A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,308
Currently Running With Scissors:
538 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: beautiful glowing skin  (Read 4559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ladyy_x
« on: September 23, 2004 08:53:36 PM »

hi. i'm a 13 year old asian girl and i want glowing skin! you know, the type of skin most chinese/japanese girls have. any suggestions? does whitening masks work??? i need suggestions on really good exfoliator too! thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rainbowmeow
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004 08:57:30 PM »

I used St. Ives apricot scrub.  Its really good for getting dead junk off.  Maybe use it a lot the first few weeks, then use a cream cleanser daily, using the exfoiliator only once a week, so you don't dry out your skin.  Also, a toner helps.  It's supposed to even out your skin.  If these don't work right away, jsut keep with it, sometimes it takes a few weeks to get your skin used to something new.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004 09:20:20 PM »

I absolutly agree with the St. Ives, I like that ones that is medicated.  Use it maybe for a week staight then just once or twice a week after that. When you wash your face daily mix a tablespoon or so of baking soda into your liquid cleanser & use that. Your sknin will be very smooth in no time. Also as is posted on here somewhere, belive it or not white glue(elmers) is great for removing black heads... smear on a thin layer let dry very well & peel off do this 2 or 3 days in a row  then maybe once a week.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
booglass
Coin Operated Crafter

I made a hell of a lot of crafts to get here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2004 10:30:05 AM »

I still use St. Ives at 32!  I have tried lots of super spendy lines and they were a waste of money to me.  I have found that with some exceptions what you can buy at your local drugstore works just as well.  One great trick for great skin is steaming your face.  I have always used Swiss Kriss not the tablet but the tea stuff and yes its an herbal laxative but it is great.  Or use lavender or chamomile tea.  Just boil a pan of water, toss a towel over your head and hover over the pot for 10 minutes or as long as you can last.

Boo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ladyy_x
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2004 06:01:07 PM »

thanks for the help. i tryed the glue thing for three days and its not really working. i guess i'll stick to the pore strips. lol. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bambina
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004 05:36:10 PM »

Ok, this is the second time I have typed this, I got the end and then I had to re-login Angry.

So, this will be a condensed version!!

You need to really take care of your skin, and establish a good regime.
This will include, cleansing, toning, moisturing, exfoliating and using a mask. You can also use a steamer on your face when doing mini facials (if you want to!)
Cleansers - you are best to buy these. Make sure that it is suited to your skin type and use it once in the morning and in the evening, before going to bed.
Toners - these remove excess cleanser and are used before moisturising.
Moisturiser - you can spend less on some beauty items, but I recommend spending a little more on a moisturiser that works for you. Don't obviously jump in and buy the first one that comes to hand, ask for samples, try them out, until you find one that is good for your.

Exfoliating
You could use salt or sugar, but personally,I think these are more suited to the body as they are quite abrasive. I prefer oatmeal for the face. You can mix this with either a small amount of milk or honey, or both if you're feeling flush Smiley
Rub on, give a good little massage and then rinse off. Do 2x weekly.

Masks
A good one to use is mushed up papaya as this contains papain. Papain works like a little 'pacman' and eats all the dead skin cells.
You should put this on and leave it for 5-10 mins. Like the exfoliant, use 2x weekly.

You can also give yourself a mini facial. You can use a steamer or, if you don't have one, fill a bowl with hot water and put a towel over your head - not the most attractive, but it gets the job done!

The procedure should be...

cleanse
steam for 3-5 mins
exfoliate
massage a vegetable (e.g. grapeseed) oil into the skin (NEVER use a mineral oil (johnsons baby oil in an example of a mineral oil) as these just sit on the skin and cause the pores to block). Really massage it in as massage increases the blood circulation which will increased the food an oxygen getting to the skins surface, in turn making it glow!
use your mask, for about 5-10 mins
tone
and, finally, moisturise

Hope you get on ok with your new regime!

Linzi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
scissorhands
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005 08:22:07 AM »

Hi, when you mention "whitening masks" do you mean a face mask that would actually remove some of the colour from your skin, leaving you with a lighter skin tone?
If you do, i really would NOT recommend this! I really, really wouldn't. All sorts of things could go wrong with that sort of thing i.e. you could be left with a patchy skin tone. I am sure that your skin will get the glow you would like if you follow the advice of the lovely ladies above.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dead artists draw flies
lutheranchick
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005 08:42:07 AM »

Physical exercise, like walking, running, or biking, is actually great for your skin. It increases your circulation. And don't flog your skin too hard, or you will have raw, irritated, glowing-with-pain skin.  So don't try to use a facial scrub every day, and stop doing anything that makes your skin feel flushed. A washcloth is enough exfoliation for some folks.  Don't scrub too hard, or you'll give yourself wrinkles.
     Remember, if someone's skin looks absolutely perfect and satiny, there is usually one reason-- MAKEUP.  A little liquid foundation in the right color (can be hard to find for Asian women, so you might go to a makeup counter for a recommendation) applied with a wedge sponge applicator, along with a touch of blush makes you look healthy, glowing, and "natural."
    And don't use those bleaching creams! They not only hurt your skin, they give you an inadvertantly hilarious "neckline" where your natural skin-tone begins.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
fl_mariposa
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2005 09:56:59 AM »

Also, get lots of omega vitamins, by eating fish or taking an actual vitamin. They're supposedly Jlo's secret to her fantabulous skin!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
erindezeeuw

How am I not myself?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2005 10:39:55 AM »

From what I know of St. Ives, it feels really good, and you can tell it's working. But that may be because they don't make the little seed bits perfectly circular, which can actually cause damage to your face. I would go with Origins  Never a Dull Moment - it has the seed bits but they're circular, and the fruit enzymes actually help renew your skin. I've seen it do wonders. (I used to work for Origins, but have tried just about everthing, and this particular Origins product is as good as they say!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

This may be for sale on my etsy:
creme-tangerine

myspace

How am I not myself?
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Encore: Basic Menu Functionality Lesson 4
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 2
How to Design Custom Menus in Adobe Encore Lesson 4
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 3
How to Get Started in Adobe Flash Lesson 1
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding
Spotlight on: Smoothies with Recipe Goodness
Pamper Yourself!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...