A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 301,620
Currently Running With Scissors:
392 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yarn Tragedy in NYC---P&S Yarn Closing  (Read 533 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 29, 2006 11:01:38 AM »

Maybe I'm overreacting because I'm pregnant but I just found out that P&S Yarns/Fabrics sold the building and is closing the store for good. I walked over during my lunch hour to pick a bead threader and discovered the gates down and huge signs of closing.  On the lighter note, they are having a huge sale starting tomorrow, Nov. 30.  You may love them or hate them but a sale is a sale.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006 11:07:37 AM by rosecomet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Limeylizzie
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006 03:26:55 AM »

Damn...I love that place in all its ugliness and the vast amounts of acrylic, but it was such a fun place to rummage. I will head down there today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006 07:26:19 AM »

do you know, the other lys with those kind of prices is Smiley's?!!  They are located in Woodhaven in Queens by the J train. For someone like me, who only rely in mass transit, that's one long ass ride.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lekkercraft
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006 09:29:13 AM »

Ooo I will definitely check out the P&S sale today - a good reason to splurge and stock up if the clearance prices are good!

Rosecomet - Smiley's is also having it's annual Manhattan yarn sale right now. I haven't been, but I hear that there are some mad deals on yarn, and it's less of a hike to get there!

Check this link for more info:
http://www.pagelinx.com/cgi-shopper/loadpage.cgi/smileysyarns/ezshopper?user_id=id&file=riot.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rosecomet

Que papi chulo!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006 11:08:06 AM »

I just got back from P&S. It's a freaking madhouse. If you are planning to go, free up some time for it. There's a line to get in and there's an even longer line for paying.  I got three color yarn but in bulk just in case. My twin got the same. I'm going back on early Sunday, with a shopping cart. Do you know that some chick was only on the line for needles?!! I'm a bad sister. I left my twin waiting to pay cause I was seriously hungry and it's not a good combo with pregnancy.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006 11:17:22 AM by rosecomet » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Limeylizzie
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006 11:38:42 AM »

Yeah the trek to Queens is not worth it for mediocre yarn, but I have such a soft spot for P& S, I will go tomorrow, I am sure they will be closed on Saturday , I think the owners are Orthodox.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lekkercraft
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006 01:03:09 PM »

I just got back too - it was insane in there!  I picked up some yarn and random buttons and some notions.  Anyone who wants to go should note that yarn was only 10% off, and from what I heard the prices aren't dropping anymore as they get closer to the closing date....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zknits
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006 07:32:19 PM »

tragedy perhaps, but i can let myself buy yarn at the sale cuz it's so cheap!  just bought 19 skeins for $40!  Smiley
z
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my knitting podcast (knit obsession) at: http://seezknit.blogspot.com/

http://zknitsgoods.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use ADT Architectural Desktop Wall Cleanup Priorities
How to Use REVIT MEP 2008 - Building an HVAC System
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Coping Buttons
How to Use REVIT MEP 2008 - Massing Objects
How to use REVIT MEP 2008 - Sloped Flat Floor and Roof
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Removable Fabric Wallpaper
Tute Tuesday: Candy, Anyone?
Crafty Kitchen

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...