A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 301,983
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby/Kid Stuff Swap (Round 4)  (Read 8235 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006 03:34:26 PM »

Hi,

WOW - the gallery has been busy and this is the first chance I've gotten to visit it. I love seeing all the cute and clever stuff. I've also never heard of a balloon cover - and I loved the knee covers too especially when my daughter was crawling last winter on chilly hard wood floors.

Well, right before I had a playgroup arrive at my house today my package from igobylorib arrived. She just crafted the most darling things for my daughter.
(thanks, igobylorib!!)

I had written in my questionaire that Astrid loved nature so we received a cute appliqued tee with a tree on it. The fabric is really cute - a girl and her whirlygigs, birds, etc. Astrid had to tell me ALL about each item. And then she made the cutest stuffie toy - it's a tree with little apples that are velcro-ed (sp?) on. This was a huge hit during playgroup as they are all learning to count. AND get this --- a group of toddlers ACTUALLY sharing a toy??? Unheard of!  Wink 

Astrid kissing her stuffie (and house destroyed by playgroup in background)

And then she made the most adorable reversable apron with retro cowboy fabric on one side (playing the geee-tar) and a fun orange polka dot print on the other (which matches my Fiestaware kitchen perfectly). And it was just in time as we had started making Christmas cookies.  Smiley
Action shot of cowboy side:

And the polka dot side:

And lastly an adorable pillowcase in the cowboy fabric trimmed in ribbon and embellished with a fun flower. This is perfect to put on one of the pillows in her reading nook.

Sorry for the blurry photos - my camera battery was close to dead so I squeezed these out before it died.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006 03:45:22 PM by indigokat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
zenochka
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006 03:46:32 PM »

Very cute stuff! I love the apple tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
igobylorib
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006 05:51:36 PM »

Kat, I'm so glad that you and Astrid loved the package. I had a hard time with colors at first because you requested no pink. Having a girl myself (she's 6), I can not imagine life without pink LOL. I wanted to incorporate her favorites and the cowboy retro print was the only cool fabric I could find with gee-tars Grin I really loved the way the tree turned out and am glad that Astrid and her friends put it to good use. My son is 2 1/2 and I need to make him a tree now. By the way, the pillow case fits a travel pillow perfectly Smiley

I will add some pics in a minute-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
igobylorib
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006 05:58:03 PM »

Here are some pictures I took. I didn't take a picture of the apron before sending it Sad

a close up of the t-shirt Smiley

The apple tree stuffie. One apple is turned over and shows the velcro dot on the back. I didn't put the other side of the velcro on the tree because I thought Astrid would rather put them where she wants to. Plus it's made out of felt so the velcro sticks well.

the pillow case, which fits a travel pillow perfectly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
shooting star
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006 06:03:05 PM »

such adorable goodies!  I don't have kids to craft for, not even any young ones in the family at the moment, so unfortunatly I have to sit out swaps like this, however I love to craft for little kiddies!

Great work guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006 09:51:08 PM »

Oh my goodness! That tree stuffy is too cute! Good ideas, crafty mamas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006 05:32:41 AM »

the tree and snowgirl stuffies are too cute!
(as are your little ones)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sneeg
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006 08:23:25 PM »

Here is the fantastic package I recieved from dragonslair:

First, some giant bibs for Turing.  I hate how all the bibs are like 3 inches big and I need some that are 10 inches big.  These are perfect (and I hear Duncan helped !)

Then a cute book with the letters of Turing's name cross stitched and an animal for each letter.  It's a page turner!

And a super cute scarf for mom.  And given the cold front that has been here for the last week, every layer is appreciated.

Thanks, dragonslair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: www.projectjanel.org/swap/index.html
I have wisted some fabrics, but they are just to give an idea of what I like: www.wists.com/sneeg
I like personal swaps, PM me if you're interested
Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006 08:48:09 PM »

Cute stuff, sneeg! Looks like your little guy really enjoyed his goodies!

Just a quick reminder, everyone - don't forget to pm me when you receive. I am watching the gallery but I'd hate to miss someone and give the wrong feedback! Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyTuesday
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006 12:34:46 AM »

I think this should be called the AH swap :-) when i see the action shots of the wonderful crafted toys and gifts with the gorgeous little ones i think AH! Grin

Dragonslair did you cut that scarf from one piece of fabric - if so where can i find the pattern, it'd make great xmas pressies if i can get to it quickly!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wash Every Type of Fabric
Top 4 New Ways to Style Your Plaid Top
Celebrities Hit the Beach in Their Bikinis
Top 10 Ways to Wear a Little Black Dress
Top 8 New Year’s Eve Looks for Any Age
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...