A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 303,108
Currently Running With Scissors:
712 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need ideas for my dad, my sister and one of my friends!  (Read 630 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists

I <3 shiny things

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2006 10:24:57 AM »

I need ideas for what to give people for christmas!

My dad- He's a journalist, loves cricket, beer (he's no alcoholic though Roll Eyes ) , running... And european politics. He's got a good sense of humour too!

My sister- she's 16, and she her style is kind of classic indie (ish). She likes shopping, clothes and clothes, and I'm really at a loss for what to make her!

And one of my friends- She is addicted to fruits basket (Japanese cartoon), little trinkets, cute quotes...

If any of you could help me that would be great!
I can knit (but not very well- I can't do cables and things like that) and sew (clothes and bags as well as embroidery). I can also do other crafts like scrapbooking, ATC's ect.

Thanks again.

Love me for who I am
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006 04:47:20 AM »

Maybe you could make your dad one of those journalist notebook things.  I don't know what they're called.  You could decopage a cover or if that's too childish, you could just deisgn a new cover. 

I don't know about your sister, she seems like she'd be hard to get her something that she actually likes.  I would say you could sew her a big canvas tote bag.  (That's what I carry my school stuff in)  You could paint/silk screen her name or a logo or such on it.  You could sew a bunch of pockets inside (pockets=love) Maybe you could make her a mini scrapbook and stick it in one of the pockets?

Crafty fiend and Future Navy Wife

Oh the possibilities!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2006 10:13:30 AM »

You could always make mix cd's for your sister or a collage of pictures of bands/celebs/friends/family you know she likes. If you make it on a piece of printer paper sized paper it will fit into the front cover of a school binder so she can show it off.

For your friend, I dont know if it would work well, but you could sew little felt versions of the cartoon charactors for her. Or maybe, get a small notebook and put some quotes you really like in it with a little note telling her that they are quotes you like and encouraging her to add her own.

And for your dad, (dads are always so hard! lol) What about taking a picture of you and your sister (or just photoshopping pictures of each of you so they make one) and making a cute frame to put it in for his desk? Maybe something along those lines...

Good Luck!

Wist upon a star!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006 05:10:50 PM »

For your dad, what about taking a pic of you and your sister, witing up a cute article about how much you guys love him and how cool he is, and photoshop it all together, print it out and frame it for him.   A friend and I did it for a friends birthday one year about these mini wheelie bins she was obessed with.

For your sister, start with a mix cd of old school indie stuff, then make her a cool messenger bag, try to use recycled fabric, maybe head to the thrift store and buy some funky shirts or something and do patchwork with them.

For your friend, do a shirt with fruits basket stuff on it, or a messenger bag with the characters appliqued on it and definately start her a quote book, in a handmade journal of course.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Bread Tomatoes when Making Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Onion Tomato Ragu to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Preserved Lemons to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Ricotta Salata to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
How to Make Aioli to Garnish Fried Green Tomatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Precious Metal Clay
@Home This Weekend: Clever Containers for Cuttings
September 30, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...