A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,697
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bra Making  (Read 9922 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artemis.sun
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2004 03:32:12 PM »

Great thread!

Seamonkey, you rock!  Thank you so much for all the information!  Oh, and I have to ditto the person who said that you're "built well", I'm jealous!

And magnificentjess, a 34AA here, and just wanted to let you know that there are absolutely no cute bras in my size either.  They're almost always freakishly padded, and hey, when the inserts are bigger than your breasts, you know something's wrong.  The rest are pretty much training bras that don't support or hide nipplage or anything, they kind of sit there like an uncomfortable harness.  Yuck.  I have one good bra that isn't padded or stupid, and it only fits when I'm bloated (because it's a "nearly A" type bra, and I guess I'm nowhere near A, even.  sigh).

Uh, sorry for the rant.  I think you can see why I'm raring to make my own bras.  Smiley

that is great! and hey, skinny chics are evil. wtf is up with them getting mass produced bras for their 32aa boobies? it's the full bodieed womens who should have the rockin bras. i love the blue, you should make a matching thong! with a condom pocket!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
grego
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2005 09:32:57 PM »

interesting subject.

I feel like a bra expert after reading some of those links. I wonder if those meaurement guidliness work for a manzier or a bro. lol

Grego
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puppymomma

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2005 09:44:42 PM »

I'm a 38DDD and if someone out there can sew a bra and set in underwires, etc, etc, etc, plus taking the ideas from outa my head and making them into reality....WE COULD BE BAZILLIONAIRES!!!!  Any takers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

http://funkyjewtopia.com
mayerlove
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2006 10:36:01 PM »

i have a "normal" breastsize- 34A and i still cant find a bra that fits. so whoever you are, whatever size you have, no bra is ever going to fit. period. (my nickname's debbie downer if you didn't know lol)

anyway, thanks for all the tips and info! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Kayla
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2006 11:03:48 PM »

wow!! is about all i can say!!
Seamonkey! you are fantastic i am so iinspired to try to make a bra now!!
great work and thankx for all the info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pearsonchick
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2006 11:28:49 PM »

Wow!

This thread has been totally awesome....but makes me want to cry that I didn't find it before I went and shelled out too much money on a new set of bras! Cry It took me forever to find some that fit and I too was wearing the WAY wrong size...

But next time I will definitely be sewing my own...

Sea Monkey you did a wicked job, and you and your bra are gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.: even a broken clock is right twice a day :.

Dotee swap!
Garden supply swap!
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2006 11:37:01 PM »

Been reading this thread and I have made a couple of bras before.  I did a weekend workshop with LeeAnn Burgess (mentioned by SeaMonkey in an earlier post) who was totally awesome!!  Also mentioned was padding a bra.  I have done this with one of my bras.  It was only very thin but from memory it was fused to the lining and the lining and padding were treated as one.

LeeAnn fitted me with 100's of bras until I found one that was comfortable.  Note that I did not say FIT, just comfortable.  That bra became the pattern, which I then pulled apart then used that for the pattern.  Once the pattern was drafted from that bra, I made my first bra.  From there, the pattern was tweaked to make it "fit" right.  So, the next bra would hopefully fit perfectly. 

Ookpik:  As for those little scraps, LeeAnn told me, that I could use any type of fabric for the cups - it was the lining (and the direction of the grain) which provided the uplift.  So.......drumroll please............I am in the process of making a leather bra!!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jenney
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006 03:28:15 AM »

this is exciting to read since yesterday measuring myself and realizing i was a cup size off....D to a DD...one place my measurements in a "big- bra size generator" told me i was an F?!  40F is pretty hard to find.

making one may be a good alternative.
thank you(seamonkey) for breaking down costs and showing where to find all the stuff for a bra too!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LMAshton
Kitchen Witch

Canada -> Sri Lanka -> New Zealand -> Singapore

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2006 04:26:07 AM »

At least you don't live in a petite and small country where the largest underwire bra that exists is a 36C.  Larger bras exist without underwire because, and yes, this is a direct quote from the manager of a lingerie factory outlet shop, "larger breasts don't need underwire".

I had problems enough finding bras that fit in Canada, never mind Sri Lanka!

As soon as I can locate my necessary materials, I'm making me some.  Of course, I've been saying that for a while now...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlondGirl
Queen of the Uncompleted Project

workworkPLAYworkworkworkworkwork

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2008 10:50:42 AM »

If any inspired folks made some to post images of, I'd sure love to see the styles--on or off the body.  (stuffed with oranges, maybe?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Here's my stuff:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=194777.0

Are you making a selvage quilt?  I have some to share. PM me.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Succeed on Wheel of Fortune
How to Succeed on Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader
How to Succeed on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
How to Play Flip Cup
How to Play Speed Quarters
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...