopping audio stuff, you could make a CD that has just applause and people cheering his name (one of MY guy friends was joking about that the other day  Grin)

Ok and the cop-out answer, food. (this is what I'm making http://www.instructables.com/id/EWG0ZMWULRETVPK51O/?ALLSTEPSCheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin

Hope this helps, and good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rockmygypsysoul
Joker of All Trades, Master of Nonsense

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006 09:22:30 PM »

I dont know if this would cross the lines of propriety between friends, but as long as there are no jealous significant others, it should be okay...

for my boyfriends bday, one of the things I did for him was I got a pack of plain white boxers at Walmart, then handpainted family guy characters on the front and put a quote from the character on the back...he LOVED them!!

OR alternatively, for one of my guy friends, Im doing teenage mutant ninja turtle shot glasses for christmas...you can find a pic of anything online, then just adjust the size, print it, put it IN the glass and basically trace over it

good luck!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swapping up a storm here!  Totally open to personal swaps - I am always in need of awesome stuff Wink

Blog: www.alwaysbeenastorm.com
Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/alwaysbeenastorm
usagi
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006 08:43:51 AM »

Maybe a cd case for their video games, or perhaps a carrying case for a portable gaming system (Like PSP or Nintendo DS, I saw an awesome nintendo DS on the main site here) or even an Ipod case if they like musics~! :3

Maybe try to pester them about their favorite game and see if you can pull a sprite from the game and incorporate it into teh project~

Good luck though, guys are hard to get gifts for~! xD;;
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Heart_On_Strike
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006 12:59:24 PM »

For the one that likes music.
Does he write music? Or just like listening to it?
If he likes writing lyrics and stuff you could get a regular composition book and glue picture (treat it kinda like paper mache.) on it. That's what i did for my best guy friend.  I as lucky enough to find a bright green one so that looked really nice. I even went and cut out all the Letters for the title, "Nick's Song book" from magazine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Accordion Memory Photo Album
How to Make Patriotic Flag Pins
How to Make Crazy Crayons
How to Decorate Bags with Apples
How to Make a Personalized Fish-Themed Invitation
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...