A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 298,104
Currently Running With Scissors:
671 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby/Kid Stuff Swap (Round 4)  (Read 6885 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006 09:17:19 PM »

Here is the fantastic package I recieved from dragonslair:

First, some giant bibs for Turing.  I hate how all the bibs are like 3 inches big and I need some that are 10 inches big.  These are perfect (and I hear Duncan helped !)

I had read you wanted larger bibs, I swore by the full body towel bibs Kate had as a baby, guess I'll have to make some for Deven.  I'm glad you liked the book.  The scarf I found those kits at JoAnn's normally 7.99 I found them marked down to 1.00 a piece I bought 20.  They make great stocking stuffers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
lemon floor wax
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006 10:16:57 AM »

Here are some action shots of the awesome things zenochka sent for my kids!
Stephen in his Blue's clues shirt (worn to preschool once, on a snow day once and to sleep once...all in one week!):

Blue's Clue's Hoodie (worn pretty much everywhere everyday):

and here's my girl Bridget in her Strawberry Shortcake shirt playing with her "no man", giving her some "loves":

Both my kids have inherited this thing from my mom that causes them to close their eyes or look away for 99% of all photos. It drives me nuts; I almost never get a picture of them looking AT the camera with their eyes open.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for swapping with me, Cheryl! Let me know when your stuff arrives! I hope your kiddos like it. USPS.com keeps telling me it has been acceppted at my local post office...well, duh, I KNOW I took it there. DC only works if they bother to update it, I guess! Great swap! Grin I love seeing what everyone has come up with.

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't get pics of the blankets because we use them in the car. They're the perfect size! They keep little hands oasty while we're driving to school/wherever. The kids love them!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 02:32:14 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think I was born in the wrong decade. Or at least, the wrong dimension.
zenochka
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006 09:17:16 AM »

We received our goodies from lemon floor wax today! Talk about spoiling!! be prepared for lots of pictures!

For William she sent a monster book of monsters box from Harry Potter. There is a red dragon on the inside, perfect for storing all his pokemon cards too!! And a red sock monkey which he really thought was cool and a red long sleeve shirt from Avatar the last airbender. He really loves that too!

picture of the monster book box closed and front of Avatar shirt

Picture of the box open and back of the Avatar shirt

For Caden a Thomas the train tote bag PERFECT for all his train tracks!! A blue sock monkey which he hasn't put down yet, and a Diego rescue pack filled with play doh

And a shot of Caden with his tote and sock monkey

And finally for Brenna a HUGE reversible terry cloth bib that says yummy on one side and yucky on the other ( I LOVE IT), a really really cute mouse and cheese stuffy-the mouse has a little bell in it-too cute!! and MY favorite a taggie blanket with the best Tinkerbell embroidered on it!!

everything with the yucky side on the bib

the yummy side of the bib

Brenna holding the taggie blanket

Close up of the embroidery

AND if that weren't enough she even sent a recipe for cookies!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You really outdid yourself!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
lemon floor wax
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2006 10:02:50 AM »

I'm glad you like it all! I knew nothing about Avatar, so I had to do a little research. Hope I put the right things on the shirt.  Smiley My friend's son is also named Kaden and ALSO very much into Thomas and he told me he wants "a bag for my choo-choos" from Santa, so I guess I'm making another one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think I was born in the wrong decade. Or at least, the wrong dimension.
zenochka
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2006 10:25:26 AM »

oh the Avatar shirt is perfect! I haven't seen any in stores for him yet so he's all happy that he has one and his friends dont hahaha! of course he didn't want to be in any pictures but don't worry I'll get him with the shirt on!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006 10:50:00 AM »

Wow, zenochka! You got spoiled! Wink Great stuff, lemon floor wax!

The stuff I sent to igobylorib is still in transit...hurry up, Canada Post - I'm feeling major swap anxiety here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006 11:14:01 AM »

Zelda sent me some extra fabric so here's some shirts I made with it!  I'm going to hide these now for "Christmas Eve" PJ set's.  If I have enough time before Christmas I may make them both a stuffed animal with them too!

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006 11:56:30 AM »

YAY!  They look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

igobylorib
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006 05:57:58 PM »

Wow, zenochka! You got spoiled! Wink Great stuff, lemon floor wax!

The stuff I sent to igobylorib is still in transit...hurry up, Canada Post - I'm feeling major swap anxiety here!

Well our package of goodies arrived today and it was well worth the wait and then some. I will take pictures tomorrow as both my kids were worn out tonight and to ownery for pictures. Jordan received an amazing purse with her initial on it. A journal, a necklace with her name on it and a wristlet that's just her size. Jake received a bag with a fire truck on it, a small fire truck, stickers and the most incredible stuffie ever. The items were so well made and what made this package even more incredible is that everything was tailored to my children. Madmatigan, I can't thank you enough for really making an effort to create things specifically with my children in mind. You set the high bar Smiley

much love-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006 09:55:20 PM »

Yay! I'm so happy that the package finally arrived and that the kids like everything. I had a great time crafting for them. Smiley Can't wait to see some action shots!

Here is a picture of the stuffy I made for Jake. His name is Gurff:

I have pictures of everything else, but I they came out kind of dark, so I will have to play with them in photoshop.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006 10:06:40 PM by Madmatigan79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Care of Hair Extentions
How to Make Easy Bun Updo
How to Make a Natural Scalp Remedy
How the Weather Affects Your Hair
How to Do Blowout Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...