A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
600 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Baby/Kid Stuff Swap (Round 4)  (Read 6487 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Madmatigan79

Back by popular demand...

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2006 11:46:58 PM »

People have sent! Post pictures here when you receive!

Partners / Status:

sent
received
both
all swap commitments fulfilled, feedback given

zenochka <--> lemon floor wax

dragonslair <--> sneeg
Zelda.Suicide <--> Patty_O_Furniture
madmatigan79 -> igobylorib -> indigokat -> madmatigan79
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006 09:26:00 AM by Madmatigan79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006 07:44:31 AM »

my partner (Patty_O_Furniture) should receive/has received today, according to the usps tracking info.
I can't wait to see some action shots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006 10:26:29 AM »

I have my tracking number and she has hers.  Hurry up USPS.  I want to see how he likes his surprise.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006 02:21:05 PM »

I received from sneeg today.  The kids love their items.
2 hats for deven
knitted friend for duncan
stuffed friend for Kate
and a ginger colored TY stuffed kitty to share since she knows their adore their Aunt's ginger colored kitten

deven in hat

duncan and friend

kate and friends

hats and chocolate
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
zenochka
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006 02:41:21 PM »

the DC# says my partners package was delivered today
THIS ROCKS   Logged

employed = hardly any time to sew :-(
sneeg
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006 03:29:03 PM »

oh, yea!  i'm glad it arrived safely!  and that the hats fit . . . i mean, i know they start out small, but every time i make an infant hat it is hard to believe they were really that small.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: www.projectjanel.or g/swap/index.html
I have wisted some fabrics, but they are just to give an idea of what I like: www.wists.com/sneeg
I like personal swaps, PM me if you're interested
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006 10:18:10 PM »

I recieved!!

I have one of those swap partners that you love to hate.  She went totally overboard, look at all this great stuff!!

For my 6 month old:
Puzzle Ball, 2 (2!) pairs of fleece booties, and a fun pair of PJ pants!!

My 2 year old:
Nemo Apron, Mermaid PJ pants, bacon, eggs, and pea pods!  (We asked for play food since she's getting a kitchen for Christmas Smiley )

and ME!  ?!?!
it's a side little birthday package with wist-y blanket edging, a photo book, and the leftover fabric!  Whoohoo!

Here's older DD with some of the stuff.

We had to leave right after this pic was taken and she ran and hid after I said we needed to take her pants off.  "Mermaid Pants!" she kept yelling.  We comprimised at keeping the apron on and putting some regular pants on, LOL. 

And the cat has already taken off with one or two of the pea pods. 

I hope my package can live up to half of this great one...Thanks Zelda.Suicide!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2006 05:31:10 AM »

Yay!  I am so glad you liked everything.  Sorry, I do tend to go a little overboard, I just get so excited about swapping and making stuff for other people and more especially since this is the first time I have gotten to craft for little girls.  I had planned on making more food, but ran out of normal food colored felt, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2006 08:50:15 AM »

I was worried that the pants were going to be WAY too big, but it looks like they are alright (well, maybe a little long, haha).  I was going to make shirts with little appliques from the pants fabric for them too, but I couldn't find any plain shirts at Target, it was really strange.

I love personal swaps, so just let me know if you really want to, you're girls were a blast to craft for, and I have SO many more ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2006 09:10:26 AM »

The pants are long on both, but the fit is very good.  It's an easy fix to hem them, but....I think I would rather them long so they can fit longer!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2006 11:39:46 AM »

The DC# says my package is in town, why must the maillady be so inconsisent (some days she comes at 11, other days not unil 6!).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2006 12:41:29 PM »

I LOVE the toy eggs & bacon! What a good idea, Zelda!

dragonslair - (forgive me while I state the obvious...but) awww! your littlest one is so wee!

Great stuff so far, everyone! Can't wait to see everything else!  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged
dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2006 01:07:38 PM »

I love the apron and pants.  Where did you ever get the pattern for those booties?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2006 01:16:14 PM »

YAY!  It came!  The maillady took her sweet time coming inside the building, I thought she was NEVER going to get out of her truck, so what if it's raining, I wanted my package, haha!  But really, she's super nice.

Ok, now for the loot!

Here's everything, 2 pairs of "babylegs" (such a good idea, I am always trying to pull his pant legs down to cover his legs), a balloon cover (I have never seen anything like this before, but it's brilliant, he had a balloon from the dentist pop in his hands yesterday and that was no fun) w/ 2 balloons, the CUTEST monkey scarf and hat I have ever seen and an elmo coloring book with crayons (his favorite new snack).

Wearing his monkey hat and scarf (and playing with the crayons)

Modelling his "babylegs" (again with the crayons) he was dancing when I took the picture, haha.

Playing with his balloon
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 03:23:53 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006 01:18:38 PM »

Here's a link to the pattern for the booties
http://www.poopockets.com/free/footies/footies.htm
I have probably made a dozen of these, it's a great pattern, quick and easy and cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2006 02:08:37 PM »

Yay!  Glad you like everything!  Hope he stays warm this winter!   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2006 02:38:29 PM »

that balloon cover is so neat!! I have 3 pairs of baby legs for my daughter, I love them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2006 06:13:14 PM »

According to the dc# lemon floor wax received yesterday so here are pics of what I sent her for her kids.

For her 3 year old boy: a dinosaur blanket-fleece on one side and flannel on the other, a fleece hoodie with blue's clues, and an orange shirt with Blue's clues

and for her 18 month old girl: a Strawberry shortcake blanket-fleece on one side and cotton on the other, a pink shirt with strawberry shortcake and a snowgirl stuffy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2006 09:15:00 PM »

That Snowgirl stuffy is adorable! Smiley Is it felt or fleece? Hard to tell from the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zenochka
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2006 04:38:24 AM »

it's fleece. the eyes and buttons are small animal eyes but the store ran out so I had to improvise for the mouth which is small pom poms sewn in, same with the orange nose
THIS ROCKS   Logged

indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2006 03:34:26 PM »

Hi,

WOW - the gallery has been busy and this is the first chance I've gotten to visit it. I love seeing all the cute and clever stuff. I've also never heard of a balloon cover - and I loved the knee covers too especially when my daughter was crawling last winter on chilly hard wood floors.

Well, right before I had a playgroup arrive at my house today my package from igobylorib arrived. She just crafted the most darling things for my daughter.
(thanks, igobylorib!!)

I had written in my questionaire that Astrid loved nature so we received a cute appliqued tee with a tree on it. The fabric is really cute - a girl and her whirlygigs, birds, etc. Astrid had to tell me ALL about each item. And then she made the cutest stuffie toy - it's a tree with little apples that are velcro-ed (sp?) on. This was a huge hit during playgroup as they are all learning to count. AND get this --- a group of toddlers ACTUALLY sharing a toy??? Unheard of!  Wink 

Astrid kissing her stuffie (and house destroyed by playgroup in background)

And then she made the most adorable reversable apron with retro cowboy fabric on one side (playing the geee-tar) and a fun orange polka dot print on the other (which matches my Fiestaware kitchen perfectly). And it was just in time as we had started making Christmas cookies.  Smiley
Action shot of cowboy side:

And the polka dot side:

And lastly an adorable pillowcase in the cowboy fabric trimmed in ribbon and embellished with a fun flower. This is perfect to put on one of the pillows in her reading nook.

Sorry for the blurry photos - my camera battery was close to dead so I squeezed these out before it died.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006 03:45:22 PM by indigokat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
zenochka
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006 03:46:32 PM »

Very cute stuff! I love the apple tree!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

igobylorib
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006 05:51:36 PM »

Kat, I'm so glad that you and Astrid loved the package. I had a hard time with colors at first because you requested no pink. Having a girl myself (she's 6), I can not imagine life without pink LOL. I wanted to incorporate her favorites and the cowboy retro print was the only cool fabric I could find with gee-tars Grin I really loved the way the tree turned out and am glad that Astrid and her friends put it to good use. My son is 2 1/2 and I need to make him a tree now. By the way, the pillow case fits a travel pillow perfectly Smiley

I will add some pics in a minute-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http//:www.wists.com/igobylorib

I'm making a craftster quilt using the Bright Hopes block. Wanna swap a block?
igobylorib
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2006 05:58:03 PM »

Here are some pictures I took. I didn't take a picture of the apron before sending it Sad

a close up of the t-shirt Smiley

The apple tree stuffie. One apple is turned over and shows the velcro dot on the back. I didn't put the other side of the velcro on the tree because I thought Astrid would rather put them where she wants to. Plus it's made out of felt so the velcro sticks well.

the pillow case, which fits a travel pillow perfectly Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shooting star
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2006 06:03:05 PM »

such adorable goodies!  I don't have kids to craft for, not even any young ones in the family at the moment, so unfortunatly I have to sit out swaps like this, however I love to craft for little kiddies!

Great work guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2006 09:51:08 PM »

Oh my goodness! That tree stuffy is too cute! Good ideas, crafty mamas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006 05:32:41 AM »

the tree and snowgirl stuffies are too cute!
(as are your little ones)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sneeg
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006 08:23:25 PM »

Here is the fantastic package I recieved from dragonslair:

First, some giant bibs for Turing.  I hate how all the bibs are like 3 inches big and I need some that are 10 inches big.  These are perfect (and I hear Duncan helped !)

Then a cute book with the letters of Turing's name cross stitched and an animal for each letter.  It's a page turner!

And a super cute scarf for mom.  And given the cold front that has been here for the last week, every layer is appreciated.

Thanks, dragonslair!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swap info: www.projectjanel.or g/swap/index.html
I have wisted some fabrics, but they are just to give an idea of what I like: www.wists.com/sneeg
I like personal swaps, PM me if you're interested
Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006 08:48:09 PM »

Cute stuff, sneeg! Looks like your little guy really enjoyed his goodies!

Just a quick reminder, everyone - don't forget to pm me when you receive. I am watching the gallery but I'd hate to miss someone and give the wrong feedback! Thanks! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RubyTuesday
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2006 12:34:46 AM »

I think this should be called the AH swap :-) when i see the action shots of the wonderful crafted toys and gifts with the gorgeous little ones i think AH! Grin

Dragonslair did you cut that scarf from one piece of fabric - if so where can i find the pattern, it'd make great xmas pressies if i can get to it quickly!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006 09:17:19 PM »

Here is the fantastic package I recieved from dragonslair:

First, some giant bibs for Turing.  I hate how all the bibs are like 3 inches big and I need some that are 10 inches big.  These are perfect (and I hear Duncan helped !)

I had read you wanted larger bibs, I swore by the full body towel bibs Kate had as a baby, guess I'll have to make some for Deven.  I'm glad you liked the book.  The scarf I found those kits at JoAnn's normally 7.99 I found them marked down to 1.00 a piece I bought 20.  They make great stocking stuffers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY LJ

My wists
lemon floor wax
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006 10:16:57 AM »

Here are some action shots of the awesome things zenochka sent for my kids!
Stephen in his Blue's clues shirt (worn to preschool once, on a snow day once and to sleep once...all in one week!):

Blue's Clue's Hoodie (worn pretty much everywhere everyday):

and here's my girl Bridget in her Strawberry Shortcake shirt playing with her "no man", giving her some "loves":

Both my kids have inherited this thing from my mom that causes them to close their eyes or look away for 99% of all photos. It drives me nuts; I almost never get a picture of them looking AT the camera with their eyes open.  Roll Eyes

Thanks for swapping with me, Cheryl! Let me know when your stuff arrives! I hope your kiddos like it. USPS.com keeps telling me it has been acceppted at my local post office...well, duh, I KNOW I took it there. DC only works if they bother to update it, I guess! Great swap! Grin I love seeing what everyone has come up with.

EDITED TO ADD: I didn't get pics of the blankets because we use them in the car. They're the perfect size! They keep little hands oasty while we're driving to school/wherever. The kids love them!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 02:32:14 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think I was born in the wrong decade. Or at least, the wrong dimension.
zenochka
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2006 09:17:16 AM »

We received our goodies from lemon floor wax today! Talk about spoiling!! be prepared for lots of pictures!

For William she sent a monster book of monsters box from Harry Potter. There is a red dragon on the inside, perfect for storing all his pokemon cards too!! And a red sock monkey which he really thought was cool and a red long sleeve shirt from Avatar the last airbender. He really loves that too!

picture of the monster book box closed and front of Avatar shirt

Picture of the box open and back of the Avatar shirt

For Caden a Thomas the train tote bag PERFECT for all his train tracks!! A blue sock monkey which he hasn't put down yet, and a Diego rescue pack filled with play doh

And a shot of Caden with his tote and sock monkey

And finally for Brenna a HUGE reversible terry cloth bib that says yummy on one side and yucky on the other ( I LOVE IT), a really really cute mouse and cheese stuffy-the mouse has a little bell in it-too cute!! and MY favorite a taggie blanket with the best Tinkerbell embroidered on it!!

everything with the yucky side on the bib

the yummy side of the bib

Brenna holding the taggie blanket

Close up of the embroidery

AND if that weren't enough she even sent a recipe for cookies!!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! You really outdid yourself!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemon floor wax
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2006 10:02:50 AM »

I'm glad you like it all! I knew nothing about Avatar, so I had to do a little research. Hope I put the right things on the shirt.  Smiley My friend's son is also named Kaden and ALSO very much into Thomas and he told me he wants "a bag for my choo-choos" from Santa, so I guess I'm making another one. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I think I was born in the wrong decade. Or at least, the wrong dimension.
zenochka
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2006 10:25:26 AM »

oh the Avatar shirt is perfect! I haven't seen any in stores for him yet so he's all happy that he has one and his friends dont hahaha! of course he didn't want to be in any pictures but don't worry I'll get him with the shirt on!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2006 10:50:00 AM »

Wow, zenochka! You got spoiled! Wink Great stuff, lemon floor wax!

The stuff I sent to igobylorib is still in transit...hurry up, Canada Post - I'm feeling major swap anxiety here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006 11:14:01 AM »

Zelda sent me some extra fabric so here's some shirts I made with it!  I'm going to hide these now for "Christmas Eve" PJ set's.  If I have enough time before Christmas I may make them both a stuffed animal with them too!

Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006 11:56:30 AM »

YAY!  They look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

igobylorib
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006 05:57:58 PM »

Wow, zenochka! You got spoiled! Wink Great stuff, lemon floor wax!

The stuff I sent to igobylorib is still in transit...hurry up, Canada Post - I'm feeling major swap anxiety here!

Well our package of goodies arrived today and it was well worth the wait and then some. I will take pictures tomorrow as both my kids were worn out tonight and to ownery for pictures. Jordan received an amazing purse with her initial on it. A journal, a necklace with her name on it and a wristlet that's just her size. Jake received a bag with a fire truck on it, a small fire truck, stickers and the most incredible stuffie ever. The items were so well made and what made this package even more incredible is that everything was tailored to my children. Madmatigan, I can't thank you enough for really making an effort to create things specifically with my children in mind. You set the high bar Smiley

much love-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006 09:55:20 PM »

Yay! I'm so happy that the package finally arrived and that the kids like everything. I had a great time crafting for them. Smiley Can't wait to see some action shots!

Here is a picture of the stuffy I made for Jake. His name is Gurff:

I have pictures of everything else, but I they came out kind of dark, so I will have to play with them in photoshop.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2006 10:06:40 PM by Madmatigan79 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2006 07:29:16 AM »

SO CUTE!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

patty_o_furniture

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2006 03:50:03 PM »

Here are the matching stuffies! 

The monkey's ears are crackley

Thanks for the extra fabric Zelda!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006 05:33:50 PM »

OMG!  I love the monkey, how clever are you with the crinkly ears and taggies!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shooting star
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006 12:51:57 AM »

the monkeys cute.  what did you use to make the ears crackle?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
patty_o_furniture

« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2006 07:14:46 AM »

I used a weird paper that came with some vinyl I bought, but a lot of people will use plastic bags or cellophane.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zenochka
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006 07:31:19 AM »

really nice stuff! the monkey is cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madmatigan79

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2006 12:15:58 PM »

We received the most phenomenal package from indigokat on Tuesday, right before I was about to go out of town (just got back). I haven't had an opportunity to unpack the camera, but when I do, I will snap some photos asap!

Thanks so much, indigokat! If you have pictures, go ahead and post them...I might not get anything uploaded until tonight. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigokat

Craftin' while they're nappin'

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2006 11:51:49 AM »

YAY - I'm glad you liked it! I think I noted there were several failed projects that I started for your daughter, but that's what I like about swaps ... I always TRY something new (and there are always bumps on the road to learning new skills).

AND for once I did take photos before I sent. I hope you had a great trip! I know it must have been hard to be away from your little one!

On to the goodies:

Madmatigan will have to explain the Polka Rama shirt ... I thought it was sweet that she bonds with her grandparents with music.  Smiley

I also got together with some friends and we all made some kiddie aprons. (I had told my other partner that I was so thrilled she made an apron herself for Astrid because I've always made gifts for others and never made one for my own daughter).

The new Craftster rules now ban CDs in swaps but since this one was underway I was able to still send some CDs for Elora's listening and dancing pleasure. I do a musical playgroup/dance party at my house so I've been collecting good kids music and also adult music that is fun for kids. I sent 5 CDs full of rock, folk, world, dance, silliness, rockabilly, singalongs. (I can do personal swaps too if anyone wants new music for kids).

And lastly ... a found alphabet print for Elora. I got addicted to collecting photo alphabet a few years ago on a photography group. These make great gifts so get out your camera and tune your eye to those letters around you.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back from hiatus and trying not to just lurk.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Finishing the Beyoncé Knowles Style
Curling the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Sectioning the Hair - Beyoncé Knowles
Celebrity Hairstyles - Beyoncé Knowles
Finishing the Jessica Simpson Style
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...