A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
699 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2006 Birthday Swap - *MOVED TO CLOSED SWAPS*  (Read 6477 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2006 10:36:15 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO IN.

NEW RULES: In order to comply with the new swap rules, ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE.  In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift.  Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally".  Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail.  PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes.  Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send.  Negative feedback will also be given to those who don't send a thank you note. Please read below for the exact details.  They are in BOLD.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: December 2006 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: jesintexas--I AM NOT A DECEMBER BABE (organizers may change every month)
FOR POSTING BRITHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range: 12/01/06-12/20/06
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: 12/1/06-12/31/06
Date to send item by: 2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): no!
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? all ages! (need parent's permission if under 16)
Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in December, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once I PM you and let you know you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.  Please try to have a good mix of items on your list.  The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in December for you to craft for someone.   If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - when you get chosen, you must choose a fellow December babe to send a birthday wish to before 12/31/2006.  You must also send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.  Failure to do either of these things will result in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  When you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  When you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  We need to respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see that you have been chosen and what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

Original idea thread and discussion located here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68058.0

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can post on the link above, or send me a PM with "December 2006 Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to POST A LIST FOR YOUR DECEMBER B-DAY, you must send the following information to the organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- December 2006 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Your Birthday:
Did you read the rules carefully?
Do you understand that after someone chooses to fulfill one of your wishes,   you are required to choose a wish of a fellow December babe to fulfill before 12/31/06?
Do you understand that you are required to send a thank you note (via snail mail) to whomever sends to you within 2 weeks of receiving?

If you want to SEND TO A CRAFTSTER BIRTHDAY, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- December 2006 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already an December birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE. PLEASE PUT "DECEMBER 2006 BIRTHDAY MONTH SWAP" (OR SOMETHING SIMILAR) IN ALL PM's!!

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

THE GALLERY (where you all will post pics of everything you get!):

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=138116.0
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 07:03:07 AM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jesintexas

a very large poodle, indeed...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006 10:46:00 AM »

DECEMBER BIRTHDAY BABES - in alphabetical order

chosen at least once
chosen more than once

FEEDBACK

Positive
Negative

Banga - Dec 24
Crafterbynite - Dec 28
GatsbyGirl - Dec 2
hokiekate - Dec 15
kitschkween - Dec 15
meganxelizabeth - Dec 4
mint - Dec 9
millik - Dec 7
msalowishus - Dec 24
OriginalYouth - Dec 21
piratecore - Dec 25
raina.storms - Dec 31
rosered - Dec 28
sanditerese - Dec 28
vampirebunny - Dec 24
yellowblanket - Dec 24
Zelda.Suicide - Dec 23

Non-December Birthday Craftsters Who Want To Make Your Month Special

naelany   Kiss
devilninny
  Kiss
jesintexas    Wink
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back   Kiss
loudgrrl4_ever   Kiss
BklynGal
   Kiss
alwaysinmyroom   Kiss

Who is Crafting for Whom

• jesintexas is sending Zelda.Suicide a black panta --- Send by Jan 2
  • msalowishus is sending yellowblanket a crocheted hat --- Addtional time requested

SENT PACKAGES - WOOHOO!
  • Banga is sending vampirebunny a surprise --- SENT
  • mint is sending vampirebunny a bag --- SENT
  • raina.storms is sending vampirebunny random American stuff --- SENT
  • alwaysinmyroom is sending msalowishus stitch markers & a surprise --- SENT
  • inle_rah is sending Crafterbynite a knitted bag --- SENT

THANK YOU NOTES: NEEDED OR SENT
  • Banga is sending meganxelizabeth some hair pins & something European themed --- SENT
  • OriginalYouth is sending Crafterbynite art --- Thank you note needed
  • loudgrll4_ever is sending yellowblanket a panta --- SENT
  • GatsbyGirl is sending piratecore a pendant --- Thank you note needed
  • millik is sending hokiekate something knitted --- Thank you note needed
  • rosered is sending millik some zines ---  Thank you note needed
  • Zelda.Suicide is sending kitschkween a boppy cover --- Thank you note needed
  • yellowblanket is sending hokiekate something knitted --- Thank you note needed
  • vampirebunny is sending hokiekate a wisty surprise --- SENT
  • BklynGal is sending sanditerese yarn and beads --- Thank you note needed
  • rosered is sending Banga supplies for scarpbooking/ card making --- Thank you note needed
  • rosered is sending piratecore a pirate themed notebook --- Thank you note needed
  • piratecore is sending meganxelizabeth jewelry --- Thank you note needed
  • mint is sending GatsbyGirl a long scarf --- Thank you note needed
  • kitschkween is sending sanditerese scrapbooking supplies --- Thank you note needed

COMPLETED

• GatsbyGirl is sending sanditerese baby items --- RECD
  • sanditerese is sending mint a scarf --- RECD
  • OriginalYouth is sending raina.storms ATC papers --- RECD
  • devilninny is sending OriginalYouth address labels --- RECD
  • Crafterbynite is sending rosered shrinky dink material --- RECD
  • meganxelizabeth is sending OriginalYouth a crocheted beanie --- RECD
  • meganxelizabeth is sending mint a crochet crown --- RECD
  • hokiekate is sending rosered anything to help her learn to crochet & a pencil case --- RECD
  • piratecore is sending Banga a learn to knit with a mini magic yarn ball kit --- RECD
  • naelany is sending OriginalYouth a panta & a surprise --- RECD
  • hokiekate is sending millik a monster stuffy --- RECD
  • Miss Mermaid Strikes Back is sending raina.storms crochet hooks & shrinky dink sheets --- RECD

Please let me know if there is incorrect information in any of the above lists.  I really appreciate the help. Let's make this a great swap!  Grin
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007 09:01:10 PM by jesintexas » THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006 10:58:55 AM »

Wow, I'm first!
Okay Peeps, this b-day is a HARD one for me, It's the big 3-0!!!! Yup, officially, I am old!  My b-day is Dec. 21st and I am super excited about this swap because 1) Being a Christmas baby, my b-day usually gets overlooked 2) I have angeled/sent unconditionally at least 5x, so this swap allows for crafty karma to kick in!!! Woohoo!

Here are my big wishes:
-A necktie/corset belt: LIKE THIS ONE! It's SOoooooo Cool!
-Stenciled tees: Something fun like these by Chloe is Crazy, women's size XL.  My FAVE type is fitted, with 3/4 length sleeves... like this.
-an ATC themed SHIRT!.  'ATC Addict', ATC Diva, ATC Queen, ATC Lover, I heart ATCs....get creative, I'd love it!
-A cute knit/crocheted hat, like this or thisDomUnique makes great ones too! Thanks MeganxElizabeth!
- A cool black tatted bracelet
-Cute, stylish, well made aprons.  Here are some cool ones for inspiration: ONE TWO  THREE  Just something lovely or fun to make me NOT feel like a tired housewife!  FOUR
-A cool new purse, something durable and sturdy...I love the funkiness of this one and the sturdyness of these weekender bags and the cuteness of this one and qazicat's bowling bag is a DREAM!
-Custom PEZ Dispensers Paint the head, make a PC head, just create a fun, fantasy dispenser!  I LOVE PEZ, so anything PEZ would be GREAT!  Sonjaboo is a PRO at these, see!
-A black PANTA.  Been wanting to try those.  Nothing TOO warm, mostly one for fashion, not warmth.  Smiley  Thanks NAELANY!
-Black Fingerless Gloves, there are a few pics/ideas on my wists.
-One of those weighted pincushion/threadcatchersLike this one by Bee_u_tiffle. Or this one by Momwith3kids. Black/Browns/Reds colors please.
-Cloth Pads. Wanting to be more 'green' and curiousity has got the best of me, I'd love some by someone who makes and uses them!
-PJ pants.  Flannel, cotton, cute prints!  My 2 fave current ones have the eiffel tower, and Scrabble on them!  Drawstring or Elastic waist is fine.
-DIY KITS:
-Microscope Slide Pendant kit
-Resin stuff and instructions
-Lip Balm making supplies and DIY kit
-And.... a SURPRIZE!  I do love me a good surprise!

And I am throwing in some smaller/simpler ones for extra easy picks from fellow December babes (or whoever!)
-Sharpies (ultra fine point are my fave!)
-ATC blanks(cardstock, watercolor paper, matboard, etc. cut to 2.5"x3.5")  There are a few ideas of these on my wists, and places to order if you want to send but not make them yourself!
-Fabric and spools of thread. I just got a machine, so I'll take your cast-off yards of fabric to start a stash!
-Mini Souvenir buildings from your area. The Golden Gate bridge, the Space Needle, Sacre Couer are a few of my bigtime NEEDS.  But I'm sure there are more I can use, just PM me to see if I need it.
-Books of stamps.  To fuel my ATC swapping obsession!
-Archival Pigment Ink Stamp Pads.
-ATCs.  I love PEZ, Wonder Woman, World Travel, Bold Colors, Geishas, LOST, Painting, Craftster, Art, Frida, Van Gogh, Miro,.......
-Paper and Vintage Ephemera, or stamped images, and cool vintage clip art or copies... AlteredMommy makes GREAT ATC starter kits!
-Address Labels.  I'm running out of those free ones you get in the mail. Thanks DevilNinny!

My real name is Sarah, and I am a SAHM, with a 3yo and 1yo, and live in Fort Worth, Texas.  My style is classic/simple/boho, I usually live in Levi's jeans and tees.  I adore black, red, and turqouise, as well as jewel tones (Rich, deep colors).  I wear silver jewelry.  I love the Eiffel Tower, Fleur de lis, Spirals/Swirl patterns, Ice Cream, PEZ, ATCs and being crafty!
My wists are HERE: http://www.wists.com/originalyouth for more info and ideas.
Thanks in advance for choosing little ol' me!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006 06:26:58 PM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mint
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006 12:16:25 PM »

Hi all! heres my list!

1. mittens... I'd really like a pair of mittens
2. i'd like pre cut circles so I can make yo yos
3. http://www.moonarts.com/blog/free_patterns/pages/crochet-crown-print.htm  Thanks meganxelizabeth!
4. a purse or tote or clutch lol
5. a journal
6. a panta please!
7. anything from my wists.
8. a scarf Thanks sanditerese!
9. I'm trying to learn how to crochet so anything to do with that
10. yarn
11. japanese trinkets... or anything origami!
12. anything moose related! I love those things
13. funky postcards!
14. a cute hat like DomUnique makes... they are so cute... an example is on my wists!
15. a suprise because I really do love them!

Hi! My name is Rachel and I am a full time college student. I'm at a communtiy college right now but next fall I'm transfering to a university! yay! I don't really have a style but I love reds, pinks, blues, greens, yellow, and browns. I live in Cali and I will be turning 21 on December the 9th!!! YAY! If you have any questions feel free to pm me! Thanks so much in advance!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2006 08:57:32 PM by mint » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sanditerese
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006 01:11:57 PM »

My name is Sandi and I will be turning 29 on December 28.  I am from Sacramento, CA.  I am expecting my first baby mid December, and I just started my maternity leave, so I have a lot of time to craft before the baby is born.  My style is very simple.  I do not like patterns with small flowers all over. As far as colors go, I like them all.  Thanks in advance for anyone who chooses me.

My List:

1. Double pointed knitting needles (any size except eight)
2. Rubber linoleum for making homemade stamps
3. Any baby items Thanks GatsbyGirl
4. Christmas ornaments/decorations
5. Candles
6. Scrapbook supplies (especially for Christmas, baby and wedding pages) Thanks Kitschkween!
7. Fun yarn
8. Swap journal
9. Fun bag (any of these styles are great.  I love lots of pockets to put stuff in)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=119849.0
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=118290.90 (tan, white and black bag, you have to scroll down)
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=38587.0
10. House slippers for my husband and me (sizes 10 and 8 )
11. Beads, any size and color
12. 24 gauge crafting wire, any color
13. Tissue Paper, any color, style.  Doesn't need to be new.  Old wrinkled paper works too.
14. A surprise

« Last Edit: December 22, 2006 01:38:47 PM by sanditerese » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SandiTerese

www.wists.com/sanditerese
www.sanditerese.ets y.com
I have a blog now!  www.yarner.blogspot .com

I love personal swaps!
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006 04:22:51 PM »

Hi there. I'm a thirtysomething writer/editor who lives in Los Angeles with my husband and two cats, but my heart truly resides in Texas. My birthday is December 2, even though my driver's license says it's December 7. My favorite holidays are Day of the Dead, Valentine's Day and the two weeks before Christmas when everyone has the holiday spirit. I drive a VW bug, but my second vehicle is a pink scooter. My interests include TV, food and chick lit (not always in that order). My favorite era is that gray one between Mod and Glam (think Andy Warhol/The Factory/Velvet Undergound), followed by the 1920s. If I have one regret it's that I don't have the bone structure to wear my hair super short like Mia Farrow's in "Rosemary's Baby." I try to stop eating three hours before bed. I don't always succeed. I prefer silver to gold, gloss to matte, cashmere to silk, heels to flats, red wine to white (champagne to both), pears to apples.

Things my little heart desires:

Postage Stamp necklace -- And if you use the Wonder Woman stamp that's out now, you would truly be my new favorite person

A Nancy Drew book clutch purse

A long-sleeved t-shirt with applique and/or embroidery (size Medium)

A decorated hoodie (size Medium)

A funky, crafty wrap skirt

A fused glass pendant

A long scarf (I like ones I can wrap around a couple of times): Thanks Mint!

Crewel kits from the '60s and '70s (just thought I'd ask, you never know what people have hanging around collecting dust)

Wire cookie cutters (Yes, I know this doesn't require any actual crafting, but I need them desperately for a craft project of my own, so, you know, can you help a girl out?)

Notecards

Wide Alice head band(s)

Long, fingerless gloves

Geegaws: Plastic charms, rhinestones, super cool buttons ... .

Oh, and I know no one will make me this, but I was watching "Goblet of Fire" last night and went "I want one of those" about the hats the girls of Beauxbatons Academy wear. I assume you could do it out of felt, but have no idea where to begin: http://www.comingsoon.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Fantasy/Harry_Potter/Harry_Potter_and_the_Goblet_of_Fire&image=gobletoffire78.jpg&img=9&tt=

A surprise!

I'd also like to take a moment to say Happy Birthday! to all my fellow Decemberists (not to be confused with the band or the Russian uprising). I feel your "Oh, since it's so close to Christmas, consider this a combination gift" pain.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006 06:27:06 PM by GatsbyGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Crafterbynite
Customizing the world ..one shirt at a time

Extraordinary machine!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006 05:25:29 PM »

Happy Birthday Everyone!

Here's my list  Grin My birthday is Dec 28

Thanks in advance

1. Christmas Decorations/Ornaments

2. Something from my wist www.wists.com/crafterbynite

3. Japanese crafting books or mags

4. Chocolates from the UK (love the cadbury brand)

5. Microscope slide pendant

6. Japanese item ( any thing candy souvenir)

7. Artwork for my naked olive green walls

8. Kitchen stuff (anything for my kitchen)

9. Cookies/Brownies for Christmas

10. Chunky Wrist Bangles, black brown or white

11. A weekender bag

12. A sturdy long wallet with loads of pockets for change/ and cards bought one Smiley

13. Knit bag http://www.berroco.com/exclusives/brea/brea.html ( i Will
love you forever if you make me this) in white or brown or green

14. Something for my kitty. His name is cookie ( cat bed or toys)

15. Long loopy necklaces

16. anything urban outfitters inspired

17. panta

18.DS Lite System/Game Case

19. CRAFT: Magazine Volume 1

20. a surprise

Hey all! My name is Crystal my bday is December 28 I will be 23.  I am from Rhode Island.  I am applying to 4 year school at the moment for industrial design. You can check out my blog for my likes and dislikes. Thanks to who ever picks me
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007 01:24:56 PM by Crafterbynite » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ETSY :: Wist :: Blog :: Fb :: Twitter
meganxelizabeth
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006 06:42:52 PM »

Hi! I'm fifteen years old and a sophomore in high school, and i'll be 16 on Monday! Which is December 4th. :] I love to write.. I'm pretty much obsessed with anything like "world travel" themed. Anything about/including Europe has always fascinated me, and i'm finally able to say that I will be going there during March of 2007, which means that i'll complete two of my top life goals: Visit Europe, and see the Eiffel Tower in person! I don't really have a "style", and you will never see me without my mp3 player. No disney/cartoon characters, please.
Anywho, this is too long so here is my list of wishes!

1.a wallet
   the more slots for cards, the better!
   I <3 the pocket wallets, but it doesn't have to be one
2.a purse
   i've never owned a purse, can you believe it? So I really want one. I love these (but it doesn't have to be made out of a bandana.. it seems like a bandana would be too thin to hold much up after a while! It would be awesome if it had the straps where you could adjust the length, because I love having it messenger bag-like (just not the actual size of a messenger bag!, but that's not required!) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=68279.0
3.anything crafted for my car. i'm [hopefully] getting my license in a few days.. so I want some cool crafted things for it :]
   (cd holders, a little thing to hold my mp3 player so it won't slide around the car whenever I have it hooked to the radio, etc)
4.shrinky dink stuff (with instructions, maybe?)
5.jewelry - necklaces, bracelets, and earrings. i <3 earrings.. but no gold, please. everytime i use like the gold backings, my ear gets really irritated Thanks piratecore!
6.a homemade [lined] journal! i'm always needing more
7.Screen printed/stenciled shirt (maybe something travel themed?)
8.wall art (i'm trying to go with like European landmarks and things, you know? I don't need anything else with the Eiffel Tower though, no matter how much I love it Tongue)
9.fingerless gloves [not really long.. just like a little past the wrist, maybe?]
10.PJ pants! any cute little fabric.. drawstring/elastic, either is great :]
11.a bookbinding kit? i want to learn how to do it so bad.. but so far, i'm not that great at it
12.felt! any kinds.. solids, patterns, etc
13.reversible fabric/ribbon belts (medium/large)
14.hair accessories (i love bobby pins, but I don't like the plain-ness of them) Thanks Banga!
15.a ds lite cozy/holder [maybe with little slots to put games in as well?
16.a surprise!

**Happy Birthday to all of my fellow December birthday craftsters, and thanks to anyone who may pick me!**
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006 04:29:27 AM by meganxelizabeth » THIS ROCKS   Logged
raina.storms
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006 09:34:33 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVERYBODY!

My name is Raina and I'll be 26 on Dec. 31. I live in SC.

The list, in no particular order:

Embellished (polyclay) crochet hooks, like these. Thank you so much, Miss Mermaid Strikes Back!
*  Shrinky dink sheets.
*  I collect funky socks! They can be characters, prints, whatever! Theyre like another accessory for me.
*  A wallet, of the smaller variety; not checkbook holder-style. Bi-fold or tri-fold, it doesn't matter. There's at least one on my wists.
ATC making supplies!!!  Im new to it, so anything you think of or wanna send is cool! Old mags/zines, catalogs, decks of cards, stickers, anything!  Thanks, OY!
*  An earring holder, preferably one that can stand up.
*  Yarn! Any kind, any color. Scraps are welcome; I've got several smaller projects that call for colors I wouldn't ordinarily buy.
*  Stealing one from OY-- postage stamps would be great! For all these ATC swaps.
DIY resin kit. Craftsters are crack dealers pedaling crafts! LOL Cheesy
Random goodness from your country! I've never gotten a package from outside the US.
*  Cute notecards/stationery to send with swap packages. Maybe even swap/craftster themed!
*  Anything that smells like lavender... or vanilla. Smiley
*  Anything based on or inspired by my wists.
A surprise! Who doesn't like birthday surprises?

A little about me:
I'm a pet- and house-sitter, and dog walker. I am fairly recently single (as of August--we were engaged but not married) and it's weird, but I'm trying to enjoy it. I live with my cousin (& best friend), her husband, and their 5 cats! I collect stickers and funky socks. I prefer silver over gold, and initials over full names. My favorite colors would be jewel tones, black, brown, and any shade of green. I'm not fond of very busy prints, especially flowers. I have an odd sense of humor. I don't mind pin-ups or the scantily-clad stuff, but I prefer no actual nudity on anything. My dad was a sailor, though, and I inherited his more colorful expressions! So cursing would be okay. Oh, and my mom originally wanted to name me Rainbow! I was really close to being born on New Year's Day, by less than an hour!

Thanks in advance to anyone who picks me!

« Last Edit: December 26, 2006 08:54:38 PM by raina.storms » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006 12:04:51 AM »

Hooray December babies! I'm Joanna and I will be 27 on Christmas Eve. I currently live in Germany, but will be moving back to Rhode Island, USA for one month in December! Then it's off to Michigan for a while. I'm a traveling machine! I'm addicted to chocolate, coffee, the ocean, and classic movies, but there is much more about me in my blog if needed!

My Happy Birthday wishlist:

Jewelry:
- a nestlace with something other than eggs in it. Maybe a turtle?
- I would adore you if you made me a love letter necklace like Uli's on Project Runway! It can be all silver, or even a colored clay envelope if you want. It would be awesome if the little letter could have the initials J and E written on it. These are the best pics I can find! http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/photos/season/3/designers/Uli_Herzner
- A version of one of these pendants with a leather cord http://www.spoonfedart.com/gallery/gallery.html

Craft stuff:
- Colorful roving! I'm a newly addicted felter and can't get enough!
- A grab bag of fun trims and ribbons (I love rickrack and would die for some measuring tape ribbon!)
- A "learn to knit" or "learn to crochet" kit, it would be so fun if this could incorporate the magic yarn ball trend somehow Thank you piratecore!
- Needle felting kit
- Card stock, decorative papers, punches, stickers, etc. for scrapbooking/card making Thank you rosered!
- rubber stamps, ink pads

Knit/crochet:
- A calorimetry in mixed colors like this http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTcalorimetry.html
- Leg warmers in cream, tan, or grey. I have big feet and skinny ankles, so if the legwarmers are a bit wider at the bottom than usual (think boot cut) that would be fantastic!
- I also love the "Dynomite" knucks! http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTknucks.html
- Knee socks. Especially stripes or argyle. I'm a US size 9-9 1/2, but you don't need to make them yourself!

Other:
- A monster stuffie like this! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136306.40
- A sock monkey kit with a colorful or stripey sock
- I love all things PaPaYa, one of their journals or cards would be awesome, but a handmade journal inspired by them would be awesome also!
http://shop.hannahgrey.com/index.php?cPath=290
- A swap journal - there is a bound one on my wists that is perfection
- I adore screenprinted, stenciled, and embellished tees/tanks/hoodies. Women's small for tees and tanks, medium for a hoodie. I especially love zip up hoodies with large hoods cause I have a big head and lots of hair. See my wists or PM me for ideas.
- Bath/body stuff, homemade is great! I love gritty, exfoliating soaps, creams/lotions, and have a severe lip gloss addiction
- I'd love a medium sized purse, but with a strap/handle, not a clutch! Perhaps a fun or vintage print, there are tons on my wists if you need an idea.
- If anyone is good with drawing/photoshop/making banners/etc. I'd love to have a banner/logo created for my future shop (jojobeandesigns)! I am having trouble coming up with something! I'd like labels and a rubber stamp for things I make, so PM me if you are interested!

Anything at all from my wists! It's a long list, so you have lots to choose from! Link in my signature... 

Cheers! And thank you so much in advance to anyone who chooses to craft for my birthday!

p.s. Don't worry bday girls, anything I craft for your bday will NOT be Christmas themed, will NOT be wrapped in Christmas paper, and will NOT include a "Happy Holiday Birthday!" card!  Tongue
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006 11:11:11 PM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Most Wearable Trends for Spring 2012
Rachel Bilson Shares Her Favorite Spring Fashion Styles
Get the Look of Hunger Games Characters
Style Up a Sleek Velvet Suit Like Elizabeth Olsen
Gwyneth Paltrow and Kristen Stewart Show Their Love for Louis Vuitton
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...