A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,781
Currently Running With Scissors:
571 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2006 Wishlist December CLOSED  (Read 7178 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2006 09:15:22 PM »

Hey man, I'm Julia from Ottawa, Canada. Thanks for browsing my wishlist!

+ pins to adorn boring sweaters (e.g. flower pins, 1" buttons, interestingly shaped badges) Thanks meg2101!

+ jewelry that incorporates shiny and/or sparkly beads

+ a tote-sized purse that zips at the top or has some other kind of closure

+ a crocheted Ewok

+ a quilted purse

+ a microscope-slide pendant

+ fabric, because I just got my very own sewing machine and I can never have enough material. I like plaid, corduroy, and crazy prints

+ crochet supplies (I just learned how to crochet!)

+ skeins of 100% wool or cotton yarn (no novelty yarns! Why does everybody like those?)

+ origami paper, especially the oversized kind (like 12"x12")

+ anything from the wistlist

That's all I can think of... for now.

A little about me: I'm a 19-year-old student in French-English translation, which naturally means I'm a huge nerd. I speak English, French, German, Latin, and very rudimentary Arabic. My hobbies are knitting, embroidery, reading, shopping and baking. I'm also a big TV addict (TVdict? Oh wait, there's already a word for it: couch potato.). My favourite colour is green and I find the colour brown objectionable, but all other hues are fair game. I love Martha Stewart, big dangly earrings, chocolate, Star Wars, yarn, Colin Firth, Wallace and Gromit, trees, tea, enormous rings, Christmas, and sales. My dream is to travel to the UK.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2006 11:02:36 AM by yamwam » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Loose pleats sink fleets

Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2006 01:21:55 AM »

This might be a silly question, but are we permitted to PM who we're crafting for? To ask them questions about their interests and likes?

Smiley Thanks!

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006 05:01:22 AM »

Absolutely yes!  Generally you want to PM them anyway, just to touch base - crafting for someone is almost like a relationship, you learn their likes and dislikes...

Of course, post-stalking them helps, too  Wink

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006 09:02:47 PM »

Hi and thank you for looking. My name is Kala, I am from Ontario, Canada. I am an engineering student. I love beading and most things crafty, but I can't paint or sculpt worth a darn. I have tried crocheting and knitting but haven't gotten into the swing of things yet.

I have travelled a lot throughout Canada and worked a lot of odd jobs. I usually tutor highschool level math and biology as well as being a ski instructor in the winter. I hope this helps!

-this bag, I fell in love with it the minute I saw it. I like forests and the colour green.

-beads, I love all kinds of beads, I really really like unique beads like dice beads or unusual glass beads

-this cross stitch I would like it for my friend by I have never cross stitched. It would be especially perfect if it was a little more goth. I don't need a frame or anything, I can frame it myself.

-cover for my spare tire with the Darwin fish drawn on it, I drive an Isuzu rodeo, if you need dimensions for this please send me a PM. Here is a pic of a smashed up Honda Passport (same style of truck as mine), to give you an idea of what a tire cover would entail.

-any beading or ReadyMade magazines

-I could also use a really good logo for my website Eden Henna something that is unique and can be used in the header, a banner for other sites and business card. I know that is asking a lot but I thought I'd throw it out there!

-This clay pendant. I just cant get enough of the first one. I love the blue and the flowers and everything about it.

-I would adore some of these ribbon candy ornaments!

Thanks again and happy holidays!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006 05:40:06 AM by kacarrol » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2006 10:44:57 PM »

Hello! My name's Maggie, I'm 15 and I live in Kansas, USA with my family and our load of pets (too many to name). I love reading, knitting, watching movies and listening to music. Thank you so much in advance should you grant any of my wishes.  Grin

Some interests of mine for inspiration: Harry Potter, Samurai Jack, The Prince of Tennis, Artemis Fowl, Narnia (Mr.Tumnus specifically), gaming, Black Adder (III is my favorite), Jeeves and Wooster, Star Wars, Firefly, World of Warcraft, the color orange.

(beware - I'm emoticon happy!)

Purse Handles - round preferably, any color is fine.

Photo Boxes - like these, for holding yarn/photos/craft supplies. Smiley

Colorful, fun ribbon in all widths.

Blank t-shirts, XL in any color.

Old Sheets/Fabric - All colors, or with characters on them. (disney, power rangers, sesame street, pokemon, batman, winnie the pooh, harry potter, ect.)

Yarn in all weights, colors, brands. I'm especially looking for something gray that I can make an after-christmas present for myself with.

Paintbrushes - We had a ton of 'em when I was a kid, but it seems that I either ruined or lost all of them and there's only a few left.

Mittens - I can't seem to find gloves that will fit my stubby little fingers, and I think mittens would solve this problem nicely! Whatever pattern/craft suits your mood. Thank you so much kayrun!  Kiss

Lyrics Pillow - I would love one of these with these lyrics or these lyrics.

Legwarmers - Up to the knee or higher, red, cream or white preferably. Wink Large or stretchy if possible.

Serving Tray - The kind with handles or just something to hold onto. Not really for serving other people, but I frequently find myself making multiple trips from the kitchen to wherever I'm eating, balancing hot bowls of ramen, utensils and a drink while trying not to step on cats! A cool design with room to put an average-sized plate would be fab.

Jersey/cloth headbands - Jersey in any color would be great, so it's stretchy and will fit over most of my head.

Scarves - I can knit, but my attention span is that of a three-year-old and I unfortunately can't seem to finish anything for myself. I love fringe and cool stitches, and it just has to be long enough to loop through itself and go around my neck.  Wink

Earrings/necklaces of all kinds, especially if it's silver or sparkly. 8D

A surprise from my wists!

And pretty much anything to do with any of my fandoms is a guaranteed love.   Cheesy - Thank you geckochan!  Kiss

Oh my, I feel so greedy! Please and Thank You!
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006 06:56:42 PM by meg2101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006 11:31:04 PM »

Wow, I just realized that I completely forgot to post my list... holiday stupidity has set in!  Tongue

So anyway, I'm Joanna, I will be 27 on Christmas Eve! I'm in Germany, but will be back in Rhode Island on the 22nd, so anyone who chooses me will be shipping to the US. I'm obsessed with travel, paper, the art of Nick Deakin, chocolate, books, the ocean, classic Hollywood, soft things, and shiny things. There is far more info than you will need in my blog as well - link in my sig!

My List:

- a nestlace with something other than eggs in it. Maybe a turtle?
- I would adore you if you made me a love letter necklace like Uli's on Project Runway! It can be all silver, or even a colored clay envelope if you want. It would be awesome if the little letter could have the initials J and E written on it. These are the best pics I can find! http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/photos/season/3/designers/Uli_Herzner
- A version of one of these pendants with a leather cord http://www.spoonfedart.com/gallery/gallery.html

Craft stuff:
- Colorful roving! I'm a newly addicted wet felter and can't get enough!
- Needle felting kit
- rubber stamps, ink pads
- Fine point sharpies in various colors
- a grab bag of fun or vintage buttons, trims, and ribbons (I love rickrack and would die for some measuring tape ribbon)
- Clear microbeads and "oh so sticky" tape
- Decorative papers, cardstock, envelopes, vellum, ephemera, stickers, and/or other embellishments for scrapbooking/cardmaking
- Yarn, any color, all types. I'm learning to crochet AND knit thanks to lovely craftster made kits, so I'll need to build a stash from scratch!

- Leg warmers (I want a  fuzzy soft pair of these so much I can't stand it!), I have big feet and skinny ankles, so if the legwarmers are a bit wider at the bottom than usual (think boot cut) that would be fantastic! Maybe in grey, tan or cream/white?
- Dynomite knucks from knitty
- Knee socks. Especially stripes or argyle. I'm a US size 9-9 1/2, but you don't need to make them yourself!

- I love all things PaPaYa, one of their journals or card sets would be awesome, but a handmade journal/card set inspired by them would be awesome also!
- A swap journal (there is one I love on my wists)
- An atc book
- I adore screenprinted, stenciled, and embellished tees/tanks/hoodies. Women's small for tees and tanks, medium for a hoodie. I especially love zip up hoodies with large hoods cause I have a big head and lots of hair. See my wists or PM me for ideas.
- Bath/body stuff, homemade is great! I love gritty, exfoliating soaps, creams/lotions, and have a severe lip gloss addiction
- a sock monky / stupid sock creature kit with a colorful or stripey sock
- A stuffie like this! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136306.40
- I'd love a medium sized purse, but with a strap/handle, not a clutch! Perhaps a fun or vintage print, there are tons on my wists if you need an idea.
- If anyone is good with drawing/photoshop/making banners/etc. I'd love to have a banner/logo created for my future shop (jojobeandesigns)! I am having trouble coming up with something! I'd like labels and a rubber stamp for things I make, so PM me if you are interested!
- Stuff from your country. I love to travel and learn about new cultures, so I'd love a package with things that are typical in your country. Recipes, music, foods, trendy items, ephemera, etc. Like the items from "My Country Doesn't Have That" swaps!
Please just don't choose this if you are in the US, Canada, or Germany - I've had my fill Smiley

Also, feel free to suprise me with anything on my wists!
Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses me!   Grin
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006 12:49:21 AM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I <3 Halloween

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2006 03:18:54 PM »

Gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=140301.0

also linked on intro post

Halloween Crafts on Flickr
Please send packages with postage stamps when you can!
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies (round inchies) to make bottle cap magnets.
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2006 06:23:22 PM »

Hello! I'm geckochan - a visual art student in BC Canada. I love, well, pretty much anything beautiful and unique really. Thank you for checking out my wishes!

Wool roving for me to try felting (total newbie!)

Needlefelting kit

Vintage/vintage-inspired patterned fabric

Vintage jewellery pieces/buttons/etc.

Japanese sewing/craft books/magazines

A cloche (especially a felted one!)(although crochet with a flower is aweseme too!)
Ooh...  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=116991.0

Furry hat:

Hairfalls  - I like the felt dreads/roving/synthetic hair ones rather than the yarn/plastic/rexlace ones - in reds or blues perhaps, but with browns mixed in so they don't look silly with my own hair.

A crow of some sort:

Something embroidered (like on a shirt or little bag, or a thrifted hoodie, or just a piece of fabric I can use) - jellyfish, cherry blossoms, deer, crows, koi fish...
(stencilled is cool too)

Anyone want to make me a doubtful guest plushie? ^_^

Fascinators: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=102666.0 (I adore the second one with the peacock feathers!)   ~ Yay, thank you Meg2101 ~

A felted bag with a flower like this:

Or, visit my wists to get ideas of things I love, and surprise me! I love surprises.

For colours, I love to wear heather/violet/pink/green/white/black/plum/wine red/aqua/turquoise/grey. I love nice prints too - vintage/floral/asian/whatnot. Lately I love brown with colours (brown and baby pink, brown and robin's egg blue, etc).

Thank you for looking!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2006 10:31:14 PM by geckochan » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2006 02:49:44 AM »

Yay, I get to join!

Hi, I'm Amy, in Wisconsin USA.  I'm a computer programmer by day, and mom the rest of the time to 2 teenagers, one of whom is a craftster! 

Favorites are:  bright jewel tones (think ruby, sapphire, emerald), Mickey mouse, Dragonflies, country music, dark chocolate... i dunno, let me think on that one.

here's my wish list:

handspun yarn - any color, any weight, as long as it's enough to make something out of it

hand painted yarn - do you love to Kool-Aid dye?  i'm in an apartment, and I'm massively afraid to try it here... so if you love to dye the yarn (specially the painted technique) and wanted to send the results, I'd probably be your best friend for life!

felting yarn - bright colors, reds, burgundy, blues are favorites

This felted anemone bag http://www.straw.com/cpy/patterns/bags/bag-anemone-felt.html

a clutch bag like this - maybe mickey mouse? http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=83488.msg836852#msg836852

these felted flowers http://crazyyarnlady.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=52&category_id=21

a bag like this http://www.savvyseams.com/bags/flower.php

squares to make a quilt - 6" x 6", please.  I'll piece everything together (and post the results).

thick athletic socks with slouchy cuffs - on my wist, there's a pair for the style I like

anything to decorate my BR - colors are off white, sea-foam green, ocean shades through to a toasty light brown

squares to make an afghan -  6" x 6", I think.  I decided I wanted a new afghan, so if you wanted to use up stash, I'll put them all together

a bubba*tink style wallet - need LOTS of spaces for cards, since I have every rewards type card known to mankind

felted case for my digital camera - so i don't scratch the screen - PM for dimensions.

Address labels, for sending out all our packages - PM for details

Notecards for enclosing in my packages

anything inspired by my wist  http://www.wists.com/Dulcinea

Thanks in advance to anyone who chooses me
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006 04:42:03 AM by Dulcinea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2006 10:37:54 PM »

Yeah, my first Swap I am so excited!  My name is Andrea and I am 31.  I am an Texan living in Germany, I am a SAHM of 2 kids 3 and 6.  I love sewing and I also go to college via the internet.

My favorites:  My favorite color is purple, but don't wear alot of it, wear alot of neutrals.  I am very patriotic, like tigger and winnie the pooh, cows are ok and I am doing my dining area and kitchen in a wine and grape motif.  My BR is americana. 

Note:  I live in Germany, but can recieve German post and American Post.  American post gets to me in about 1 week if sent via first class or priority, all other mail types can take 4 to 6 weeks. 

Supplies:  Everything is expensive over here or I can't find
      I love fabric I have a fabric addiction, looking for decorator weight fabric and fun fur (pink, purple or two tone).

Trim is another one hard to come by eyelash trim, beaded trims, cording, fun rick racks, gross grain ribbons, anything fun

Different Buttons

Purse making supplies:  The rings for handles, closures (I already have magnetic snaps), purse feet,  and anything else my purses might need.

6 x 6 squares to make my husband or daughter a rag quilt (I am thinking patriotic for hubby or houston texans and shabby chic for dd)

USMC fleece large enough to make blanket for teenage boy (like 2 yds or a panel)

I love it, especially bracelets and earrings(nothing to big, I prefere simple) and I prefer silver or silver and gold mix.

I do like this ring http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=343495

I could use a scarf to match my new black and white hat

I also like these headbands for my dd (http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=391781) and she is girly

Or a fun hat for my son

oh and I saw the cutest Hello Kitty the other day, I will have to find the link

1 inch buttons and magnets with my etsy store on it

Labels for my purses (Shrinky dink or fabric)

Small Notecards

or a suprise from my wist, www.wists.com/bagsbaubles

Thank you in Advance if you choose me, this is my first time doing this and I think it just seems so fun!

« Last Edit: December 27, 2006 11:57:55 AM by Bailliesbagsbaubles » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hard@Play Ep5: Waterpark
Eli & Ido Along Time | Connected Scene Pulls
Jonathan With A Married Woman | Connected Scene Pulls
Good News And Bad News For Derek | Connected Scene Pulls
How To Make Patriotic Luminaries For Memorial Day
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...