A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,771
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorate my house room by room craft-a-long  (Read 25644 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2007 06:49:09 AM »

Can we please change the deadline.  The weekend would be great for me too.

DONE! Let's give a week window/grace period for posting..... How does that sound?

We can also post every month too....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muzzymom86
« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2007 07:17:15 AM »

Thank you, Thank you!  The illnesses have been running rampent in my home, nothing serious but we can't seem to all feel well on the same day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2007 07:24:12 AM »

Thank you, Thank you!  The illnesses have been running rampent in my home, nothing serious but we can't seem to all feel well on the same day.
that sucks, hope you all get well soon!

I can't wait to see everyone's pictures. Sorry to say that I have none to share though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
lilgothkatt
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2007 03:57:16 PM »

Ok so I just took some pics but as there is no natural light in my bathroom they are a little off in color.

First off here is my inspiration for the room. This is a painting my grandmother did. It's always been one of my favorites and one of the few pieces of hers that anyone has. The color I painted the walls matches the real light spot right over her shoulder.

So far I've got the new ligth in and the new mirror in and I'm almost done painting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.Ibreedsockmonkeys.etsy.com

www.wists.com/lilgothkatt

I have a bunch of vintage linens for trade. Looking for neat halloween fabrics, day of the dead stuff, star wars stuff.
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2007 05:16:06 PM »

that's a beautiful painting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Teaque
« Reply #165 on: March 11, 2007 10:50:13 AM »

I have been a very bad craft-a-long-er.  My hall is still not done and I was hoping to have moved bathroom by now.  Ah well, life does get in the way doesn't it?

My goal this month (March) is now to get the hall and bathroom done.  They're pretty small spaces so it should be doable.  Finishing the table I made for the hall is probably going to take the most time.

I'm trying thought...I'm trying!

(is there a 'how-not-procrastinate-along anywhere'?)
lol - I just found the procrastination thread ! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007 07:31:02 PM by Teaque » THIS ROCKS   Logged
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #166 on: March 11, 2007 12:43:09 PM »

I was so stoked about this craft a long and then I ended up spending most of February in Kansas b/c my Grandpa was in Hospice and then passed away. My goal this month is to get pictures hung and make a decision on some decorations for my bathroom walls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: March 11, 2007 04:14:50 PM »

I think we should just change this craft a long from one with deadlines to one that is basically post 'em if you got 'em! What do you guys think?

In the spirit of post 'em if you got 'em here is the progress on my bedroom re-do.

The walls were white so we painted them a nice shade of dusty plum. The back wall is the same shade but in a metallic paint so it looks a shade darker.

Then, I wanted the wall leading to the closet to be like a boutique or one of those fancy schamancy closets that take up an entire room. Here is a shot of the hallway with the closet at the end. Jewelery is on the right and purses and hats are on the left.

I made this by spray painting a bulletin board silver then using the same metallic paint to stamp the print. Then I screwed in cup hooks and hung it on the wall.

For purses and hats we got a bunch of dual hooks and hung them up all along the wall. This way everything is organized and I can see what I have so I don't end up buying yet another straw summer purse when I clearly do not need another one!

I am extremely pale and I live in Florida so I am a fan of wearing wide brim hats. We are going to add another row of hooks to the purse wall for my hats.

But that is what we have done so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Teaque
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2007 07:28:29 PM »

gkswife, I'm so sorry about your grandfather.  There's no need to say that a craft-along was definitly not your priority.  I was in a similar situation in that my father was in the hospital.  He's thankfully doing better but helping him recover is on the top of the list right now for me.  I hope that you are doing ok and taking care of yourself.

PinkyK, your room looks great!  I love that colour of purple.  You are motivating to get cracking!

I still like the idea of having deadlines...it keeps me from procrastinating too much.  As long as we don't get kicked out for not meeting them!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2007 07:50:11 PM »

I posted my before pics on the first page. Here's the After:

THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Red Velvet Cupcakes With Festive Sprinkles
How to Make a Strawberry and Nectarine Crisp
How to Make Homemade Snickers Bars
How to Make Strawberry Basil Pie
How to Make Horchata Tapioca
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...