A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - reversable skirt . ( gift for my sis)  (Read 3500 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: December 11, 2006 01:45:46 AM »

Hello everyone  Cheesy

I finally got a break from making " corn heating bags " long enough to work on some clothes ! yay ! ... Any way I made this skirt for my sister for Christmas ... " So she better not be peeking "  She dosent wear skirts alot but she does Like Ninja Turtles alot .... So Im hopeing she likes this . Its reversable .. one side was a Ninja Turtles bed sheet  The other side is Just green with a huge Turtles Patch So you still get the idea if she isnt feeling adventurous enough to wear the whole big pattern ....
So here we go  Oh and we are different sizes so its a little big on me .. But you get the idea..plus I didnt bother to put it with a  cute shirt that looked right .. so just imagine it with cute shirt of your choice

Side one ( not so great pic )

waist band  I use 1 and 1/4 inch elastic

Or she can fold it over like this

Side 2 . I made the patch from the left over material some innerfacing and  heavy zig zag stitched around it

Yea ! ! the patch is also a pocket .. me demonstrating it  Cheesy

Ok so PLEASE TELL  me what you think .. I would love any suggestions on how to make it cooler.
Im thinking of maby adding a removable over layer  made from some like net-ish material ... not tule or fish net .. but something more substantial .. like ...
Anyway and putting big holes in it wear the turtle parts are on the  first side .. to kinda tone down some of the excessive white ... since neither of are us are big on white clothing.. any way y what do you guys think .. also maby pockets or bondage straps or Huh? please help

Thanks so much for looking
 Jayne
THIS ROCKS   Logged

diannab
founder member of the ZaftigMomma appreciation Society : )

Away..... stalking..... will return shortly......

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006 05:58:12 AM »

Hey Jayne! Cheesy I think it is fab! TMNT yeah! LOL Cheesy I especially like how you did it reversible so if she wasn't brave enough to wear the whole pattern she could still have some of it! I agree it needs something.......... .......... Just not sure what......... maybe you are right about the holes.... but what length and width would you make them........ definitely a top layer of something too........ Kinda add to it some.............. Cheesy Great job though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may be out of touch for a few days.my cable company merges we are experiencing lots growing pains!!! Email: diannabishop@yahoo.com
Would you like a Child/baby clothing & gift board?
thriftrat

"we just want to live, if anyone would let us."

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006 06:29:13 AM »

wowww it looks fab! i love it Grin i think it looks just fine as it is really, but that's just me. i would wear it in a heartbeat! great job Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i'd rather be sewing.
Asiago714
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006 06:41:08 AM »

I think its adorable the way it is!.. Im sure she'll love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

badwulle

eeeeeyooooowaaa hell pig!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006 06:42:07 AM »

all i can say is that i wish i was your sister! this is one hell of a skirt, i like it just how it is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006 02:03:09 PM »

thanks for the comments guys ... Ill try and post more pics if I add anything to it .
 Have a  great day
Jayne
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missmachete
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006 02:52:05 PM »

Dude, that's freaking awesome! Anything TMNT is absolute gold Smiley

:high 5:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rowdy Vamp Raquel
Sewing till the death...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006 03:03:53 PM »

I would so wear the green side of that skirt...and the other side too! I think it's good as is, all I can think of is maybe some big red buttons somewhere (I'm obsessed with buttons). But, if your not into that. I like it the way it is! Lucky sis.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shydeana
Deana M.

Hi! I'm Deana.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006 06:26:12 PM »

I like this best with the white showing and the waist turned green. I'd leave it as is. Why cover such a pretty skirt? You know, wearing it as a white skirt you would have that HUGE hidden pocket inside.... Cheesy

I could never be your sister, though. You are sooo cool and I'm sooo ... boring and old. You would disown me. If I see a topic you start, I always read it. You are inspiring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love is a beast whose bite becomes deadly to your soul. ~ Deana.
clockworkclover
But, why is the rum gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006 08:00:13 PM »

I love it.... wouldn't change a thing,  but i love long plain skirts... not that this is overly plain. Anyway, I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. -Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create an Origami Boat
Meet Origami Artist Alan Cernak
Learn About Working with Washi Paper in Origami
How to Fold Origami Paint Swatch Balls
How to Fold a Fast Paper Airplane
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...