A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 304,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
790 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorate my house room by room craft-a-long  (Read 25081 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2007 07:07:11 PM »

My advice, go to nearest Bart Station, take to Emeryville( I think its really an Oakland stop, walk over nifty bridge, go into IKEA! Yum IKEA, not too expensive, everything from small tables and plants, to artwork and tiny shelves. AND they show you what it could all look like before you buy any of it. Not to mention its cheap and you can have a lovely lunch while looking past Trader Vics at the city. NICE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
artisticnightmare
« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2007 07:10:13 PM »

Arabella- is it possible for you to put the couch up against that wall?  I would turn it that way if it was my place.  You could then put the coffee table in front of it, the new chairs you have coming on the other side of the coffee table and add some side tables over by the window.  I would keep the plants where they are, and possibly add more on some the side tables...and I would paint the window wall a deeper color of what is already there.  I'd also do some sort of sisal blind or a different curtain and add some art work on the bigger walls.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bamabee
« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2007 04:18:46 AM »

OK, this may seem totally absurd, but it is something I'm thinking about doing.  I'm going to take a picture of a flower and have it blown way up and framed.  I have a friend who is a nature photographer who gave me some pretty pictures of tiger lillies.  Maybe something like that could work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hawkeyes_girl

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2007 04:32:54 AM »

I see you have palm trees on your pillows. I'd scan them and rasterbate it.

Or paint on on a large canvas to take up wall space.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"One of the reasons I was attracted to you was because you were so damn cute, sitting there crocheting." -Art

Wist: http://www.wists.com/hawkeyes_girl
Deirdre
« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2007 05:32:20 AM »

ok I need some advice please.  I know that lamp is ugly, but it was a handmedown, plus it's handy for reading or knitting in that corner... should we get rid of it and get a cuter one?  we should, right?  why am I even asking?

I'd look into some heat-tolerant spray paint for metal and spray the lamp three or four different bright cheery colors to kick it up a notch. 

Deirdre
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arabella
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2007 10:54:56 AM »

thanks you guys!  lots of great ideas.  loving the "one big piece of artwork" idea.  this idea is really intriguing:

Arabella- is it possible for you to put the couch up against that wall?  I would turn it that way if it was my place.  You could then put the coffee table in front of it, the new chairs you have coming on the other side of the coffee table and add some side tables over by the window.  I would keep the plants where they are, and possibly add more on some the side tables...and I would paint the window wall a deeper color of what is already there.  I'd also do some sort of sisal blind or a different curtain and add some art work on the bigger walls.
ok I did it, and here's a pic. also with the new coffee table and chair.  btw we ordered a new sofa to match the chair because we are so in love with the chair.  it's green.  you can't really tell in this crappy picture though.  so, what do we think of the new arrangement?  it's pretty cramped, right?  it's cozy when you're sitting in it, but I'm worried it looks too cramped.  all ideas welcome...

« Last Edit: January 24, 2007 05:23:16 PM by arabella » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Stifflersmom
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sassy Britches

We are the people our parents warned us about....

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2007 05:45:10 PM »

Can you put the chair at an angle to the corner? It might open up the area a bit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

As you sew, so shall you rip. Don't fear the ripper.
spitbubbleluv
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2007 06:12:18 AM »

Arabella, I agree with stifflersmom.  Moving the chair to the corner would add some more space.  Plus if the new couch has similar dimensions to the chair, its going to be more crowded once it arrives.  Your living room is very pretty.  It seems like a relaxing place to be.

Here's my progress so far.  I'm at a point where I can go no further.  We need a new couch, but I'm still undecided what to buy. 

I rearranged the furniture and re-did my bookshelf.  I made new pillows as well.  Check out my blog for way too much info on them.  The painting is by me.  Its of my son.  The lampshades are covered in fabric that I dyed and stenciled.  The table was decoupaged a few years ago.  Its not holding up well with a 3 year old who picks at it though, so it will be replaced soon.  I had planned on painting or upholstering it, but its kind of wobbly. 

Another pillow.  Based on the Amy Butler pillow in her book.  I hate my entertainment center but it too has to wait.  Sometimes I really hate being overseas.

Another new pillow.  I made the quilt as well.  Its based on a Denyse Schmidt quilt.  The mirror is covered in seashells.  I'm missing a picture on the right side.  I couldn't find a plate hanger at the store.  I have a little mirror that will be hung there. 
I love being surrounded by stuff that I have made.
I'm going to go ahead and start on the next month's room(s)-dining room and kitchen.  My dad is coming to visit so I'm not sure how much time I will have in late February and March.  I'm going to finish stuff in my dining room and kitchen.  I plan on repainting my canisters, making potholders, and covering my son's table in oilcloth so far.  There's always a ton of small stuff too. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muzzymom86
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2007 06:36:56 AM »

spitbubbleluv:  I love your furniture.  The quilt on your couch is great.  I would love to see a picture of the whole thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2007 06:48:58 AM »

wow, nice room, spitbubbleluv
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kenko Lightmeters Review- KFM-1100 and KFM-2100
How to use the Photo Master Target
How to Edit a Composite Image
Cameron Hybrid Tripod and Photo Clam Ball Heads
Photo Clam Ball Head
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...