A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,381
Currently Running With Scissors:
582 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for instructions for coiled baskets made from newspapers/food labels?  (Read 641 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dharmadog
a.k.a. "Cheaterpants".

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 31, 2008 06:25:25 PM »

Hi all--

I've been making coiled baskets lately but recently saw at Jo-Ann's coiled baskets made from newspaper that had been wrapped into very tight reeds. Does anyone know of a book or on-line tutorial for coiled baskets that use recycled newspapers or wrappers rolled into these tiny tubes? I'm wondering if you soak the paper like you would other basket-making material, and any tips for making the paper reeds in the first place----it seems like a cheap and earth-freindly way to make baskets.....  Grin thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For crafty madness and general musings, visit my blog:
http://eatingtacoswhiledriving.blogspot.com/

Shop to help the animals! View handmade items by Rabbit Moon Artworks at http://www.craftersforcritters.com/index.php
Perkle
Lu

just cos i rock doesnt mean im made of stone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2008 09:07:18 AM »

Hi all--

I've been making coiled baskets lately but recently saw at Jo-Ann's coiled baskets made from newspaper that had been wrapped into very tight reeds. Does anyone know of a book or on-line tutorial for coiled baskets that use recycled newspapers or wrappers rolled into these tiny tubes? I'm wondering if you soak the paper like you would other basket-making material, and any tips for making the paper reeds in the first place----it seems like a cheap and earth-freindly way to make baskets.....  Grin thanks!!
  okay ive actually made one of these newspaper and recycling old books magazines and catalogues is really simple i made mine in about 15mins..all you need is glue or tape..fold the paper in half length ways around 3 times is good and simply coil it and either glue or tape to secure..i found tape a lot simpler as you just tape the beggining and end of each new piece of folded paper to the last until you have a very large disk shape then simply push up until it is the height you desire.i hope this was heelpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fandoobely
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Greg Sestero on The Disaster Artist: My Life Inside The Room
Rachael Ray on Her Book Week in a Day
Kosslyn and Miller on the Trouble with Left/Right Brain
Allison Leotta: What Are You Reading?
Linda Ronstadt Talks About Her Career and New Memoir
Latest Blog Articles
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats
July is National Blueberry Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...