A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
324 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: New Knitty's Calorimetry  (Read 113650 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Conley
I Poke You With Sticks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006 10:22:54 AM »

Yeah 120 was looking extremely big to me too. I also shortened mine to 80... but I'm still in the process of knitting mine.

trinabrielle, they do look different but they also look similar. The colors are off but the striping seems on- so I have no idea. On the one pic (where it shows the button) the yarn looks extremely chunky.

Since I prefer to use what I have as opposed to buying some new stuff, I started out with two strands held together (KnitPicks Shamrock and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes) but it was seeming huge at that point.  So I frogged it and dropped it down to one strand at 80 stitches. The reason I haven't knocked one out in 2 hours is because I frogged it twice alone with the ginormousness of 120 stitches. I kept thinking.... "How big do they think my head is?"... on the other hand, I was thinking, 120 might work very well for people with dreads.

Being told the weight of the yarn the pattern used might have been useful too, since alot of online yarn stores seperate by yarn weight. The Filatura di Crosa 127 Print is listed as Heavy Worsted (to save others having to go look it up)  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog    http://stephieface.wordpress.com
Ravelry    http://www.ravelry.com/people/Stephieface

2/18/12 - I no longer have the directions for wrapped pens, I lost them several years ago. To obtain them for yourself, do like I did, contact DMC threads directly and ask for them.
torrance

vegan knitness!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006 11:10:17 AM »

one for me!
and it's black..who would've thought  Grin

I'm so white i'm like border line albino!  Cheesy, but this was taken with flash.. i'm really not THAT white/pink  Smiley
This took me about 3 hours to knit. I really start to feel it in my wrists that i made two of them today...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nuno930
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006 11:41:45 AM »

Oooh I might switch up my Panta's for this... same thing basically right? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pmack17
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006 11:45:03 AM »

These are all so cute. So, let's learn from the trailblazers' experiences: if we use worsted weight yarn should we cast on 80 or 120? What size needle for worsted weight?
Can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with. Would it be helpful to weigh some of them also to see how much yarn is needed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
charis
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006 11:56:52 AM »

Love them!  That's strange about the stitch count, though.  Hmmm... I'll be making one in a few days... my stash is large but useless so I've got to go get some cute yarn, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canarysanctuary
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006 12:32:02 PM »

Wow, they all look great, and you're all so quick!  Definately inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
bijou_raoul
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006 01:03:06 PM »

I can't wait to make this.  I find that when I wear hats I get too warm and have to take it off, but then my ears get cold, so I'm really big on headbands right now.  I love what I'm seeing so far.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kazkitty
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006 01:36:01 PM »

Isn't this a great pattern? I love all the ones posted so far! Cheesy

I started on elast night as well, and I'm about 3/4 done with it.. I'll post a pic when it's finished..

I CO 120 sts and it does look like it's going to be kinda big... but if it is, I'll give it to my friend who has a larger head than I do... lol

ETA:

I finished! Yay! And I think it's waaaay too big for me.. I'd personally prefer it a little smaller.. I'll have to see if my firend wants it. Cheesy  I used Patons SWS for it and I really like the way the striping came out...

((ignore the messy room!))

« Last Edit: December 09, 2006 05:57:55 PM by Kazkitty » THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2006 05:51:44 PM »

I'm so glad i'm not the only one who though 120 sts was a bit much.

i finished one earlier, but it cam out way too long, so the back bits just   sit on the neck instead.

i'm gonna try it again with maybe 80 sts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blissedout
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2006 05:53:55 PM »

lol i've cast on for this too =) i figured it may be a hit here too. i'm gonna try to pattern as is ... i have a small head but really big hair lol so maybe my dreads will make up for the extra stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 77 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Roasted Chicken Recipe
How to Make Tuna Salad
How to Make Pork Loin
Mozzarella Mushroom Meatballs Recipe
Thanksgiving Turkey Pizza Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...