A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Help with Peeling Paint!  (Read 761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smithyboy
Princess

Kitty-Pookums

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2006 09:38:02 PM »

The paint on my shirt was halfway peeled off by the stencil (freezer paper) when i peeled it off.  I did do two coats, will that make the top layer peel off? here are some pics:
It has peeled off a lower section of the "D":

Any ideas how to prevent or fix that? Huh

AND, how do i keep the paint from seeping under the freezer paper?  i was just using a sea sponge type thing and dabbing, not smearing!  please help! it's for my BFF's christmas prezzie! Smiley

Any Thoughts?!??? Huh

<3, SmithyBoy!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006 12:11:40 AM by smithyboy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recycle Reduce Reuse Repair Rethink Retool Reinvent Resist React Respect Revere Reflect Refill Reclaim Recharge Rekindle Reform Refresh Renew Reconstruct
smithyboy
Princess

Kitty-Pookums

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2006 12:17:56 AM »

Any ideas?? i need to give this to her on friday, so any help would be appreciated!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Recycle Reduce Reuse Repair Rethink Retool Reinvent Resist React Respect Revere Reflect Refill Reclaim Recharge Rekindle Reform Refresh Renew Reconstruct
Maliaka
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006 11:26:28 PM »

I'm not sure how to prevent it from seeping under, as I too have that problem with supposedly "perfect" freezer paper (I'm a tad bitter, ha ha), but as for the part where the paint peeled off...your best bet is to just touch it up with a tiny brush making sure not to go outside the lines. Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Winter Lights Clothing ~
http://www.winterlights.etsy.com
dada3345
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007 11:30:36 AM »

yin regards to the whole paint seeping under thing, you want to try using a sponge roller. I think the dabbing might have too much paint, the sponge is what I use and you get great even coats on it. try that next and see if it works. It also seems like you're using rough textured cloth, which doesn't work great with freezer paper. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective. An eye unprejudiced by compositional logic. An eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure in perspective." -stan brahkage
my art: http://highlowart.webs.com/
knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007 12:38:38 PM »

I had the problem of the paint seeping under the stencil before too. Come to find out it was that I was using too much paint. At that time I was using a foam brush and dabing the paint on but it was a brush not a roller!! I will have to say that a roller is your friend! They are cheap and you can pick them up at Wal Mart usually. It will make a more even coat and cause less purking around the edges which cause places for the paint to seep under the stencil.

Less paint per coat is the Key!!

About the paint peeling up when you remove the stencil I would be willing to bet that you have too much paint on the shirt and stencil and that is also causing this problem!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Sparrow Author Jason Matthews Talks About Surveillance
Red Sparrow by Jason Matthews Talks About Enemies
Adam Grant Shares The Secrets Of Success
Children of the Jacaranda Tree by Sahar Delijani
Steve Schirripa Talks About Big Daddy’s Rules
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Quick Summer Dress
Marvelous Matryoshkas
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...