A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: new years/twins birthday  (Read 1653 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alltangledup
« on: December 10, 2006 01:30:43 PM »

I have twins who will turn 11 on (aaggghhh) new years eve. Every year we have a party with family that turns into a New Years eve party that just happens to include a cake. I would really like to blow everyone away but still make it special for the kids. My problem is further complicated by the fact that they are boy/girl twins so it has to be a coed theme. i would really like to do something different this year but still combine both celebrations. I can't do the kids party on a different day b/c this has become "my day" to entertain the family for the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ninosgirl
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006 11:11:53 AM »

is this a friend party or will it be mainly family? you could do a pirate of the carribean party. many sites sell the themed plates and napkins online. near midnight you could have a scavenger hunt for the buried treasure. leave clues around the house with a map. your invites could be X marks the spot to your house for a fabulous party. this could be alot of fun for all ages and still keep with the birthday party without it being all new years party.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006 11:31:48 AM »

Sounds like it is further complicated by family and friends party also.

What about a 7-11 party?  (do you remember the old corner stores in the 80's and early 90's?).  They are turning 11 and the year is turning 2007. 

I am thinking a slushy machine.  The colors for 7-11 were red and green I beleive.  Maybe some how use twinkies to make a birthday cake.  You know fun corner store foods. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50srocknrollergirl
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006 12:44:00 PM »

Hmmm...That's kind of hard...Heres some themes:

*Movie theater at home party - Set up a little theater & a consession stand.  Sell sodas, popcorn & candies.  Use rope lights for the isle lights.  Invites could be a fake movie ticket.

*decade party - 50's, 60's, 70's or 80's.  People could dress up & dance to music.  Have trivia & prizes & treats from that decade.

*Willy Wonka party - I did this for my little sisters 12th birthday.  The kids loved it.  Just have tons & tons of candy & candy related games.  Play the movie.

*Club party - Cool lights & glow sticks.  Cool little drinks for the kids..maybe like kool-aide ice cubes in sprite.

*Video game party - have tournaments & give candy as prizes. 

*fear factor party - Have the kids eat icky foods, decorate with bugs, do an obsticle course.

*Harry potter party - There's tons of ideas for this on the net.

*Movie theme - If there's a movie or book they both love you could make that the theme.

*luau - a tropical party in the middle of winter.

*Hollywood party

*Color theme - Just pick their favorite colors.  Decorate, make foods, & dress in those colors.

Hope this helps...If not...try asking them what they would like to do.  They'll come up with some good ideas.  Have a fun party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alltangledup
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006 03:53:07 PM »

Thanks for the ideas guys! I'm lovin' the 7-11 idea but the kids are leaning towards the pirate one. I'm thinkin' 7-11 might be a bit cheaper b/c I work in a grocery store. I'll let everyone know what I end up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
green monk
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006 06:21:55 PM »

Wow, Bailliesbagsbaubles, that 7-11 idea is really good! I wish I was turning 11... I loved Slurpys!!!! sigh. memories! Those turn-overs were pretty yummy, home-made apple and cherry turnovers would be a great cheaper, less trash way to get them. And ginger ale goes wonderfully (in my memories Wink   ) Its clear and bubbly, kind of looks like champagne.
Pirates would also be a neat one, that movie is great Cheesy If pirates plates dont work, you could use a gold theme, or black and red. sigh, i want to have a party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I WILL BE IN THE WOODS FROM AUGUST TO NOVEMBER... GOOD-BYE COMPUTER!!!
Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2006 10:55:40 PM »

If you go with the pirate theme, don't they have the bags of chocolate gold coins out for sale right now.  They would be a super cute decoration or goody.  For punch some type of drinks to make a green looking punch and maybe add dry ice somehow safely to make it look foggy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006 01:00:56 PM »

the pirates one sounds great. you could make some cheap eye patches, and pirate bandanas for the guests and of course some old school jack sparrow hats for the birthday twins. cake would be super easy, and a treasure hunt would be a lot of fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gammerus

Optimus prime owns you

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006 01:01:49 PM »

... we still have 7/11's here
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alltangledup
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006 09:01:55 PM »

ok, so the twins are still hooked on the pirate party so here's how I think i'm gonna compromise. For New Years eve I'm gonna do the 7-11 party. ( I think the older generations will get a kick out of it) We live in NE PA so my kids have never seen a 7-11. The following week I'm gonna let them invite a few friends for a pirate sleep over with the treasure hunt a viewing of The new pirate movie ( Santa is bringing it) So keep coming up with ideas for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Be a Brilliant Brunette
How to Unleash Your Blonde Bombshell
Hairdressing Essentials Tool Kit Bag
How to Get a Quiff
Use Dry Shampoo to Make Your Blowout Last for Days
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...