A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
333 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Any Germans (or other continental Europeans) here?  (Read 10147 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

wherethewild

Stitchalicious.com - funking up embroidery!

View Profile WWW
« on: September 24, 2004 12:15:21 AM »

I´ve been trying to find groups/people/shops/anything in Germany or surrounding countries. There´s no country-specific board in craftster, so its a bit difficult. I´d really like to meet with people/form a group/whatever as there´s not much going on...
I´m based in Hamburg, but....have craft, will travel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stitchalicious - funking up embroidery

Street art and Graffiti cross stitch patterns!
Hetobeto
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2004 05:14:43 AM »

I'm in Germany!!  Lutherstadt Wittenberg, to be exact.  It's in the former East, so there isn't much going on.  Lots of little (and expensive!) craft shops, not good for someone on a limited budget (me!), but I do what I can.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2004 12:04:54 PM »

Hah! I used to live in Halle/Saale! Witttenberg is cute - been there are couple of times for meetings - and of course it has a very famous church door.

I haven´t found ANY decent places to get stash in Germany. Nothing seems to be really set up for needleworkers (as it´s FAR too old fashioned) and so everything I get sent in from overseas (England, Oz or US). *Sigh* sometimes I miss home....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2004 01:22:11 PM »

Oooooohhh.  I miss Germany.  I would think you could great yarn there........guess I was wrong.  No GGH? 

Boo 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hetobeto
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2004 11:53:22 PM »

Whoa, that is just too wacky!  This must be the week of weird connections through Craftster, because I discovered someone this week who went to my college (about 10 years before I did, but still!)

Anyway, do you have any recommendations about websites to order from?  And where are you from originally?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2004 11:01:02 AM »

I´m Ozzie, but been here for 5 years in various cities.
As to where I order stuff from, well...usually I call my mum and get her to ship stuff over. Otherwise I´ve ordered speciality goldwork threads from Golden Threads in England, or bought up when I´ve been there (have you SEEN the prices to England with Ryan Air? I could´ve bought a ticket Berlin-London for 50cents!!! It´s then actually worthwhile just to go there and stock up on stash!)
As to knitting yarns, well that craft is actually "in", so you can get quite a bit. Its just poor old and stuffy traditional-type needleworkers like me that luck out.
Where are you from Hetobeto?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hetobeto
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2004 12:17:10 AM »

I am from Ohio, in the States, originally, but I am here in Germany for the next year or so on an internship.  Let me say that I sooooooooo miss the massive craft department stores that are so abundant back home!

But thanks for the tips, and now I won't hesitate to order something I find online 'in case I can find it here' because now I know that I can't find anything here!  lol

How did you end up here from Down Under, wherethewild?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2004 07:42:31 AM »

Came to do some post-graduate study, met a guy, got married, stayed! Germany is still unlikely to be permanent, but I can´t see myself settling down in Oz either.  Undecided Sometimes its hard to be an ex-pat!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2004 05:35:26 AM »

Hey!
I'm from Germany too, Hamburg to be exactly. What kind of crafts do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:
http://orangmerajut.blogspot.com/

personal swap friendly
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2004 10:33:31 AM »

I´m also in Hamburg! I do embroidery and, well, embroidery. Primarily boring, traditional stuff I´m afraid. How about you?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2004 12:16:00 PM »

I'm currently learning to knit. Just scarves and such.
I also sew and do handicrafts(?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:

personal swap friendly
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2004 01:54:36 PM »

Maybe we should try to get a bunch of Hamburgers together! Know any other crafty people here? I´m afraid my circle are as crafty as my dog is on a bad day, so I´d love to meet some who are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javede
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2004 10:27:29 PM »

Sorry, but i don't know any crafty people either. I did a sewing course for the last two month and thought that maybe I could meet some there. Unfortunately they were all around the age of my mum...they were nice though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:

personal swap friendly
Hetobeto
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004 06:38:49 AM »

I can crochet, stencil shirts, and etch glasses, but limited luggage space forced me to bring only one craft with me when I moved: a huuuuuuge celestial cross-stitch project.  But, I am almost finished with that and am looking into starting on Christmas gifts, which will probably all be embroidered tea towels or cross-stitched hand towels.  I like to do a lot of different things, though, and am always on the look out for cute suggestions!

Too bad I am not in Hamburg, or I would join your little convention!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004 02:45:51 PM »

Well you could always visit the big city! It´s pretty nice actually and I spent a lot of time travelling between Hamburg and Halle/Saale a few years back and the train connection is pretty good.
Should we perhaps organise something? Can´t guarantee we´ll like each other  Wink but at least we can mutually commiserate the lack of crafting goods!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hetobeto
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2004 11:56:28 PM »

quote author=wherethewild link=topic=13708.msg113911#msg113911 date=1096753551]
Should we perhaps organise something? Can´t guarantee we´ll like each other  Wink but at least we can mutually commiserate the lack of crafting goods!

Hey, I'm up for it!  I've never visited Hamburg, so for me it could be a crafting-and-touristing type thing!  Where do we start?  Hahah!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The_Real_Kittygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2004 01:31:53 AM »

Hello German crafters!

Do you know any craft stores in Hamburg area?? I'm getting quite desperate, I'm going there this weekend, and it looks like I can't find any!  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wherethewild

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2004 12:30:04 PM »

hi kitty-girl

I haven´t been in this city long myself and so I haven´t had the chance to go exploring. A number of hobby/craft shops pops up in the yellow pages (http://www.gelbeseiten.de). Search for bastlerbedarf or handarbeiten if it´s more embroidery/quilting/knitting related that you´re after. You can get maps and stuff to show you how to get there (stadtplan). If you do find any that are good, be sure to let us know!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The_Real_Kittygirl
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2004 11:57:56 PM »

Ohh! Thank you so much for the link/help!! I found 21 stores!!! YAY!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2004 12:13:15 AM »

What kind of crafts are you looking for? Maybe I know some.
quote author=wherethewild link=topic=13708.msg113911#msg113911 date=1096753551]
I'm into it and I love to give sightseeing tours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:

personal swap friendly
minanina
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2004 06:02:04 AM »

Thank god there are more people in Hamburg who like to Craft. I thought I'm the only one. I always get a funny look when I tell people "Yes, I like to knit and I do it all the time"... One friends of mine started laughing so hard that he almost fell of the chair. I just realized that I have really nice friends  Smiley
So if you would like to start a Knitting-Group, I'm in...

I also agree with you guys, we have way to less craft-stores. There are some knitting-stores I like to go (example: www.purpurwolle.de, www.wolle-halle.de), one craft stores (www.kreativmarkt.com) or quilt shops (www.quilthouse.de), but still it's not enough, they are to small and they never got the things I need or want. You get some nice things on Ebay, but I don't like to order yarn, I like to feel it before I buy it.
If you are looking for general stuff I can recomend www.vbs-versand.de, they have a a lot of things and are cheaper than the stores.
So thank god they invented the Internet!  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2005 09:02:25 AM »

Hey!

I am german too. I live near Cologne.

Does anybody know about a german crafting-page?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
huskrkid
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2005 02:05:31 PM »

Hi!

I just found these boards last week. Shocked

I'm near Kaiserslautern & in desperate need of crafty places to shop.  I dabble in a lot of things: sewing, knitting, stamping, felting, lots of stuff.  I buy a lot of things online, but sure would love to find places to go & look & touch things.  I have found a couple of yarn stores in Kaiserslautern, but I sure would love to find a good place to get new paper/cardstock/stamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Angela
Crafty momma to a lil knitter & a lil knitting wannabe.
Smara
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2005 02:26:12 PM »

ich frag jetzt mal auf deutsch:

wo kaufst du denn so deine sachen online? deutsche seiten? wenn nicht, wie ist das mit der leiferung?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muchacha
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2005 12:02:27 PM »

wo kaufst du denn so deine sachen online? deutsche seiten? wenn nicht, wie ist das mit der leiferung?

Was für Sachen meinst du denn genau? Also ich beziehe viele kleinere Dinge über eBay  Tongue Sonst gibt es noch die günstigste Variante namens Flohmarkt (wenn du auf Stoff aus bist) oder Second-Hand-Laden. Etliches kaufe ich auch bei uns in Nürnberg, da gibts z.B. einen ganzen Perlen-Laden  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2005 04:22:45 AM »

naja, das war garnicht mal so speziell gemeint.
eher generell.
Ich find bei ebay sind die sachen mit porto usw doch recht teuer. Was kaufst du denn da alles so?
flohmärkte und second hand sind hier auf dem land sehr rar *g*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muchacha
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2005 09:13:47 AM »

Naja, es kommt halt ganz drauf an WAS du kaufen willst oder suchst Wink Da haste schon Recht. Bei eBay kaufe ich z.B. immer Ohrhaken für meinen Schmuck (siehe http://shop.pinkapple.de) im 10-er oder 30-er Pack, das kommt auch mit Porto noch viiel günstiger als wenn ich im Bastelladen jeden Ohrhaken einzeln kaufe Cheesy Auch Perlen gibt's in einigen eBay-Shops recht günstige, da zahlt man für einzelne auch mehr.
Hab vorhin mal im google-Verzeichnis bei Bastel-Onlineshops geguckt, da sind auch einige ganz gute dabei. www.megahobby.de hat z.B. ganz viele tolle Knöpfe! <3
Was bastelst du denn so?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2005 10:36:52 AM »

ich nähe eigentlich hauptsächlich.
aber ohrringe mach ich ab und zu auch Smiley
ich hab auch vor auf meiner seite einen onlineshop für handtaschen einzurichten und evtl welche bei ebay zu verkaufen. vielleicht hast du da noch ein paar tipps für mich Smiley

ich suche zB ganz dringend solche holz oder bambushenkel für taschen... die hab ich bisher nirgens gefunden...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javede
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2005 12:24:59 PM »

Ha, da kann ich auch mal helfen  Cheesy
Taschenhenkel gibt's hier. Aber die sind nicht gerade billig und wenn du die Taschen verkaufen willst, dann erhöht sich ja auch der Verkauspreis um einiges  Sad
Ansonsten hab ich mir aber auch letztens im Bastelladen Bambusringe(oder ist es Holz?) für 1,95€ gekauft. Die sind aber denke ich nicht ganz so stabil wie die im oben genannten Shop und online hab ich die auch noch nicht gefunden.
(sehen kannst du einen davon hier)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my knitting blog:

personal swap friendly
Muchacha
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2005 02:26:49 AM »

@Smara
Ja, also wenn du Fragen hast: frag  Grin Ich bin auch noch am Überlegen etwas von meinen Sachen bei eBay zu verkaufen... aber momentan fehlt mir für sowas einfach die Zeit. Leider läuft der Shop aber nicht ganz so gut wie erhofft, was wohl auch an der Werbung liegt  Undecided Sowas muss sich halt erstmal irgendwie rumsprechen.

@javede
Solche Bambus-Ringe hab ich mir vor Monaten auch mal im Bastelladen gekauft! Bei uns gab's die sogar in 2 verschiedenen Größen, beide dazu noch recht billig. Ich denk doch schonmal dass die recht stabil sind... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2005 05:54:14 AM »

@javede: hm, da sind die wirklich nicht gerade billig... hab ich schonmal günstigere bei ebay gesehen. da lohnt es sich ja schon fast ne billige tasche zu kaufen und die henkel abzuschneiden *g*
diese bambusringe ausm bastelladen hab ich auch. aber ich find die nicht wirklich schön. bisher hab ich die nur mit satinband umwickelt oder so...

@muchacha: mich interessiert vorallem ob du irgendwie ein gewerbe angemeldet hast oder die sachen sonst irgendwie versteuern musst? Hast du dir die website selbst gemacht und das shopsystem auch?
ich bin da noch am basteln an meiner seite Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muchacha
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2005 09:22:06 AM »

Mit dem Gewerbe anmelden wollte ich erstmal 4-5 Wochen warten, ob das "Geschäft" überhaupt so läuft wie ich mir das vorstelle. Weil bevor ich mir da den Stress mache, ein Gewerbe anmelde und am Ende sogut wie nichts verkaufe, warte ich doch lieber erstmal ein bisschen ab Wink
Natürlich wäre es eigentlich Pflicht sofort alles was ich irgendwie verkaufe zu versteuern. Aber a) ist's ja bis jetzt nur ein Mini-Onlineshop und b) will ich wie gesagt noch ein bissi abwarten...

Die Website (www.pinkapple.de?) hab ich komplett selbst erstellt, mit Dreamweaver, einem Editor etc. Für den Shop hab ich dagegen so ein kleines altes Shopprogramm rausgekramt (nennt sich der WISO Webshop) und da alles schön eingetragen. Damit geht alles viiiel schneller und einfacher (obwohl der erste Anfang trotzdem viiel Zeit in Anspruch nimmt..) und ich musste am Ende nur noch den CSS-Code an meine HP anpassen Smiley
Uii, da bin ich ja schon auf deine Werke gespannt...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2005 09:40:01 AM »

ich denke ich werd auch erstmal warten mit dem gewerbe. da ist wie gesagt die sache mit der werbung... ich hab mir auch überlegt mal passende läden in dr stadt anzusprechen und zu fragen ob die meine taschen verkaufen möchten. hab aber noch keinen plan wie ich das angehen soll...

mein freund hilft mir da viel mit meiner seite. mach ich auch viel mit dreamweaver usw. nur im moment hab ich so wenig zeit dafür... ob ich nen richtigen shop mache weiß ich noch nicht. vielleicht auch nur so ne art liste mit fotos und preis usw...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muchacha
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2005 08:00:12 AM »

Jaa, mit dem Gedanken hab ich auch schon gespielt. Einfach direkt Leute ansprechen die einen Laden in der Art besitzen... aber irgendwie komm ich mir bei dem Gedanken daran blöde vor *G* Denn wirklich professionell betreibe ich das Nähen/Basteln/Handwerken ja nicht, sondern nur als Hobby.
Neja, mal sehen wie das so weiterläuft...

Ich hab auch wenig Zeit einen neuen Shop zu basteln.. der Jetzige is auch noch nicht so ganz ausgereift :/ Es kommt halt drauf an.. ich hatte ganz zu Beginn ca. 50 Artikel, und da ist es echt leichter die einfach in ein Shopsystem aufzunehmen als extra was zu programmieren oder einfach eine Site zu schreiben. Bei 10 Artikeln hat man natürlich mehr Möglichkeiten Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2005 09:00:12 AM »

ich muss mal gucken dass ich jetzt in die pötte komme mit taschen nähen und seite fertig machen...
und dann weeeerbung Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mühe
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2005 01:27:11 AM »

@smara:

Ich weiß nicht, ob die Themen noch aktuell sind - deutsche Links sind z.B.

www.hobbyschneiderin.net
www.iniatiative-handarbeit.de

Wenn Du Dich bei der "Hobbyschneiderin" durchklickst, findest Du auch jede Menge Links zu Online-Shops.

Wegen Materialbeschaffung gibt es seit einiger Zeit holländische Stoffmärkte, z.B. in Oberhausen, Dortmund, Leverkusen. Ich war selbst noch nicht da, der Schwerpunkt liegt aber wohl eher auf Kinderstoffen (also sehr bunt...).
www.stoffmarktholland.de

Taschenhenkel gibt es von PRYM für 8-9 Euro das Paar, die sollte man eigentlich in vielen Stoff- oder Bastelgeschäften bekommen, es nähen ja mittlerweile viele Leute Taschen.

Viele Grüße aus Bonn!

(Darf man hier eigentlich in Deutsch posten??)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2005 05:08:01 AM »

oh schade der stoffmarkt in dortmund war schon...
aber ich wohn garnicht so weit von holland weg. wenn die holländischen märkte so gut sind... wo kann man da am besten hin? venlo?

danke auch für die anderen links, aber die kannt ich schon Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mühe
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2005 09:42:30 AM »

Schau mal unter www.sancho.nl, da gibt es eine Übersicht über die Wochenmärkte in Holland, auf denen auch Stoffe angeboten werden. Solltest Du nach Venlo fahren, kannst Du ja mal berichten - ich war da früher immer mit meinen Eltern einkaufen :-).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Smara
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2005 12:21:41 PM »

hm schade... der in venlo war letzte woche...
muss ich bis zum näüchsten mal warten in ein paar monaten Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spelf
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2005 07:23:57 AM »

Hi!

I'm from belgium, but I go to Aachen and Dusseldorf and heinsberg quite often, and was wonering if anyone knows any good stores there?

thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh I feel so delightfully white trash! Mommy, I want a mullet!

www.myspace.com/spelf
mühe
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2005 01:48:23 AM »

@smara
Es gibt in Venlo auch noch den "normalen" Wochenmarkt, auf dem auch Stoffe und Zubehör verkauft werden (schau nochmal bei sancho nach "Markten per Dag", ich glaube Samstag). Ich weiß aber nicht, ob es sich lohnt, extra deswegen hinzufahren.

@spelf
Sorry, I can't give you some hints myself. But if you know a little German, take a look at www.hobbyschneiderin.net. At least the admin is from Aachen, as I know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twotwentysix
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2005 09:30:21 AM »

bin auch aus Deutschland: Münster/Frankfurt... je nach dem, pendel einmal im Monat.
für Wolle kann ich übrigens http://www.schoppel-wolle.de/ nur empfehlen, die sind super nett und haben ganz tolle Wolle in super Qualität!
LG
Kathy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tinker-Tinka
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2005 11:18:02 AM »

Hey!

Auch, wenn hier schon länger nix mehr geschrieben wurde, häng ich mich mal dran...

Bin auch aus Deutschland, wohne in Essen (Ruhrgebiet).

Irgendwer hat nach dt. Handarbeitsseiten gefragt... kennt Ihr www.natronundsoda.net ??
Coole Seite, sehr tolle Community Smiley

Ich selbst nähe und bastle hauptsächlich und hab momentan einen totalen "bunt"- Tick.

Liebe Grüße,
Charly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Miihamara
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2011 12:46:29 PM »

I live in germany too, in Dortmund to be exact.
I have lived in germany for over 5 years and I still don't know where I can find stuff.

// Ida
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nähkeks
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2011 05:53:34 AM »

Hi,
just wanted to say "hello!". I'm from Germany (near Frankfurt) as well.
Craftster is great.
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BelleBeryl
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011 11:38:06 AM »

sometimes I visit Germany for short holiday and  a great shop to buy online is www.creativ-discount.de   Smiley Smiley
and for the persons interested in embroidery www.sewandso.co.uk/   Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ZombieLili
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2012 05:21:37 AM »

Jetzt komm ich mir richtig doof vor, dass ich diese Rubrik im Forum nie gesehen hab...
Die letzte Antwort ist schon Monate her, aber kann ja nicht schaden hier mal reinzuschreiben. Ich wohne in der Nähe von Mannheim/Ludwigshafen. In der Stadt in der ich wohne gibt es nicht einen einzigen richtigen Bastelladen, aber so gebe ich auch wenigstens nicht soviel Geld aus :p
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smallhold
« Reply #47 on: February 18, 2013 03:00:54 AM »

Hello all, from april till end november I live in the Altmark. Craftshop deprived area but  enough time to craft a lot. No internet there sadly but reactions before april will be seen Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hi, my name is Smallhold and I compulsively collect looms."
"Hi Smallhold."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeffrey Deever Talks About How He Became an Author
Jeffrey Deever Talks About New Book XO
How to Maintain Your Diet During the Summer
Chuck Thompson on College Football in the South
David Maraniss on the Untold Story of Barack Obama
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...