A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,763
Currently Running With Scissors:
514 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gift wrapping ideas?  (Read 9124 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennybean
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007 06:48:16 PM »

i love these ideas! anyone have pictures?
i put my mom's document duvets in a duvet-shaped envelope made from a holiday-themed grocery bag. i covered the name of the store using a scrap of red fabric and then glittered it to cover up the raw edges. then i glittered her name too, because, well, is there such a thing as too much glitter?

yeah, and some sequins and sparkly trim (reusable!) on there, too! i can't get enough sparkly!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aimee_ant123
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2007 03:28:23 PM »

not anything too brilliant but ive used those paint color samples you get from lowes/home depot paint department to decorate my gifts before... they turned out cute...

i like using these as the name tags!

HA!!! you know ive used them to decorate the outsides and it never once occured to me to use them as tags!! you'd think that would be the obvious use for them right? lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
seasecrets
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2007 09:06:02 PM »

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2236/2093578533_acc3d20137.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2315/2093578001_908fa3e908.jpg

i wrapped these gifts with pages from the anthropologie catalog Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blueice
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2007 11:38:33 PM »

I'm using fabric this year.  I'll make little bags with my Christmas fabric stash.   I got several metres of Christmas fabric 50% off -these I will overlock (serger) and use to wrap, a crochet star attached to large pin to close the parcel, also ribbon or cord depending on the parcel.
I love the idea of using a photo of the recipient - I'll try and work that in as well...
There have been such great ideas on this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

endlessly_intricate
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2007 01:20:11 AM »

Hmm, this isn't really a wrapping idea, more of a packaging idea, but I've been known to wrap a present and then put it inside a different box and then wrap that up.  For instance, last year I bought my boyfriend the videogame he was dying for, wrapped it up, then went out and bought a Candy Land board game (my fav)  I very carefully slit the shrink wrap, opened it up and put the wrapped game inside.  Then carefully put the shrinkwrap back on with a tiny sliver of tape and wrapped that up.  ha.  It took me a while to convince him to play Candy Land, but when he finally did, he got his game!  He was so surprised! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennybean
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2007 10:33:58 AM »

Hmm, this isn't really a wrapping idea, more of a packaging idea, but I've been known to wrap a present and then put it inside a different box and then wrap that up.  For instance, last year I bought my boyfriend the videogame he was dying for, wrapped it up, then went out and bought a Candy Land board game (my fav)  I very carefully slit the shrink wrap, opened it up and put the wrapped game inside.  Then carefully put the shrinkwrap back on with a tiny sliver of tape and wrapped that up.  ha.  It took me a while to convince him to play Candy Land, but when he finally did, he got his game!  He was so surprised! 

that's awesome
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sirloin Steak and Asparagus Stir Fry Recipe
Ramen Noodle Stir-Fry
How to Make Simple Fried Rice
How to Make Sticky Rice and Eggs with Jalapenos
How to Make Asian Buffalo Wings
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...