A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 309,611
Currently Running With Scissors:
523 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need ideas for my dad, my sister and one of my friends!  (Read 583 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Pinkaholic

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006 10:24:57 AM »

Hiya

I need ideas for what to give people for christmas!

My dad- He's a journalist, loves cricket, beer (he's no alcoholic though Roll Eyes ) , running... And european politics. He's got a good sense of humour too!

My sister- she's 16, and she her style is kind of classic indie (ish). She likes shopping, clothes and clothes, and I'm really at a loss for what to make her!

And one of my friends- She is addicted to fruits basket (Japanese cartoon), little trinkets, cute quotes...

If any of you could help me that would be great!
I can knit (but not very well- I can't do cables and things like that) and sew (clothes and bags as well as embroidery). I can also do other crafts like scrapbooking, ATC's ect.

Thanks again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love me for who I am
bribee
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006 04:47:20 AM »

Maybe you could make your dad one of those journalist notebook things.  I don't know what they're called.  You could decopage a cover or if that's too childish, you could just deisgn a new cover. 

I don't know about your sister, she seems like she'd be hard to get her something that she actually likes.  I would say you could sew her a big canvas tote bag.  (That's what I carry my school stuff in)  You could paint/silk screen her name or a logo or such on it.  You could sew a bunch of pockets inside (pockets=love) Maybe you could make her a mini scrapbook and stick it in one of the pockets?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
innocentpeace143
Crafty fiend and Future Navy Wife

Oh the possibilities!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006 10:13:30 AM »

You could always make mix cd's for your sister or a collage of pictures of bands/celebs/friends/family you know she likes. If you make it on a piece of printer paper sized paper it will fit into the front cover of a school binder so she can show it off.

For your friend, I dont know if it would work well, but you could sew little felt versions of the cartoon charactors for her. Or maybe, get a small notebook and put some quotes you really like in it with a little note telling her that they are quotes you like and encouraging her to add her own.

And for your dad, (dads are always so hard! lol) What about taking a picture of you and your sister (or just photoshopping pictures of each of you so they make one) and making a cute frame to put it in for his desk? Maybe something along those lines...

Good Luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist upon a star!
talmina
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006 05:10:50 PM »

For your dad, what about taking a pic of you and your sister, witing up a cute article about how much you guys love him and how cool he is, and photoshop it all together, print it out and frame it for him.   A friend and I did it for a friends birthday one year about these mini wheelie bins she was obessed with.

For your sister, start with a mix cd of old school indie stuff, then make her a cool messenger bag, try to use recycled fabric, maybe head to the thrift store and buy some funky shirts or something and do patchwork with them.

For your friend, do a shirt with fruits basket stuff on it, or a messenger bag with the characters appliqued on it and definately start her a quote book, in a handmade journal of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What is Facial Recognition?
How Much Zoom Do I Need?
What is the Aspect Ratio setting on a Digital Cam?
In choosing a Digital Camera do Megapixels matter?
High Resolution Photography Part 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...