A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
818 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: gift for my hilbilly boyfriend, (need help!)  (Read 761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2006 08:25:20 PM »

My wonderful boyfriend said he wanted me to make him something. Not for Christmas, cause I already got him something for that. But just so he could have something to remind him of me.and to show off and say "my girlfriend made that!" I'm flattered so I am going to do it, I just need help with ideas.

He likes:
-Cars (he is a body man, and loves doing fancy paint jobs on cars. he is especially good at doing true fire)
-hunting
- nascar and racing and stuff
- he is kinda country,, but then again so am I. We're from Texas, kinda goes with the territory.

any idead other than the generic clothing gifts? I wanna do something memorable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
tamagotchi
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2006 08:54:24 PM »

can you knit?  someone posted a hat (this might have been a while back, I don't remember where I saw it) where they had knitted an intarsia Jeep logo.  I think it was for a car-loving BIL.  maybe you could make something similar for your boyfriend?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ravelry username = tamagotchi
Amy214
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006 07:15:08 AM »

I etched my Dad some Beer mugs for Christmas. You can get them for just a few dollars at Walmart although the etch cream is kinda pricey (use a 40% off coupon from Michaels). Maybe Etch a Nascar number. My Dad and Hubby both like these Mugs. You can wet the inside of the mug then put it in the freezer,it gets nice and frosty. Make a set so he can use them when his friends come over.

You could be cheesy and get one of the giant Mugs and etch "everythings bigger in Texas" 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006 07:22:09 AM »

OK   can  you  sew? or  crochet? knit?  paper??/ what is your  hobby of  choice?

I  made  cun carrying cases  for my hunters  one  year... adn from that  got orders for 12 more!! WOO HOO....

anyway  a small hand gun padded carrying case..

does he  have  his  own  airbrush>Huh  you  could make a carrier for his airbrush stuff that  can  attach to the  compressor.... easy storage  for  him.

or a  scarf  of  fleece  made  from race car logo stuff.
NO  wait  scratch that  ... suppose  not  much need for  a  scarf in texas!

I like the  beer  mug  idea. etching  something  on it.  how  bought  make  him a   wallet.   there  are  tutes  on here  for   bi and tri fold wallets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
PirateKisses

Love shines in her eyes.....

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006 07:38:55 AM »

I can crochet but I am crappy at knitting. I can also sew and decopauge and woodburn. I was thinking maybe something he could use while he is working on cars, or a hat but I wanna sew the hat. Does anyone have patterns for a beanie you can sew?

I dont think I could do the beer mug thing, cause he doesnt drink. He is a year and a half younger than me (he's 20, I am 21, so he is underage. and drinking alcohol is against our religion.)

maybe I could make him something for church? His autistic brother had an episode (poor kid, he is a sweetie though) and smashed his breifcase, so amybe I could make him something to carry his bible and notes in?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006 07:41:59 AM by PirateKisses » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I AM GETTING MARRIED ON AUGUST 13TH!!!
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006 08:08:12 AM »

OH  wow  a  good  bible  cover  is  always  needed!!!  yes thats  a great  idea!!!

simple  hat  link   not  sure if  its  what  you are  looking  for  tho...

http://www.p2designs.com/ShipSkiCap.htm
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006 08:20:17 AM by jloveg » THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
Amy214
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006 08:15:23 AM »

I dont think I could do the beer mug thing, cause he doesnt drink. He is a year and a half younger than me (he's 20, I am 21, so he is underage. and drinking alcohol is against our religion.)

Thats okay we use ours for Tea and Coke. We don't drink either.

sewn hats-->  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=73378.0

THIS ROCKS   Logged
talmina
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2006 03:07:50 AM »

What about a mug with "everything's bigger in Texas" then.  Or a T-shirt....  You could even etch it on a glass for other cold drinks.  What about some glass coasters with pics of cars with awesome bodies, or hot rods, just lay them between two layers of glass and glue, or find a nice fastening to hold them together, a nut and bolt could work in this case, the nuts on the bottom also working as feet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Super Bowl Party Ribs Recipe
Super Bowl Party Chicken Wings Recipe
How to Make Party Shrimp Caesar Salad for Super Bowl
Seared Scallops with Roasted Beets and Garden Herb Salad
Roasting and Preparing Beets
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...