A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,209
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Very Wearable Vintage-inspired Shrug  (Read 9996 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sappmama
« on: November 28, 2006 04:16:50 PM »

Hi, guys.

I finished this shrug on Thanksgiving and would like to share it.  It's from a pattern I bought at a LYS (but it's so simple that if you can cast on and cast off stitches on a WIP, you can figure it out).  I made it with Karaoke yarn, a new fave, provided it holds up, and size 10 needles.  

I made the skirt, too, but it's strobing so it's hard to tell that it's that coverall denim with the little lines in it.  What's that called?  Anyhow, I'm humbly proud because I finally made an "outfit."  Thanks for looking.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 12:11:05 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006 04:19:29 PM »

That's very pretty and looks fab on you! good job on that one. Maybe someday I' figure out this knitting thing.  Tongue Can't follow a pattern to save my life!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006 04:23:17 PM »

I love that shrug! I live in T-shirts so shrugs are a must for fall (and winter too here in TX) Anyhoo, Its gorgeous! I wish I could knit...And the skirt is fab too...is it that stripey material like train conductors wear? Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
lillesoed
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006 04:24:02 PM »

That is absolutely beautiful! I wish I could knit. I haven't gotten past scarves Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would love to do a personal swap for any kimono/yukata/japanese fabric or marimekko fabric you may have! PM me if interested Smiley
BlueJeanBaby

Hello, lover!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006 04:30:24 PM »

It's georgeous! It looks so good on you too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sappmama
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006 04:34:28 PM »

Thanks, you guys.  Y'all are so sweet.  I'm using "y'all" because I finished the shrug in Texas, Austin to be exact, where my M-I-L lives.  So, jshires, I saw firsthand the usefulness of the shrug down there!

Perfect description, too.  Train conductor material.  There's a name for it but for the life of me I can't recall it.

junquette and lillesoed, keep at it, you'll get it.  It just takes more practice than most of us -- myself included -- have put toward anything since grade school!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel7383
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006 04:38:01 PM »

I love that shrug! I've been looking for one to make, and I think this it! Smiley Where on their website can I find it?
I'm jealous of your hair too, by the way. Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 04:47:39 PM by jezebel7383 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

animegirlie
crafty nerdy girl

just make stuff!!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006 04:45:34 PM »

fabulous shrug - I am now crazy for them - soo wisted!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2006 04:53:40 PM »

that's fantastic. i'm preggo right now and Nothing fits me, this would do wonders in expanding my shrinking wardrobe, ha ha!
i can't find the pattern in that link you send though, would you maybe post a link straight to it?

you look fantastic btw, gorgeous sweater and even more gorgeous YOU! that shrug couldn't be a better colour on you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
sappmama
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2006 05:09:38 PM »

You guys have me cheesing from ear to ear!  Thank you SO MUCH!  What a blah day and now I'm feeling so much better.  I'm thinking, gee, maybe life does matter.  Yeah, my day was that blah.  Smiley

jezebel7383 -- thank you!  It's easy peasy hair 'cause I can't be fussing with it, need more crafty time!

I just called Unwind and though the shrug's not on their website, they'd be happy to take orders over the phone -- 818-840-0080.  FYI, their site is http://unwindyarn.com/.  The pattern is called Sherry's (Sherri's?) Easy Shrug and it costs $5.00.  I don't know about postage.

If anyone needs help understanding the pattern, don't hesitate to e-mail me.  My address is on my blog.

Also, if anyone wants to add similar armbands, I can tell you how to do that, too (it's not in the pattern).

Oh yeah, the store said someone in New Jersey has already called to place an order.  MonkeyThumb, that you?  I know how you preggos need what you need when you need it.  LOL.

Joyous knitting!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006 05:14:31 PM by sappmama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blueberry and Banana Pie Recipe
How to Make Black Chocolate Truffles With Cointreau
How to Make Peppermint Cheesecake Ice Cream
How To Flute A Pie Crust
How to Make a Date and Toffee Pudding With Ultimate Toffee Sauce
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Buffalo Spaghetti Squash
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...