A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Rasterbation/wall art  (Read 3209 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2006 10:38:47 PM »

I made a HUGE rasterbated image of my b/f's face for my room.  We have been together for over 2 years, and we're now in a long distance relationship while I get my masters.  When he came up to visit me, and saw the picture, he was very surprised Smiley

It takes up a lot of a wall in my room.  Enjoy
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010 01:42:06 PM by pixieval - Reason: revealed image » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
fallopiano
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006 10:48:56 PM »

i love it Smiley i printed out one for my room but havent put it on the wall yet. can you tell me how you did yours? where you bought the supplies?

thanx
x3
Jen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uradelight
Off to save the world

Love, Like Death, Changes Everything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006 11:06:32 PM »

Thanks!

Basically, I printed out 30 pgs (I think, it's been awhile).  But, I had to cut it down b/c I didn't like the white outline that was around each piece.  I also took a few of the bottom sheets out, so I think it is just 25 sheets now.  I basically just printed it out, taped all the pages together (in the back) and used very small nails to hammer the top into the wall.  Pretty simple and fun decoration.  I was thinking of making some sort of big frame to put around it but I'm not quite sure how to do that.  I'm crafting lots of stuff for x-mas right now so it will probably have to wait till after the holidays.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If my survival caused another to perish, then death would be sweeter and more beloved.
~Kahlil Gibran

Will swap and sew for DIY kits!

http://www.wists.com/uradelight
myownme
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006 03:18:47 PM »

That would be a shocker seeing your face! I like it!I did the long distance relationship for a year and I sure could have used something like that. I just rasterbated today. I might take a picture and put it up later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
courtlet
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006 06:43:31 PM »

Ok, I have done a couple rasterbations but haven't had the time to print them... A friend of mine tried and printed his but he said the dots seemed really course and not well defined. Is this normal with rasterbations? Or should the dots be smooth and well defined/rounded? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
daretowear
Why isn't there a special name for the tops of your feet?

beat drums - beat drums ahhhhhh!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007 11:33:00 PM »

The dots can be smooth and well rounded if you try using a smaller dot size like 7mm---a smaller dot size can make smaller pictures more clear.  Bigger dot sizes work best for huge posters like 60+ pages! I don't know if this helps or if it'll be one of those "well duh!" remarks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I always wanted to be somebody, I guess I should've been more specific."  ~Lily Tomlin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Snow Crab Legs
Bacon Wrapped Scallops
Chili Honey Short Ribs
Homemade Chili Recipe
Cheeseburger Meatloaf Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...