A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fresh Starsky KAL?  (Read 10734 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Necia
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2007 12:12:51 PM »

I finished the Left Front last night?  Is there any reason why pattern calls for the LF to measure 24" and the BACK to measure 23"?  Does anyone know why?

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2007 07:35:00 AM »

Yoo Hoo, anyone out there?  Or is the shaping totally killing everyone off?

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MairWear
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2007 08:04:15 AM »

Still waiting to receive my yarn in the mail....  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2007 10:13:31 AM »

I don't think that it's the shaping........ I promised myself that I would finnish off this purple sweater that I have been working on since November....... it has been a long road, and even though I am making a valiant effort, it is STILL ON THE NEEDLES!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAA
I beg your pardon.
Anyway, I still have intentions of coming back, I did hear someone mention previously Necia, that they too had that issue....... I am not sure if they solved it, but you can always contact the designer through knitty I think.....
Let me know, when I get there I don't want to have the same question.. Grin

MairWear, good gracious, I hope that it is fabulous yarn and you love it so much that this is your favorite sweater, and you forget how long they made you wait! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.blogspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
MairWear
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2007 11:55:13 AM »

MairWear, good gracious, I hope that it is fabulous yarn and you love it so much that this is your favorite sweater, and you forget how long they made you wait! Wink

DUDE, I KNOW!  It's crazy!  I got my yarn on ebay (that was the cheapest) but I guess I better contact the gal I bought it from again!  And yeah, this better be my favorite sweater.  I actually started a different sweater (top down raglan... my first!) that I'm already a quarter of the way through.  So, that's keeping me busy at least!  HAHA!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Necia
« Reply #55 on: February 04, 2007 09:15:42 AM »

I should have a finished Starsky by this weeks end.  I would totally focus on the RF again today, but I have a ton of laundry I should really attend to.  I don't trust taking Starsky with me to the laundromat, so I'll be working on a mitten instead.

I did find out the answer to my question, and the fronts are longer to accomodate the girls, just in case anyone else was wondering.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

betchka
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2007 06:09:44 AM »

I am, unfortunately, out for the time being. I just started classes again and every single waking moment will now be devoted to rote memorization. I can't wait to see everyone's sweaters--hopefully I can hop back in soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tempestt03

Cattus meus id comedit

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2007 09:12:55 AM »

sooo Sierra is now on CLEARANCE!  ARG!

I've got the back done and am just starting the sides.  slooow going for  me...I can't seem to find the motivation to pick it back up once I've put it down. :-/  It WILL get done though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\_/) 
(o.0)   
(_ _)
Necia
« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2007 11:19:31 AM »

Ive finished all the pieces and the collar.  I'm now in seaming land, which is taking FOREVER.  I'm not all too pleased with the armhole, I think it may be too big, I should've started the decreases sooner.  I'm trying to figure away to tack it down without it looking too bulky, even though it's knit in bulky yarn.  In between seaming, I need to find something else to knit, seaming puts me to sleep and I don't want to rush it to f it all up.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LandShark
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2007 05:18:21 PM »

Well, I'm jumping into this a little late.  I've just done a stretch of smaller projects, and am ready for something big (of course, I am ignoring the partially-finished Central Park Hoodie I've got on the needles...oops).

I have a big bag of handpaintedyarn.com's bulky merino from a couple Christmases back (it was a gift) -- I had wanted to make some sort of comfy shawl-collared sweater out of it.  I have my concerns about using a varigated yarn for this pattern (I don't want the cable pattern to disappear).  I went ahead and got started anyway, though, and I think it'll be okay.  The color I'm using (Pearl Ten) is gray with purple/green undertones, and doesn't have any major color changes.  It is also insanely soft, and hopefully will wear a little better than the worsted weight single ply (this is 6-ply).

For those of you who are working on it/have made it, did you ever reach a point where you didn't have to reference the pattern chart legend?  I feel like I can't remember what the symbols mean to save my life...having it in black and white doesn't help (I may make a color-coded version).

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stella McCartney for Gap Kids and Baby Gap Spring/Summer Collection
Agoo Clothing for Active Babies
How to Choose Organic Baby Clothes
Baby Hair Clips
Wedding Wear For Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...