A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Decorate my house room by room craft-a-long  (Read 24700 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: December 29, 2006 07:27:13 AM »

Great idea gskwife!

One of my projects is to decorate our bedroom. We moved into our new house over two years ago and one of the first things we were going to do was buy a king sized bed. Well....we still haven't. So I'm going to do it today! The one I have had my eye on is on a close out sale so I'm going to suck it up and buy it.  Who knew mattresses have model years like cars do!? The one I want is being replaced by a new model and is on a super get it out of our store sale with a 12 months same as cash no interest deal!

I'm SO psyched!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 29, 2006 07:31:47 AM »

ohh, sweet deal, PinkyK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
gkswife
Crazy lady with a glue gun

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2006 08:56:45 AM »

How exciting PinkyK!! We have a king size bed and I LOVE it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psmommy
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2007 01:45:45 PM »

Okay, it's January, time to kick redecorating into high gear.  Cheesy   I am starting by redoing my living room. I managed to do a few things last week, but I still have a long way to go.

Here are my before pictures so you can see what I'm working with.
(I thought about cleaning up before taking the pictures, but, well that would be a lie.)

YIKES!!

Okay, here's what needs to be done.

1. Clean!  And rearrange all furniture. Create a special area for my new sewing center. (DONE. I managed to get this done the day after Christmas. I was off, and my son was at daycare. I couldn't ask for a better opportunity.)

2.  Clean out large walk in storage closet attached to living room. (I just did this on Saturday night, and quickly realized I am an empty box aholic!!  Over half of my 10' X 4' closet was filled with empty boxes from all our electronic items, toys, and baby stuff. I chucked them all. We can now walk in the walk in closet.)

3.  Buy new artwork to cover blaring white walls. Rearrange existing artwork to coordinate.

4. Make and find some way to hang curtains over ugly, bent up, white vertical blinds on patio doors.

5. Sew new couch cover and throw pillows.

6. revamp beat up coffee table.

7. Do something (cover, revamp, replace) with old computer chair.

Whew. This will probably take me a few months to complete, but it already looks way better than it did in the above photos.  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2007 02:02:22 PM »

psmommy, well done! Heh, Yeah, I looked into my closet the other day and noticed I had some empty boxes, too. Those'll be going in the next few weeks, too. Though I will h old on to some for swaps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
lillesoed
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2007 11:09:46 PM »

I must say, I am entirely embarrased to post my before photos. I have not done ANYTHING. I keep trying to set time aside...but sadly, I don't get anything done. I hope this will be a motivation for me to get some of my "projects" done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap for any kimono/yukata/japanese fabric or marimekko fabric you may have! PM me if interested Smiley
PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2007 06:32:41 AM »

I must say, I am entirely embarrassed to post my before photos. I have not done ANYTHING. I keep trying to set time aside...but sadly, I don't get anything done. I hope this will be a motivation for me to get some of my "projects" done.

I hear ya! I must have started to take "before" photos of my bedroom 412 times over the weekend and every time I stopped to do a wee bit of picking up.   Roll Eyes  It really is a wreck. But I did buy the new boxspring and mattress on Friday and it can't be delivered until the 27th so I have time to get the whole room in order before it arrives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smartygirl

riding the angst train all the way to the f-word

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2007 08:05:55 AM »

can i join in? i just started a year of mat leave, and i'm hoping to use the time at home to get to all of the projects that i thought of when we moved into our house just over a year ago. project number one is the baby's room, since the baby is due, um, wednesday. yikes! for the past year, it's been my sewing room (hence covered in bits of thread and yarn and everything else) and the room where we put stuff when we're cleaning up in a hurry because people are coming over. i.e., a huge freaking mess.

okay, deep breaths, i'm going to post the before picture:

i have been working on it! it's not that bad now! i swear...

here's hoping i get it sorted by the time baby is here, or at least by the end of january for the thread deadline for room #1...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2007 09:16:49 AM »

smartygirl, good luck, and try to take it easy Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkyK

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2007 10:21:51 AM »

can i join in?

Of Course! I just added you to the first post!

Welcome to the fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Wavy Hair
Top 4 Secrets to Longer Hair
How to Get Oscar Inspired Hairstyles
How to Get a Perfect Pro Blow Out at Home
George Papanikolas Predicts Oscar Red Carpet Hair Trends
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...