A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,719
Currently Running With Scissors:
746 Guests and 54 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorate my house room by room craft-a-long  (Read 23790 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

momysinthesouth
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2007 01:10:28 PM »

I'm really just redoing a closet.  It's in my girls' room.  There are 3-soon-to-be-4 of them in the one room with a waaaaaaaaaaaay small closet.  We need space for lots of dresses and some place for shirts and shorts.  More space for socks and undies.  Then the shoes.

I'll post measurements and a pic soon.  Gotta go feed a baby for now.

Amy in SC
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2007 01:51:54 PM »

DH just vacated his half of the big closet in my January room! He's a big comic book nerd and has loads of boxes of them. He took the closet in the spare room, and he left his shelves for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: January 23, 2007 09:14:42 AM »

The first big deadline to post photos is Next Wednesday, January 31st!
How is everyone comming along? Are projects being wrapped up? I cannot wait to see what everyone comes up with both BIG and small improvement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muzzymom86
« Reply #113 on: January 23, 2007 09:24:00 AM »

ugh!!!  I just can't seem to get going in the evenings.  I had knee surgery on 12-27 and this is my last week of PT.  I don't get home from that until 6 p.m. then once I get supper ready and eat.  I really don't feel like doing anything.  I guess I really need to get over it and get moving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney

« Reply #114 on: January 23, 2007 10:09:16 AM »

Working on the craft area first:
1. finding some sort of extra lighting
done, sort of
2. getting all the craft supplies unpacked (no more cardboard boxes!)
mostly done, DH has to carry the boxes up for me though
3. curtain for the window
found material I like, just have to go back and buy it and make them
4. make room for everything (haha)
DH took care of that by vacating the closet and claiming another.
5. find a way to hang my whiteboard and cutting mat/ruler without making holes in the paneling?
I don't know
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muzzymom86
« Reply #115 on: January 23, 2007 12:18:57 PM »

Dooney

find a way to hang my whiteboard and cutting mat/ruler without making holes in the paneling?
I don't know

How about those Contact Brand hooks.  I don't know if the hook part is too big for the hole or not.  The hooks have a sticky stuff on the back.  No residue left when you remove it.  It is kind of like poster-tac.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dooney

« Reply #116 on: January 23, 2007 02:03:41 PM »

The board comes with these white hook sort of things that you're supposed to screw into the wall and then hang the whiteboard on them, they slip between the frame and the back, so there aren't any holes in the board. I wonder if I could adapt the included hangers.
As for the cutting mat and ruler, those will be hung in the closet, I think. I don't mind holes in the paneling there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #117 on: January 23, 2007 02:30:01 PM »

I haven't done a darned thing...been sick most of the month, so not a lot happening lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
arabella
« Reply #118 on: January 23, 2007 06:33:02 PM »

ok I need some advice please.  sorry this is a terrible picture for what I need advice for, but it was one I had and I haven't been motivated to take a new one.  we have a tiny, tiny apartment.  (We live in San Francisco!  you know what rents are like there!)  With an ugly carpet.  So, if you can see in the back of the picture, the "living room" area, what can I do with that wall area in to the right (as you're looking at the pic) of the couch?  I was thinking maybe very shallow shelves with leaning artwork or small artsy things?  our walls are drywall so we can't do anything too heavy.  or a small small table with a plant on it?  because we love plants.  or just some pictures/artwork hung directly on the walls?  I know that lamp is ugly, but it was a handmedown, plus it's handy for reading or knitting in that corner... should we get rid of it and get a cuter one?  we should, right?  why am I even asking? and I know that is a dining room chair in the living room, and as part of this craft-a-long, we ordered a new chair and coffee table, so that will be gone!  you'll see in the "after" photos.   

ok enough babble!  any ideas about what to do with that blank wall space back there?  or any other ideas?  thanks!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tooms
« Reply #119 on: January 23, 2007 06:42:42 PM »

I've made some progress...this forum inspired me to finish an endtable that I'd been meaning to decorate for ages now.  I also painted the bedroom with stripes and finally got a real bed (as opposed to box spring and mattress on the floor, which I've done for seven years).

Now I just need to get moving and get some photos...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get an Aviator Hairstyle
Hair How To: The Modern Quiff
A Hassle-Free Routine For Getting Rid of Split Ends
3 Summer Hairstyles To Beat The Heat
Quick Tips to Fight Frizzy Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...