A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SCAVENGER HUNT ATC Cards. What can YOU do with these materials?  (Read 42711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 30, 2006 09:10:11 AM »

Edit to Add:  This thread now contains ALL of the Scavenger hunts and galleries!  Feel free to check out each individual challenge, and submit your cards whenever inspiration strikes.

Here are the links to find the first part of each round:[/b]
Round one: Playing card, paperbag, red paint, foil.
(Starts on this page)
Round 2: Nail Polish, Foil, Credit cards, http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136355.msg1372097#msg1372097
Round 3: Holiday package/present Recycling! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136355.msg1386916#msg1386916
Round 4:  Phonebook Pages! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136355.msg1431369#msg1431369
Round 5: Junk mail and food labels!http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136355.msg1447213#msg1447213
Round 6: 3 elements (homemade stamps, bleach and metal) http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136355.msg1466393#msg1466393

Round 1: SCAVENGER HUNT ATC Cards.  What can YOU do with these materials?
I know a lot of people are intimidated by ATCs and want to get started, or get some ideas.  I personally LOVE the variation that comes from people crafting for a specific theme.  This is a quick challenge to see how differently we all use the same materials.  It's kind of like "what would MacGyver do?" if he made ATCS.  Smiley

Here is your mission (should you choose to accept it):
A quick and easy SCAVENGER HUNT to create an ATC!  

Make one card, using ONLY these supplies.  No more.  You don't have to use them all, but you can't use anything NOT on the list!
-A regular, playing card (pick one of the regular 53 cards, but no fancy dolphin cards or anything)
-Red paint (fingerpaint, watercolors, acrylic, your choice of type of paint)
-A crossword puzzle (from the newspaper, a magazine, printed online, etc.)
-ONE button (any size, shape or color)
-Black Ink stamp pad...but NO stamps!
-one piece of ribbon
-a plain post-it note (any color, but no patterns)
-ONE 5-letter word.  Pick a word, ONE word and put it on the card...it can be done with a pen, ABC stamps (with your black pad only) or cut from a magazine.
-a fortune from a fortune cookie. (print one from the net if you don't have one)
-plain white printer paper.
-Aluminum foil.
-A brown paper bag.  (No words or images, just plain brown paper)

OF course, you can use these basic tools:
-glue (your choice..glue sticks, mod podge, gel medium, etc.)
-Scissors (plain only, no 'decorative edged' ones)
-paper cutter (for straight lines)
-tape
-a hole puncher
-a paintbrush

SO, NO markers, stickers, beads, thread, or anything fancy....ONLY what's on the list!  This is to show how ATCs can be made from the most basic of materials!  I REALLY tried to use stuff that everyone would have laying around the house...hopefully I gave you enough to go on!

I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!
Let's wait until tomorrow morning (FRIDAY), and then everyone can just post your finished cards in this thread!  (We'll wait and just chat for a day and post tomorrow, so we are only inspired by our own crafty brains, and not the work of each other)

This is one of those ideas that sound good in my head, so hopefully a few of you will want to play along, and not just look at me like I'm crazy!

« Last Edit: February 07, 2007 01:00:47 PM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

catpants

viva la hamsterpants! may he rest in peace.

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006 09:19:13 AM »

oh, this looks like such fun!  too bad i won't have time to make one today Sad  maybe this weekend, though.

i'll have to print out the list to make sure i don't peek at other cards for inspiration!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006 09:21:47 AM »

too bad i won't have time to make one today Sad  maybe this weekend, though.

We can keep posting them as long as people want to, just not START before tomorrow, if that makes sense.  I don't want people to base their cards on what others do...but on their own ingeniuty and imaginations!  I hope you play Catpants!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006 09:25:29 AM »

Oh! I think I'm gonna try...after I clear some other stuff! Cool idea OY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006 09:26:45 AM »

ooh curious...
Okay, questions:
black ink pad... I don't have a black one >_< I never have practical colours... I do have a purple one. And perhaps a turqoise. I guess it's too much to ask to have it "one color ink only"? Roll Eyes
one playing card: I'm in sweden, which means our playing cards are "bridge cards" I think you call 'em. I.e., they're of the A-standard rather than the B-standard, of which american cards are made... can I use cardstock to make an ATC-sized card, as long as it's not visible on the "front"?
fortune from a fortune cookie: I can't print one off the internet I suppose, or something? Smiley They're not as commonly distributed here. (okay, that's just a minor sidenote, I just have a crush on cookie fortunes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
raina.storms
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006 09:27:57 AM »

I'm in, of course.  I can't resist this new drug. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliastriona_angerboda
Pirate Queen, Insane Woman, Complete Nerd

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006 09:29:41 AM »

Well, I've only got about 60 ATCs waiting to be created, what's one more?

Count me in (you're shocked, I know Roll Eyes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OriginalYouth

Snarkier than Thou...

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006 09:31:22 AM »

ooh curious...
Okay, questions:
black ink pad... I don't have a black one >_< I never have practical colours... I do have a purple one. And perhaps a turqoise. I guess it's too much to ask to have it "one color ink only"? Roll Eyes
one playing card: I'm in sweden, which means our playing cards are "bridge cards" I think you call 'em. I.e., they're of the A-standard rather than the B-standard, of which american cards are made... can I use cardstock to make an ATC-sized card, as long as it's not visible on the "front"?
fortune from a fortune cookie: I can't print one off the internet I suppose, or something? Smiley They're not as commonly distributed here. (okay, that's just a minor sidenote, I just have a crush on cookie fortunes)

Good questions.  Yes, a bridge card is fine, just make the whole thing ATC sized in the end.  (cardstock on the back is fine).
Printed fortune cookie saying AND printed Crossword puzzle is fine, just use white paper to try to make them look as ordinary as possible.
And, sorry, ONLY a black inkpad.  I guess I want to use stuff that most everyone would have, and black is more common than turquoise. I'm purposely limiting the color choices.
The Red paint can be watercolor, oil, acrylic, fingerpaint, etc.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alteredmommy
Swap Moderator
More Art, Less Craft Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm an altered girl, in an altered world....

Colour outside the lines!

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006 09:32:33 AM »

very intriguing. . . .   something to work on for the weekend
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster Mobile has launched!  Find out more here

Have a Swap Problem?  Please open a HELP DESK ticket!!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006 09:34:05 AM »

Fair enough, had to try Grin
This seems like a lot of fun, I'm thinking of lots of ideas already. Smiley This will be my SECOND atc Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 82 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get Hollywood Hair Styles
How to Find the Right Hairstylist
How Mayonnaise Can Help Your Hair
Nifty Beauty Tip: Use Dry Shampoo to Refresh Your Hair On the Go
Some Hair Dressing Tips from Brad Graham
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...