A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,711
Currently Running With Scissors:
478 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fresh Starsky KAL?  (Read 10011 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

avsceriline
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2007 09:15:31 AM »

So that's my (unblocked) right front panel. Did I totally eff it up or is that what it's supposed to look like?

betchka, I'm doing mine in the same exact color! And I hope that's not effed up, because it's exactly what mine looks like...LOL.

P.S. I LOVE your avatar! :-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blog | staarlight: my Etsywistsflickr

I <3 personal swaps! Check out my flickr page to see what I can do.
Necia
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2007 12:18:35 PM »

I finished the back, late last night

Hopefully I can finish the fronts in the next few days.

Necia
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MairWear
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2007 08:44:51 PM »

ok, I'd love to join this KAL.  I really want to make this cardigan...the coolest pattern for one I've seen and looks challenging (in a good way).  HOWEVER, I really want to make it in a Dark Brown.  KnitPicks Cinnamon just isn't dark enough for me.  Anyone have suggestions for another yarn that is as good or even better?  Also, I'm concerned about the bulkyness of the yarn and how that will affect the FO.  I'm tired of knitting bulky sweaters that make me look bigger than I am.  I saw in the other Starsky KAL that a gal had used a DK weight yarn.  I'm wondering if I should take that route.... any ideas or suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Silver Ilix
Up Late

Make your own way........

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2007 10:36:23 PM »

Cheesy hey, colour wise I think that I have a solution for you. juniperl13 posted on page 3 that she used Bernat Satin............ it comes in a fantastic coffee colour! Very dark brown. I hope this helps. Can't wait to post my own pics.
Beautiful back Necia! so lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my knitting blog: www.uplatedesigns.b logspot.com

I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I had set him free. *Michanlengelo
MairWear
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2007 07:25:48 PM »

cool!  Thanks Silver Ilix.... I checked out that yarn.  However, I don't think I want to use acrylic for this one.  I'm actually thinking of using some Berrocco Ultra Alpaca.  I bought some for another project (in a wine color) and really liked it.  It's not the bulky weight like the pattern calls for but I think I may try it anyway.  Also it comes in all kinds of colors including the one I'm looking for.  I don't think I want as much ease as the pattern gives for the sweater either so this might be perfect!  I'll keep you guys posted on progress...  keep goin on those Starsky's and thanks for the yarn advice! 

EDIT TO ADD....
Ok, so I'm super excited because I swatched with the wine colored Berrocco Ultra Alpaca I had and I came out to almost the same gauge the pattern asks for!!  The same stitch gauge and only 2 rows more than the row gauge!  YAY!  So, I'm headed to the yarn store to get some.  Hopefully they have what I want.  If not, I gotta order online.  Can't wait to start this!
« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 09:35:39 AM by MairWear » THIS ROCKS   Logged

betchka
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2007 05:23:38 AM »

I'm starting to lose momentum....must.ke ep.knitting! I had actually decided to take a break and work on something else, but then I left my knitting bag in the back of a cab (goodbye, all my favorite markers/needles/tape measurers) and took it as a sign from above that I needed to just keep working on this. I am so glad I didn't lose part of my starsky--after how long I've been working on this! I'd be devastated!

Did anyone thing that the front piece of the sweater seemed just a tad bit too small or is it just me?

I keep worrying that I'm making a size too small...

edit: I am. Crap....time to get to ripping.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007 05:25:20 AM by betchka » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MairWear
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2007 09:17:28 AM »

oh man!  What a bummer to loose all your precious knitting things in the back of a cab!!!  AND to have to rip some of your Starsky out.... I'm so sorry!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2007 09:37:59 AM »

I'm starting to lose momentum....must.ke ep.knitting! I had actually decided to take a break and work on something else, but then I left my knitting bag in the back of a cab (goodbye, all my favorite markers/needles/tape measurers) and took it as a sign from above that I needed to just keep working on this. I am so glad I didn't lose part of my starsky--after how long I've been working on this! I'd be devastated!

Did anyone thing that the front piece of the sweater seemed just a tad bit too small or is it just me?

Did you call the cab-company to see if someone had found it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
betchka
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2007 09:57:12 AM »

Did you call the cab-company to see if someone had found it??

I live in NYC and didn't get the cab's number, so it could be anywhere. Retail value around $50ish--oh well, could have been worse.

I think I can maybe block the back and it'll be okay--it's only one size too small and a few stitches smaller. I'll just have to reeeeeeeeally stretch it a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2007 10:12:17 AM »

Oh man..bummer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Long Hair
How to Blow Dry Thick Hair
How to Blow Dry Thin and Delicate Hair
How to Blow Dry Hair Straight
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...