A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,756
Currently Running With Scissors:
521 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: GALLERY: ATC swap ring -round 2  (Read 41693 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amaryllisroze
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2006 12:03:31 PM »

This will give you the important part of the story...

http://www.livinglifefully.com/zinew6july.htm#Mermaids%20(an%20excerpt)

The story was told to me during my teenaged years when I was a bit different than everyone else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All of my photos are hosted at Flickr.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/amaryllisroze/sets/

http://pinterest.com/aroze/

"she knew with the right amount of junk she could create a masterpiece" -- I'm still looking for the right amount of junk
onetomatotwo

(former username: kaesea)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2006 01:51:05 PM »

Kaesea- what's the inside of your book like?

Was this question intended for me or was it for goatgoddess? The 3rd and 5th shots in my post show my book open. I think we're still waiting to see what amazing things foufigirl did inside of goatgoddess' book -- she said in her last post that she ran out of time last night but will try to post photos tonight (by her Thank Goodness it's Friday comment, I think she's had a rough week!  Wink)

Keasea- was your card made with digital images you drew? It's super cool!!

When I first read this question, I wondered again if it was for me... then I went back and looked at the card. Oh, yeah! It IS me! It's a digital image, although I didn't really draw it myself -- more like tracing. I've never tried that before and I think it came out really well.

I used several bird photos and then basically reduced them to line drawings in Photoshop. Then I fiddled around with coloring and shading. I really like how the image turned out. I'm glad you like it too!  Grin

I know we're not really posting cards in this gallery, but since I'm talking so much about the card, it seems weird not to show it. So here it is:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live on the west coast. She lives on the east coast. We discuss crafts in between. Right here: Trans-craft-inental.
Bobolink

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2006 03:26:14 PM »

Yeah sorry!
I meant to address the first question to GoatGoddess and yes the second one was for you Smiley
It's really neat how you did that card and it really stands out in the book- I love it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2006 03:56:21 PM »

Ack!  I just replied with comments from all seven pages, and I hit one of my laptop's "mystery buttons."  All gone.

Anyway, I love the star shape for the comedian book.  Fitting shape for the topic, and a great option for displaying all of them simultaneously when you want to.

Kaesea's card was one of the first I received for Bobolink, and I knew right away that it would be a hard set to send away.  I spent a lot of time looking at that one.  I'm glad Bobolink appreciates it as much as I did.  I wish I knew how to do things like that on the computer (or in any other way, for that matter).  Great job, K!

The photo of Sacre Coeur originally had a goofy picture of my college roommate striking a mock victorious pose.  I pull it out every once in a while for a giggle, and I'm always struck by the blue of the sky (it was such a gorgeous day).  I found a double print when I sorted through things from my trip on an ephemera search.  Doing that card was a bit of nostalgia...

I KNOW THAT TOMATO ASPIC!  Stifflersmom is really getting mileage out of one of her cookbooks.  She put that aspic on my Altoid tin in the last swap.  I keep it filled with mints in my desk at school (and show it off regularly).  Smiley

That's so funny that you did a similar book for your partner, Bobolink!  Especially since I looked at tutorials and books, and then just went at it with a recycled cover, a bunch of paper, and my typical figure-it-out-as-I-go-along mindset.  We must have had some sort of psychic connection going on.  I can't wait to see how yours turned out!  I know you love birds, so I figured your flock would grow and it would be good to leave you some extra space.  (I should stick some extra photo corners in the mail for you, so you can have the same type.  Why didn't I think of that before?)

Well, great job, everyone!  I knew I'd find this gallery a little late and have a lot to catch up on.  Fortunately, it's good eye candy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Bobolink

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2006 04:21:16 PM »

Ah but you forget Bigmouth we are on the same wavelength!
I just bought that exact same type for my Dad's ATC book a week or so ago  Grin

Did you find the tutorial for the pirate journal that girl made?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2006 04:28:44 PM »

Ha!  I should have known.  And, no, I haven't seen that tutorial.  I'll go see if I can look it up and see if my "method" (quotation marks intended) was similar.

Edit:  Found it!  Why didn't I think before to look for the Paper Crafts Tutorial List?  Silly me. 
That was my first thought for putting the pages together, but I wanted each two-page spread to have the same paper (I loved the branch papers, but they would have clashed in a really ugly way, I think).  So I put the folds, instead of the edges, into the binding.  I used a lot of glue, because each set of paper is glued entirely to another.
And did you notice how well some of the cards matched the papers?  I'm thinking particularly about gingerquilts' card and the pink flowers, as well as all the others that perched so nicely on the branch prints.  I don't think you were the only swapper who was on my wavelength in this swap!  Smiley
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006 04:42:48 PM by Bigmouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2006 04:53:26 PM »

I wish we could see some pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
foufigirl

Sketchbook Project Theme: In Flight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2006 04:55:59 PM »

wow! everyone's books & cards look so awesome!!! what a talented group we have!! sooo cool!! & i so can't wait to get mine. i'm hoping it comes on the weekend! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2006 04:57:29 PM »

I wish we could see some pictures!
I wish I would taken some--and I gave a big sigh of relief when I realized all y'all's cards arrived safely to Bobolink.  I would have felt terrible if the package went MIA with no photographic record of your work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bobolink

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2006 05:02:16 PM »

Hmm well the pirate journal tutorial I used does put the folded edges towards the binding and the glued edges outwards.
I definitely noticed how well Gingerquilts card went- I adore that card!

Ha!  I should have known.  And, no, I haven't seen that tutorial.  I'll go see if I can look it up and see if my "method" (quotation marks intended) was similar.

Edit:  Found it!  Why didn't I think before to look for the Paper Crafts Tutorial List?  Silly me. 
That was my first thought for putting the pages together, but I wanted each two-page spread to have the same paper (I loved the branch papers, but they would have clashed in a really ugly way, I think).  So I put the folds, instead of the edges, into the binding.  I used a lot of glue, because each set of paper is glued entirely to another.
And did you notice how well some of the cards matched the papers?  I'm thinking particularly about gingerquilts' card and the pink flowers, as well as all the others that perched so nicely on the branch prints.  I don't think you were the only swapper who was on my wavelength in this swap!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear Whatever You Want Without Risking a Slip!
How to Get Cleavage Without the Padded Bra
Have You Ever Seen Nicole Richie Look This Cool?
Fashion Friendly Winter Coats Review
Topshop 2014 Winter Lookbook
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...