A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
633 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Knitty's Calorimetry  (Read 117276 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #440 on: January 19, 2007 06:53:50 AM »

That sparkly wool's gorgeous!  Cheesy I must have been a magpie in a previous life, I love anything that glitters! *lol*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #441 on: January 19, 2007 09:50:20 AM »

Quad Mom-- I LOVE your cal! it's so pretty with the sparkles!!!

i've decided to make a 5th cal to give to a friend of mine. only fair as she's sending me a free t-shirt from her cafepress.com shop, insanity r us. i think she'll love it b/c she now lives in the part of Indiana that's famous for lake effect snow (about 30 minutes outside of South Bend) and b/c she and i are exactly the same person, except for she doesn't knit.

i'm also going to make a 6th cal, this one's for me, out of cotton. either some blue variegate i have laying around or some scrap TLC cotton plus in "spruce" (a light green). or maybe both!

god these cals are addictive to make! maybe because they're really really good for stash busting! that's what i've been using them for!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
christinawho
« Reply #442 on: January 19, 2007 01:49:52 PM »

After seeing all these posts and pics of everyone's calorimetry, I was inspired to make one for myself.   Grin  This pattern didn't really catch my eye until I saw it here.  Since I'm fairly new to knitting, I usually like to follow the pattern exactly and use the recommended yarn (if I can find it).  I just finished knitting mine last night with the recommended yarn and was totally frustrated that I ran out of yarn on my bind off row and that I had use a new skein just to finish it off.  Not being able to complete the project with one skein made me seriously doubt I followed the pattern correctly.   Huh  I messed up earlier on a short row increase and I thought I fixed it but maybe not.   I even tried counting my rows (not that I really know how to do it right) and I have more than 40.  Of course, from looking at it, I can't tell where I went wrong but it's just been bugging me and now I want to frog it and start over.  Besides, I'm also finding it a bit too wide for me.  The widest part (parallel to the ribbing) measures about 7.5 inches.  Just wondering, how wide is everyone elses?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quad Mom
« Reply #443 on: January 19, 2007 04:13:02 PM »

After seeing all these posts and pics of everyone's calorimetry, I was inspired to make one for myself.   Grin  This pattern didn't really catch my eye until I saw it here.  Since I'm fairly new to knitting, I usually like to follow the pattern exactly and use the recommended yarn (if I can find it).  I just finished knitting mine last night with the recommended yarn and was totally frustrated that I ran out of yarn on my bind off row and that I had use a new skein just to finish it off.  Not being able to complete the project with one skein made me seriously doubt I followed the pattern correctly.   Huh  I messed up earlier on a short row increase and I thought I fixed it but maybe not.   I even tried counting my rows (not that I really know how to do it right) and I have more than 40.  Of course, from looking at it, I can't tell where I went wrong but it's just been bugging me and now I want to frog it and start over.  Besides, I'm also finding it a bit too wide for me.  The widest part (parallel to the ribbing) measures about 7.5 inches.  Just wondering, how wide is everyone elses?
christinawho, it seems everyone's calorimetry has come out too wide and too long (if the pattern is followed exactly).  If yours is too wide, just reduce the number of repeats on Row 5.  This will also cause your repeats for Row 7 to be less: just do Row 7 until you have 2 sts remaining outside the markers, then proceed to the directions for Row 8.  Also, one of the reasons you needed more than 1 skein for the pattern is that your personal tension (how tight you knit the stitches) might be on the loose-side (mine tends to be on the tight-side), everyone's personal tension is different.  Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
KatAutumn
Knitty Hippie

Princess of Mod Podge

View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2007 08:47:59 AM »

Gah!  I *heart* the Moda Dea Cache Calorimetry. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Artsy Fartsy LJ:
The Krafting Kat
graciedoo
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2007 09:12:17 AM »

I finished mine a long time ago, but never noticed there was a KAL for this!
Here's my Calorimetry - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=146993.0

Soon I'm going to start another for my mom. We're going to the yarn store today to pick out a color she likes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2007 09:23:57 AM »

You guys have really inspired me to knit one! I'll be knitting mine with some grey handspun. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
Quad Mom
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2007 10:20:03 AM »

g.23paxilon, your Calorimetry looks nice and toasty!  Post your mom's when you are done with it  Smiley.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quad Mom's Happy-Goodness Bloggie:
http://qmchronicles.blogspot.com/
graciedoo
« Reply #448 on: January 20, 2007 10:57:05 AM »

Sure, I will! I'm just casting on now.
She picked Cascade 220 in this heathery green color.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2007 04:27:20 PM »

So  I jumped on the bandwagon!  I had been itching to try this one and I finally got around to it. 

I totally didn't make it as big as the pattern called for.  I basically just followed the pattern until I liked the half way point and then did the other side.  Oh and like many I only CO 100 stitches.  I could have gone smaller that way too. 

I love it though! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Natural Light on Glamour Portrait
How to Change the Color of an Image
How to Work on a scenic photograph in Photoshop
How to Tidy Up Your Images in Photoshop
How to Create a gallery image Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...