A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
304 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cover a 14" Pillow Swap (SIGN-UPS OPEN UNTIL 17th DEC)  (Read 3787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosali

English Monkey

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2006 11:26:47 AM »

Superhuge thanks to Neliamne who pioneered this swap idea!

Swap name: Cover a 14" pillow swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: rosali
Sign-up date range: 4th Dec - 17th Dec
Date to send items by: 18th Jan
Participants from all countries allowed? Yes!
All ages allowed? Yes (Please ask your parents if you're under 16)

Swap Organizer meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap gains more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

DETAILS OF SWAP:

-If you would like to make and receive a gorgeous pillow cover this swap is for you; it could be sewn, embroidered, knitted; anything you can think of! We'll only send the cover not the pillow form to save on postage. I'll assign partners on Dec 18 then it's up to you to discuss ideas with your partner so you'll get a really special pillow that you'll love!
I'll be sending out PMs throughout the swap, please reply so I know you're not a flaker. Also please keep in contact with your partner - it's the most fun part Smiley

RULES:

-All participants must be willing to ship to international destinations if necessary. Since were only sending a single 14" cover, shipping costs should be reasonable.

-You must send a DCN delivery confirmation number (for within the USA) or photo of your receipt (for international) to your swap partner and me rosali.

-Shipping Tip For US Residents (courtesy of kategirl): The USPS requires that the package measures at least thick for a DCN.  If your package is too flat, it might be necessary to bulk up the package with a couple of plastic grocery bags to get the DCN!
-Shipping Tip for Sending TO Canada: Canadian Customs really, really likes getting their cut ($5 handling fee plus taxes on the declared value). Please remember to mark your customs form with gift and NCV (No Commercial Value) or NA (Not Applicable) when sending to Canada.
-For US swappers sending to Canada (thanks to yarncookie for the info): The name of the form is Custom Declaration CN-22 (PS Form 2976) and is green and white. But you have to fill it out at the post office, you can't get it off the usps website.

If that sounds good to you and you want to participate, send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:

Name of swap: Cover a 14" pillow swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your full real name:
Mailing address:
Are you a Friend of Craftster/Swap Angel? (with proof in your profile):
Have you read the rules for this swap and understood how this swap works? 
Do you promise to communicate with your partner and the organizer when you send, recieve or if you are late?
What kind of pillow would you like to make? (eg crocheted, felted, knitted, quilted or give links to examples):
What kind of pillow would you like to receive? (eg crocheted, felted, knitted, quilted or give links to examples):

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER (rosali) VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to consult the Swap Info Guide and Swap Etiquette to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

LIST OF APPROVED SWAPPERS:
rosali
jellyfish8706
glittergirl94
irish_chicky
meg2101
chicas
eidnarb
waterbaby
Colorfuldayz
ashestoashes
TreeTree
PinkyK
BubbleDragon
mdsvc89

WHO IS SENDING TO WHOM (to be completed on Dec 18):
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006 07:49:37 AM by rosali » THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006 11:49:59 AM »

YEAH! Thanks Rosali for taking this on!

I'm going to sign up! I'm just going to wait until I get home from work this evening to do it. Gotta put some thought into these questions you know!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jellyfish8706

Let's make it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006 01:13:26 PM »

Sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/kitschcouturebykelly
glittergirl94
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2006 05:31:18 PM »

Sent and approved!  And all in about ten mintues!  Woo Hoo for the speedy organizer! 

When I sent in my info I requested that I be paired with someone(if there is someone interested, that is) that would like to craft a pair of pillow covers.  I'd love a set for my couch, wouldn't you? Grin  And if not(I know it may be a tall order during the holiday season) I'd be happy to get one pillow cover just the same!  Happy Crafting to All!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shooting star
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006 05:46:54 PM »

hmmm, I'm quite interested in this swap and would probably be interested in making a pair of pillow cases, if someone was still interested in that.

However I will have to wait and see how the holiday crafting goes before I can sign up for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
meg2101
Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006 06:09:10 PM »

This sounds great! I've been wanting to try and knit a pillowcase for a while, but I haven't had a good opportunity up 'til now.  Smiley I've got some cool ideas running through my head.

Sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
jellyfish8706

Let's make it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006 09:21:18 PM »

yay! I'm excited.  A pair of pillowcases is a good idea.  LOL, i only have room for 1 because i live in a 10'x12' dorm room, but I definitely understand how that's the perfect size pillow for a couch.  Can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

myspace.com/kitschcouturebykelly
irish_chicky
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006 02:57:28 AM »

sent, this sounds like it will be a fun swap, i've been waiting forever for it to start up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
meg2101
Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006 01:59:30 PM »

A pair would be nice too, I like have lots on my bed to prop me up when I read or knit.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
waterbaby
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2006 12:50:25 PM »

Am hoping to have a new couch soon, and a handmade pillow for it would be great!  Have PM'd my questionnaire....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Things to Try This April 2014
How to Make an Organic Sugar Scrub
Futuristic, Aerodynamic Eyeliner at the Herve Leger FW 2014 Show
Mom.Me Makeover: Crystal
Mom.Me Makeover: Angela
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...