A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,047
Currently Running With Scissors:
480 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for instructions for coiled baskets made from newspapers/food labels?  (Read 726 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dharmadog
a.k.a. "Cheaterpants".

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2008 06:25:25 PM »

Hi all--

I've been making coiled baskets lately but recently saw at Jo-Ann's coiled baskets made from newspaper that had been wrapped into very tight reeds. Does anyone know of a book or on-line tutorial for coiled baskets that use recycled newspapers or wrappers rolled into these tiny tubes? I'm wondering if you soak the paper like you would other basket-making material, and any tips for making the paper reeds in the first place----it seems like a cheap and earth-freindly way to make baskets.....  Grin thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For crafty madness and general musings, visit my blog:
http://eatingtacoswhiledriving.blogspot.com/

Shop to help the animals! View handmade items by Rabbit Moon Artworks at http://www.craftersforcritters.com/index.php
Perkle
Lu

just cos i rock doesnt mean im made of stone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008 09:07:18 AM »

Hi all--

I've been making coiled baskets lately but recently saw at Jo-Ann's coiled baskets made from newspaper that had been wrapped into very tight reeds. Does anyone know of a book or on-line tutorial for coiled baskets that use recycled newspapers or wrappers rolled into these tiny tubes? I'm wondering if you soak the paper like you would other basket-making material, and any tips for making the paper reeds in the first place----it seems like a cheap and earth-freindly way to make baskets.....  Grin thanks!!
  okay ive actually made one of these newspaper and recycling old books magazines and catalogues is really simple i made mine in about 15mins..all you need is glue or tape..fold the paper in half length ways around 3 times is good and simply coil it and either glue or tape to secure..i found tape a lot simpler as you just tape the beggining and end of each new piece of folded paper to the last until you have a very large disk shape then simply push up until it is the height you desire.i hope this was heelpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fandoobely
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photography Workshop with Tamron in Austin, Texas
How to Photograph Moving Objects
Macro Flash Photography Seminar at B&H
Macro Flash Photography Technique
Foggy Marsh Photography Shoot in Garmisch, Germany
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...