A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
570 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Body Appreciation Swap Gallery  (Read 4980 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

Hufflepuff Seeker - Dork Extrordinaire

View Profile WWW
« on: November 30, 2006 08:06:42 AM »

Post your body-positive goodies here!
(Don't forget to PM me when you send and receive!)

Original thread here.

PARTNERS bold = sent italic = received underlined = sending late, but communicating red = you need to PM me!
Dorkariffic <-> Krafty KT
shewantsxglamor <-> ambervacation
StrwbryMlkmmmmmm <-> veganxwater
shiftychica <-> ophelias_lost_dream
Shimmer413 <-> edel
shylitlegoddess <-> crumpet13
defying gravity (flaker)[/color] <-> DharmaLei <- rockmygypsysoul (angel)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007 06:46:13 AM by Dorkariffic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006 10:57:15 AM »

Grin Grin Grin  WARNING:  TONS of pics!  I have so much to share!!  Grin Grin Grin

I am SO incredibly grateful and appreciative of all of the amazing goodies that Edel sent me (so early too!! Go Edel!).  When I came home late last night from my incredibly boring, incredibly corporate job, guess what was waiting for me?  I couldn't beleive it got here in just 5 days coming from Ireland!!  Anyway, as you can see, I was so excited, I didn't even take my coat off!  I just got picture happy and snapped away.  I LOVE everything!  Thank you SOOO much, Edel!  Your package will be mailed next week.

Pardon if I ramble, but I am just so in love with this stuff... Here goes...   Grin

Here's the whole lot:

Isn't it fabulous!?  More details...

I love the colors and fabrics of this awesome reversible tote bag.  It says "I am me" on the front... I love that saying.

And yes, ANOTHER bag.  I absolutely adore this little bag.  It fits my tastes to a tee!  It is so well made... Edel, you are quite the seamstress!  Note the beautiful vintage button closure, hardware detail on the bottom, and (double!!) pocketed lining with great quotes printed inside.  I wore this bag with me today and have gotten tons of compliments on it already.  Someone asked about it and I explained the swap thing and Craftster, and now she wants to sign up!  Yay!

Inside the purse was this so so cute little handbound journal with adorable bookmark.  Edel, I'm so glad you tried your hand at bookmaking... you did amazing!  I love it!

ANOTHER (!!) beautifully handbound journal with wonderful quotes printed on every page!  This is just gorgeous and will be a great place for me to reflect!

Lots of goodies!!  Didn't she spoil me?!  By this point I was just overwhelmed with all the fantastic-ness!  A mousepad of the flag of Ireland, beautiful calendar with photos of Ireland, a super cute pink pearl bracelet, a sweet angel for my Christmas tree, and some yummy European chocolates (*swoon*).  I feel so pampered!

Here's a bonus pic of the boy toy oogleing the beautiful pics of Ireland!

And last, but certainly not least, this uber-cute blue tank top with the Celtic Goddess Symbol on it (I think it's a beautiful symbol!).  I love this!!

You're right, Edel... Nothing makes a tall girl feel feminine like loads of pink!  I love it!!  Your creations matched my likes and personality so well, and made me sit back (now that I'm not still hyperventilating from excitement) and appreciate myself, my body, and the amazing generosity of Craftsters!  I cannot thank you enough for making my first swap so fulfilling!!  You really went above and beyond!   Smiley  I have greatly enjoyed being your partner in this swap and I hope that you enjoy the goodies I will send you as much as I LOVE the ones you sent me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i like to dabble in it all... curiosity keeps me crafty.

my blog: paper + stitch
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006 11:26:32 AM »

That is a FABULOUS package! Everything's beautiful, and so thoughtful!

Shimmer, the picture of your boy is too funny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LOOKING FOR A PERSONAL SWAP: I'm hoping for dinosaur-themed Xmas crackers, or other dinosaur Xmas items. I can make a Jayne Cobb hat, or many other things!

"Before we begin, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you."

Wists & LJ links in pro
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006 03:13:40 AM »

Wow I am amazed that it got there so fast, and I am delighted that you like it so much. Thanks for such a lovely post and great pix, (especially good since my camera isnt talking to my computer right now!) It was such a thrill to read this last night and to see the things I had made, sitting half way around the world. The internet is a great place!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006 03:31:07 PM »

Warning lots and lots more pix!

My daughter Mollie and I had arrived back home after a weekend away in Cork, it was wet and cold and there was a note from the postman saying there was a package in the postoffice, fortunately since we live in a small village the postoffice is only around the corner so Mollie hotfooted it down and came tearing back all excited with my package from Shimmer413. I was so excited! and then I opened the envelope, wow oh wow. She is a truly truly awesome swap partner, it was the first swap for both of us and I can truly say that I loved everysingle thing in the package, This was all the stuff
it took my breath away, such amazing stuff!

I adore feathers (so does the cat!) and she made this fabulous glam mirror, I also love red, so this is going straight into my bedroom!
And check out this journal, more feathers and such pretty ones, shingled into this lovely lovely journal (with a fabulous quote inside)

I was trying to keep the cat at bay but she was determined to get into this post somehow.

shimmer sent a lovely selection of some goodies, pampering body stuff, gorgeous chocolate and the cutest jug of maple syrup (pancakes for breakfast tomorrow!)

and then the jewellery, she is amazingly talented, This is a group shot, with a great rosie the riveter keychain (I love that image) and some skull and crossbones hair ties

this is a close up the pendant, its beautiful and I am wearing it at the moment with those fabulous earrings (any idea how lucky I am feeling!!!)

along with a lovely note she sent some extra cards, which have really enthused Mollie, she wants to learn how to make them.

I love refrigerator poetry and She made me a special set, in a very sweet little tin, the words are already on the fridge, all body appreciative words which is great, I didnt want to hide them away in the tin, I wanted them out where I could see them and play with them each day!

And our favourite thing of all in the whole package Lulu!!
here being cuddled by Mollie, Shimmer you are awesome! Lulu is fabulous and so well made!

Thank you so much for an amazing package and thanks for making my first swap so good!

the photo quality isnt great,they really dont do justice to Shimmers work, but I was trying to keep the filesize small! And I am proud that I actually managed to get pix on a post!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006 03:33:47 PM by edel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006 05:24:30 PM »

Oh, Edel, I am so happy you liked everything!!  I had so much fun crafting for you!  It's really neat to see these things being enjoyed almost half way across the globe. It's easy to see where Mollie gets her good looks!  Wink  (And your kitty is rather darling too!)  This has been a great first swap!  I can't wait to see what everyone else posts!   Grin

Edit:  Oh yeah, the tutorial for those shaving cream cards is here:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=9922.0.  You and Mollie will have a GREAT time making them... so fun!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006 05:28:44 PM by Shimmer413 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006 05:54:40 PM »

What a great package! What words are in the magnetic poetry set?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists & LJ links in pro
defying gravity
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006 03:24:26 PM »

OH MY GOSH!  JEN IS MY HERO! 

I received my package today, and was super super super excited.  Lo, lo and behold!

She made me a beautiful box.  It was photography themed, with tall girl quotes on the outside.  I love it.

There were also lights that I really like and am probably going to hang around my mirror for a nightlight Tongue.  Also, these AMAZING socks!

Sorry if these are really huge, I'll fix it right away if they are...

My mother started crying when she saw all the work you put into it, Jen.    She was like, "And she doesn't even know you!"  But really.  I love all of iit.  I wish I could give you a big fat hug!  Your stuff should be sent on Thursday, and I'll definitely message you with info. 

THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love like you've never been hurt, work like you don't need the money, and dance like no one's watching."
Dorkariffic
Kind of a hippy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006 03:37:28 PM »

That's great! The box is beautiful.
I didn't know that DharmaLei had sent...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists & LJ links in pro
Shimmer413

i'm a non-monotasker.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006 04:39:16 AM »

What a great package! What words are in the magnetic poetry set?

Dorkariffic, I used body/self positive words such as beautiful, strong, independent, confidence, unique, creature, flourish, appreciate, and then I added in all the "the", "a", "am" kinda words.  It was really fun and easy to make!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Fruit of Her Hands Book Trailer
Meet Dr. Michael Murray and Dr. Michael Lyon
Erik Rees Talks About Only You Can Be You
Maya Sloan Talks About High Before Homeroom
Bill Morgan Talks About The Typewriter Is Holy
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...