A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,103
Currently Running With Scissors:
768 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Knitty's Calorimetry  (Read 129643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #650 on: April 18, 2007 07:35:19 PM »

lookagnome, i loove ur coworimetry! i wonder if u swatched by double knitting because my gauge is different, looser, when i double knit.
yeah i swatched because my gauge is definitely different when i DK. i'm terrible at math though so it was probably a counting mistake rather than a yarn malfunction. i made that mistake already with a hat for my hubby... it looks like he's wearing a bucket on his head (i'm trying as i type to fit it with some elastic thread)

anyways i cast on this one this morning on the train, and it was done by econ class tonight... its 80 sts on size 8 needles and it fits like a glove. pink and green with tiny cables if the photo isnt clear enough. i'm thinking about adding black "seeds" but i think it might be too much on top of the cables

opinions? i think i have to stop making these for awhile, they're too addictive!

...some secrets are better left undiscovered...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: April 18, 2007 09:27:16 PM »

Ooh, I love the cables!

LiveJournal DeviantArt
The Church of Craft for Kansas City!
"Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work."  ~Aristotle
« Reply #652 on: April 19, 2007 01:00:22 AM »

lookagnome, I think seeds would look ok if you put them in the "valleys" between cables.  I'm a big fan of the watermelon idea!

My blog:

And the essential wistlist:

Recycle your books and get new ones! PaperBack Swap

elliott sadler #19 evernham racing

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: May 02, 2007 08:27:31 PM »

here's the 3rd calorimetry i made.  i was very addicted to making them and will probably make more.... 

i also made matching mittens to go with...

i wound up making a pink one for my sis to match with the wrist warmers and scarf i had knit a while back.  Sad i didn't get a pic of them.  i'll try to get one the next time i visit her and post it.

the 2nd one is a black one for me to wear at my daughter's soccer games in the fall and winter.  it kept my ears nice and warm.  i haven't gotten a pic of it yet either.

just try to do your work and let the melodrama rage on without you....
« Reply #654 on: August 21, 2007 01:13:18 PM »

I didn't want to make my own thread for this, so sorry about the old bump:

I cast on 100 st, used US 8 needles, made gauge and did something like 8 repeats for each half--it's still pretty big on me, but it'll be warm. I just ordered some Malabrigo Chunky to make another which should be even snugglier.

It's Cascade 220 in Aster Heather, and is a lot prettier than the photo can show--the heather is a bright cerulean blue and purply fuschia over the lilac main color.

Also, this is my first-ever knitted FO Smiley

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Live Life Like You Want To!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #655 on: August 21, 2007 01:50:07 PM »

Glad this is open again--almost time to make more for the upcoming winter!

oops--I also meant to say that I love the color of yours!
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007 01:50:38 PM by alwaysinmyroom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 21, 2007 05:35:41 PM »

Oh yeah! I tried to make this last time, but got frustrated for two reasons: I kept not having enough yarn to cast on, and I kept messing up the ribbing.

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
« Reply #657 on: August 21, 2007 06:18:17 PM »

I messed the ribbing up a BUNCH of times--I ended up losing a few yards of the yarn because it was so fuzzy from all the frogging. But then, I expected that since this was me learning to purl for the first time Cheesy

As for the cast-on, I just used a regular (knit?) cast-on, not the long-tail kind, and then I used the two ends (ended up on the same side) to sew the button on, since it was a shank type.

"Look, I've shrunk it! BY THE MAGIC OF XEROGRAPHY." -my sociolinguistics professor

« Reply #658 on: August 21, 2007 07:30:18 PM »

I am planning on making one of these in sws natural violet. love that colorway yay for airplane knitting

Once More, With Feeling..

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: September 06, 2007 09:05:58 AM »

I started one last night, but had had a few drinks and messed up the ribbing Tongue
So I started again, afresh this morning and finished in 2 1/2hrs while listening to Harry Potter on my ipod haha It is much too small for me ( i cast on 80st and this is my first complicated knit so I probably messed it up) So I am going to post it to my lil sister, I am sure she will love it..

it's more of a deeper plum than the photo shows
Now to begin mine...

I must drink the fish oil..
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn about Pocketwizard Plus II Wireless Flash Trigger
Shooting For Super Resolution
Lighting Shooting and Retouching
Photographing Autumn Leaves
How to Photograph a Scarecrow
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Spiral Veggies Recipes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...