my latest order for a friend:
It's a very easy last minute gift for little girls.
Here's the pattern, since it's the season of giving and all...
1. ch2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook
2. 2sc in each sc around
3. sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc around
4. sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
5. sc in next 3 sc, 2 sc in next sc around
6-10. sc in each sc around
11. sc in next 3 sc, dec over 2 sc around
12. sc in next 2 sc, dec over 2 sc around
13. sc in next sc, dec over 2 sc around
add eyes and nose, stuff.
14. dec over 2 sc around, slip stitch in next stitch. Finish off. Leave a long thread for finishing. Close up hole and pull remaining thread up through to top of head and add clip. Sew it securely.
1. ch2, 5 sc in 2nd ch from hook
2. sc in each sc around
3. 2 sc in each sc around
4. sc in each sc around
sew onto head--I use pins with big heads to keep them in the right place while I sew them on.
ch 8, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each sc across. Slip stitch in other side to form a loop (I hope that made sense) Finish off. Leave a long piece of yarn for finishing. Fold it in half with the connecting part in the center back. Wrap the yarn around center to form middle of bow. Knot it in back and use remaining yarn to attach to ear.
For the necklace, I used 4 colors of yarn and did the double chain knot as shown in the Klutz friendship bracelet book--which is also an awesome book to give to any girl. I use mine all the time!