A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Knitty's Calorimetry  (Read 109931 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

snappity-snap
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2007 04:15:13 PM »

http://geobabe.livejournal.com/195349.html  are the instructions for the cat's tail short row knitting?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2007 08:11:08 PM »

are the instructions for the cat's tail short row knitting?

Looks like it.  That's a cute kitty.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
snappity-snap
« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2007 08:13:56 PM »

isn't it? i made one and posted it in the FO boards this morning Smiley

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=147435.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
yellowblanket
« Reply #483 on: January 22, 2007 11:15:58 PM »

well i started and finished my patons sws cal today! i wish i had a camera so that i could show you all, but we will have to wait until this weekend. i think i'll wear it tomorrow...i'm so proud! i LOVE this yarn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my wists: http://www.wists.com/yellowblanket

will knit for: earrings, cloth pads, homemade soaps, and handspun yarn. PM me if you want to swap!
jenna_alive
« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2007 01:20:18 AM »

KatAutumn...

The Sugar n Cream one will totally work.  I made one out of the Bernat equivalent to that yarn.  It's great for greasy hair days!  However, be prepared to wash and dry it with every wear, because the cotton doesn't spring back at ALL, despite the ribbing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2007 07:53:55 AM »

have you guys found that 1 skein of patons sws is enough?

this is my first time knitting with this yarn! i'm excited!

the first one i made was with SWS in Natural Pink and i made it following the pattern exactly... it used up almost the entire skein! just had a tiny little ball of scrap left. but it came out the size of a 1972 Buick!!!!! i ended up felting it to get to be small enough to fit my head. now it's just right, but won't cover my ears... and now i misplaced it (pity too, b/c it was so pretty!... my mom probably hid it somewhere)

but i would recommend using size 8s and CO 100 sts as 120 is too big!! (and i found out that for my head, 90 is too small)
and rep row 5, 9x as 15x makes it too wide.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2007 07:55:31 AM »

KatAutumn...

The Sugar n Cream one will totally work.  I made one out of the Bernat equivalent to that yarn.  It's great for greasy hair days!  However, be prepared to wash and dry it with every wear, because the cotton doesn't spring back at ALL, despite the ribbing.

good to know!!! i'm planning on making one out of Red Heart Casual Cot'n. it's a cotton blend but the yarn has almost no stretch. maybe i should just make it a bit tight and let it stretch out.

thanks for the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
Quad Mom
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2007 09:06:59 AM »

i have some moda dea cache that i want to make a cal with...how should i alter the pattern?
Snappity-Snap, my 2nd cal was knit in this exact yarn (did you get it on sale at Michael's?)

My noggin is a bigg'n at 24".  This is how I made my cal (which I'm wearing right now!) from this yarn:
1.  CO 100 stitches on size 8 needles
2.  Followed pattern up to Row 5
3.  Row 5: only 7 repeats
4.  Followed rest of pattern till there were 2 stitches on either side  of markers

The size came out perfectly for me (not too wide).  A photo is posted a few pages prior to this one.  Good luck!

P.S.  I love, LOVE your knitted kitty!!   Grin

« Last Edit: January 23, 2007 09:12:13 AM by Quad Mom » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2007 09:29:52 AM »

g.23, it looks great, nice and cozy. Your mom is gonna love it,  Now I wish I had learned short row knitting :-/

If a very newbie knitter like me can do it (and I have made six so far!), than ANYONE can do it!! I used curtain rings as markers since I didn't have any official knitting markers, but it worked just fine!

I have used every type of yarn and find that with a few minor adjustments, they all seem to work best for me when I cast on 88 stitches on size 7 needles....I tried using 9 with thicker yarn--ick--too big so I frogged it and did it the "normal" way--YAY--I still want to try the ribbon

Did you see moonlightbliss in the IYP thread?--she made one for a swap using only garter stitches and ties!!  I like it, also!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceypooh

I've looked at clouds from both sides now..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: January 23, 2007 02:23:40 PM »

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and knitted my calorimetry last night!   I used Rowan Tapestry, can't remember what the color is called.  I held two strands together, and I didn't bother to match the colors together , I just held two random pieces.  I was sort of scared how it would turn out, but it actually turned out beautiful I think.  The way the striping went turned out pretty symmetrical so I'm very pleased! Oh, and I didn't knit it as wide as the pattern calls for.  I wanted it to be a little more like a headband.  Anyway, here you go..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to have fun. I want to shine like the sun. I want to be the one that you want to see. I want to knit you a sweater. I want to write you a love letter. I want to make you feel better. I want to make you feel free. --Joni Mitchell

http://laceyknitsandpearls.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fashion Trends... All About The Denim
Must Purchase Trend: Quilted Leather
2012 Victoria Secret Fashion Show Sneak Peak
X Factor Stars And Their Little Black Dresses
Rita Ora Has A Wardrobe Change At MOBO Awards
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...