A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,575
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38
Jump to page:
    Print  
Topic: 11/29/06 - Craftster Design Reproduced on Gilmore Girls TV Show  (Read 190369 times)
Tags for this thread: gilmore_girls , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fun4Bambi
Scrumble Curious

Wanted for gluing googly eyes to other googly eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2006 12:26:35 PM »

Jeez... it never ends! It seems like someone created a pretty different looking design based on what they saw on the show considering the fact that they tagged it with "Gilmore". But it's not a copy of the Craftster skull. Who know's what category this falls under! Huh

I'm guessing CW could go after this un-creative, albeit fast-acting shopkeeper. As you pointed out, Leah, the skull with knitting needles is something many have their own take on. The image link above is pretty clearly directly "inspired" by last night's GG episode.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slgn

Ma Cobb says, "Ni hao-wdy"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2006 12:30:48 PM »

Quote from: OriginalYouth
If anyone would like to submit feedback to the CW network (the one that films and airs GG) the email address is:
feedback@CWTV.com

Just a note: I do believe that mature, well written, educated letters to the network will take much more effect on them
I also wrote a cordial note explaining my disappointment to: customerservice@wb.com (Warner Brothers - parent/production)

Leah - I've always loved those shirts and I noticed it immediately on the show.  I assumed that they bought one of the [official] shirts and used iron-on letters for the "Knit or Die" part. [ETA: Oops... that was "Knit or Go Home" right?]  I was really, really disappointed to find that they reproduced it without permission.  I hope you can get some response from CW about this - in a way you like.  If any one of us was using their content without permission they'd sue our crafty-pants right off and then some.  Good luck! 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006 12:43:52 PM by slgn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything." Wash, The Message (Firefly).
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2006 01:11:29 PM »

I dont want to make anything worse either....but I just adore "Real craftsters don't steal...they swap!" Priceless...

I  so  love  this  qoute!!!!   since it is out htere  written down I  must  ask  will ANYONE  be  making this to sell?  I  want  one  really!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
ArmyOfMe

It should be raining

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2006 02:22:09 PM »

wow, what the crap?  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cait
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2006 02:29:24 PM »

Aw, Gilmore Girls is my one true love. I really hope this was all just a mistake, and they didn't realise the design was Leah's. I bet if the orginal creators of the show were still on board this wouldn't have happened!
If in fact it wasn't a mistake, that is ridiculous, and Leah, I hope you get just compensation. It seems like if they really knew it was a copyrighted image they would have just ripped it off like all of the others people have been posting links too. Not that that's ok! It just seems like they would have been smart enough to know they could get in trouble, and found a way around it.
No matter the situation it still sucks, but because I have loved this show for 7 years I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. (But not cafepress, they should have known better)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006 02:59:21 PM by cait » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCarrie
Tutorial Contributor

Good at everything...Great at nothing

i crafted a kid

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2006 02:55:17 PM »

I really hope this was an honest mistake. I mean, I would hate to think that a successful show would steal an idea from a small business like Leah's.  They could have just paid the $20 for the T-Shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Good at everything...Great at nothing
virginiawoolf
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2006 03:10:27 PM »

I definitely think it is worth contacting them about the second, slightly altered version of the "knit or go home" shirt. The design is still yours, even though they changed it a tiny bit. I also am a huge GG fan and was pretty pumped that they had a knitting show, but I'm angry about the blatant craftster rip-off.

Maybe you could offer the exact shirt shown on GG last night (i.e., the craftster skull with "knit or go home" underneath it) and make some $$$ off of their publicity...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"A canadian is someone who can make love in a canoe."
Le blog: http://emmasfavouritethings.blogspot.com/
stolendreams

I'm thinking we'll rise again

« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2006 03:22:01 PM »

I dont want to make anything worse either....but I just adore "Real craftsters don't steal...they swap!" Priceless...

Cheesy I love that quote

But I hope this was just an honest mistake on the part of somebody, because otherwise ripping a design off instead of paying for a t-shirt is just sad, especially when it's a large successful TV show stealing from a small business Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/stolendreams

Formerly known as risingphoenix
Kaos
A random assortment of artistic delicacies.

Photo editors are dangerous...

« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2006 03:24:16 PM »

Stitchbitch everyone LOVES your quote!!! Smiley Maybe you could leave GG out of it and just make a shirt that says " Real craftsters don't steal...they swap!" I'd get one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

slb2724
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2006 03:41:42 PM »

haha! just as the scene started with that shirt i posted it on you know your a craftster when! i know it was the same thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.beadsnthings.etsy.com

"I've ot a jar of dirt! And guess whats inside it!"-Jack Sparrow
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38 Jump to page:
  Print  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Top Celebrity Jet-Set Styles
Kristen Bell Brings Menswear to the Red Carpet
Jessica Chastain Puts a Flamenco Twist on Her Red-Carpet LBD
How to Choose a Soft Cup Bra
How to Choose a Softly Padded Bra
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...