A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,360
Currently Running With Scissors:
610 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap 17 Gallery  (Read 26677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Grieney

rambunctiously soft-spoken

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006 06:42:16 AM »

Okay, reposted from the swap thread, here's the fabric that I got from Miss Mermaid:

She's obviously an Elvis fan! Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes, my parents know that I'm a hooker

Wist : Blog : Etsy :
lamamarco
Lauren :)

sewing IS love.

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006 10:12:53 AM »

I received from Sanditerese a couple of days ago, it's been all dark and cloudy here for the last few days, right Sandi?

So this is the best light I  could get... On to the pictures, haha. She sent me a bunch of handmade envelopes. There are even some with designs on them, I love the yellow polka dots! Smiley They are so perfectly made as well, how did you get your cuts so perfect?

Thanks Sandi! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2006 02:47:28 PM »

The past week has been pretty rough for me - I have been slaving and stumbling all over a blanket that was due on Monday (and is not done yet but *should* be by tonight...) and fighting a super nasty cold all week long - 3 out of 4 of us have been really sick.  My oldest son has been spared somehow - although I am thinking he was our typhoid Mary....

Anyhooo.... I feel like a heel since I haven't sent out my packages yet but will next week..

and I got 2 amazing packages from extremely generous craftsters here... which really made a rough week a much happier week for me...

I will post up pics in two different messages since I don't want to overshadow either of them since I am in awe of both packages..

First received this week was from a brand new swapper... and I was picked for a fort for my kids... SS9901 really really outdid herself!
She sent some awesome deep purpley wine color fabric and a bunch of really cool buttons that I totally forgot to take pics of but will and I will modify in a bit..

Here are some shots - I am thinking this is too cool to keep from my kids until Xmas but it is too cool to not keep them from it..

Check out the cool windows on this bivouac... this is just amazing.. two sides - kind of cami  fabric on one side that is sooooo soft and really cool fabric on the other side. It fits my card table perfectly and yes I have been pleading for another one so my kids can have wars with each other!

I never dreamed that this would have been picked off my list and it was an awesome thing to receive.  This is just incredible!

Thank you (and your mom!) sooooo much and name your swappage and I will be there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2006 03:05:31 PM »

Okay... I also got a package today that took my breath away - and there is a second box in transit to accompany this one!

To start off with XladyluckX has the nicest penmanship - I didn't want to rip up the wrapping on the box.  If you ever get a package from her check it out... just gorgeous..

okay and she did warn me that she was going to spoil me rotten and that is just an understatement. I would have posted a pic of her gorgeous writing but it would have been my address and I think most of you would be trying to break in when I wasn't looking to get ahold of this package  Wink

Here goes..
a pattern for making purses - and very cool ones at that..
and a book called sew easy bags
and the stupid sock creatures book
and a bunch of zippers
and a bunch of really cool fabric - check out the women and the rockets - the others are sooo cool too.  I can't wait to get to using these - this weekend!

but wait there's more..
a really cool vintage book on sewing.  It is a binder and is just packed full of how tos for this novice!
and a dog stocking with a double sided snuggle blanket for Buster
and two presents - one for each of my boys - to open on Xmas (more pics to come!!)
and a really cool plastic sewing box crammed full of big cool buttons and velcro and all sorts of nifty sewing tidbits...

There is another box in transit with a pinata in it.. Logan turns 6 on Jan 1st and he wants a party with his classmates so we are going to send out invitations next week for his party - probably the 2nd week in January. .... I will post action shots when the kids bust that rocket open!!

This has been a stressful, sicknessfilled yet awesome mail week for me.  Out of all the weeks that things could have arrived I could not have asked for a better time - when you are feeling cruddy it is nice to get cheering...

okay... pics!!!

That's one of the fleeces on the dog blanket!  Such cool robots - oh and the wrapping paper for the boys' gifts?  Robots!

That's how it was all wrapped up - I had to pm her to see if I should wait till xmas or unwrap now! 

Okay. I am done gushing... now to go back to being a mommy. Collin needs more medicine.. so do I for that matter and Logan needs to be given something to do... he is getting faaaaar too rowdy!

I can not thank xladyluckx enough for the mega package..
and I can't thank SS9901 enough for the amazing fort.  Even my husband was speechless when he saw the fort!!!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006 03:09:08 PM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2006 03:16:06 PM »

wow, you got some really cool stuff! Hope you guys get better soon, so you can really enjoy it all Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006 04:15:09 PM »

oh my gawd Deb that is one awesome package, well two actually.
that fort is so cool I love the fabrics and your stash from xxladyluckxx is beyond words.
such a great swapage.

I have been and will be sending you loving healthy thoughts for speedy recoevery for all in your house.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006 06:17:03 PM »

craftydeb - wow oh wow! that is an amazing package!! i'm green with envy right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006 07:54:19 PM »

xladyluckx really spoiled me rotten - a bit of a personal swap in there too I believe - we both have been stockpiling and searching for things for each other.  I can't wait to get her package out - that is going to be a back breaker for the mailman too if I can help it!  I have several things mapped out already that have been started that need to be done up....

On the flipside.. come January when I get to come up for air from this designing spree work has me on then I am going to be a purse making fool... and sock creature making fool... and loving it... and spreading the joy.. what goes in to the craft room... must come out of the craft room - which means it gets sent all over the world. I am so excited to learn some new stuff!

Okay.  I am off to bed.  I am just beat.  I am STILL not done with the infamous blanket.  I have been working on fringe for almost 3 hours.  I have one more side to go... an hour a fringing side roughly... I have seen a few errors in the sewing up of motifs so I will be fixing them before I package it up.. It will be out of this house by 3 tomorrow.. my goal... I am sticking to it.  (dang perfectionism.  I look for the errors and am compelled to fix them.. I can't help it!!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
xladyluckx
Hiatus over...back to crafting.

woo woo!

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006 06:24:04 PM »

Duh...there it all is! I was PMing Deb earlier asking her is she opened everything yet. Should have looked here first!! Smiley  So glad you liked everything...you are the best and most heartful (is that a word) crafter and you deserve it!  And you have unconditionally been shopping for me all summer! Love ya Deb!!

AND THAT FORT?!?!?! When i saw her claim you, i was wondering what the heck you were asking for....now i see....I am going to show my mom this pic and ask her why she never built on of those for me. I am too big now for a card table, but maybe one would fit on my dining room table? I want a fort!
That needs to be in the featured projects for sure! Impressive!

off to do more stuff.....i love the wish swap more than chocolate cake.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006 07:39:07 PM »

you might be too big for the fort over the card table but did you see the teepee in the butterick patterns?  I am seriously thinking of getting it - I should have when at Hancocks today (totally unfruitful trip there.  I am now convinced that my hancocks just stinks.  I am going to look at some of the boutiquey fabric stores. I think we have one or two in town...

teepee

I think you would fit comfortably in that one.. have your own little hideaway....

I still can't get over that you used the robot fleece for Buster's snuggly!  I feel more than honored - I hardly want to give it to him but I know it was made to be used and loved so he is going to get it asap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Extreme Website Makeover - Identifying Ways to Improve a Website
Extreme Website Makeover - Project File Overview
Extreme Website Makeover - Introduction and Project Background
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Use the Patch Tool
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Create Textures and Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fabric Boxes
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...