A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
868 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Postage Stamp Tea Tin  (Read 7125 times)
Tags for this thread: postage_stamp  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iqjones
Who's house? Run's house!

Trying to keep it gold...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2004 10:04:59 AM »

No-value stamp collectors of the world unite!
Brilliant tea tin.
Does anyone else remember buying bags of value-less stamps from Pier One back when it smelled like a cheap opium den?
It was a big treat when I was little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All the goo we use, reviewed!
http://brainybeautys.blogspot.com
iLoVeCaReBeArS
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2004 06:01:56 AM »

That is so amazing! Makes me wish I had a stamp collection to waste.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

boo
Geminitm
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2004 09:30:31 AM »

From a current stamp collector, removing the paper and glue from the back of self-stick stamps can be done in the same way as regular stamps, by soaking them in water - only difference is you need to use hotter water and probably soak them a little longer, about 2 minutes.

We use lots of our excess stamps in the same way to cover tins, boxes, mirrors, frames etc. It's really neat when you can give people a whole set of matching tins and stuff.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
feal
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2004 07:17:10 AM »

very nice. =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DelawareWolf

Yes, this is me. Yes, I am gay and Yes I am single

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2005 10:30:18 PM »

Way Cool Idea. I also saw an end table I think is was that some one glued
all kinds of world stamps on and varnished over top of. I've been toying around
with the idea of doing this to the top of wooden boxes. This kind of project has this kind of world traveling jet-setter kind of look. But alass, I don't have as many world stamps as I thought I had. Dose anyone know any sorces other than e-bay to get packs of stamps from around the world?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Skittles, Taste the Rainbow
fairyprinzezzin

This isn't me, but he is single!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005 08:10:25 PM »

I have actually seen packages of random stamps you can buy at Michaels, but that was like a year ago.  I remember they came in a red cloth bag and you got 300 for $2.99, or something.  So I would recommend checking your local craft store, like A.C. Moore, for bunches of stamps.  The only reason I had so many different ones was because my dad works for a company that does business with clients all over the world.  He saved the stamps from back in the day when email wasn't used as much yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DelawareWolf

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2005 09:06:05 PM »

I have actually seen packages of random stamps you can buy at Michaels, but that was like a year ago.  I remember they came in a red cloth bag and you got 300 for $2.99, or something.  So I would recommend checking your local craft store, like A.C. Moore, for bunches of stamps.  The only reason I had so many different ones was because my dad works for a company that does business with clients all over the world.  He saved the stamps from back in the day when email wasn't used as much yet.

LOL, the old snail mail days. I am fortunate to have to pass both Michael's and A C Moore on my way to and from work so, I will check there. Were they in with the scrap booking stuff or the kids section?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bertnernie201
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2005 04:47:48 PM »

I love the tin. I knew there was a subconcious reason for me saving stamps from my job now I just have to find the patience to remove them from the envelopes...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DelawareWolf

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2005 05:08:15 PM »

Grin I have an update to my search for used postage stamps. The Michael's in Dover Delaware has packs of I think 600 used stamps for somthing like seven bucks. They have two diffrent packs, one is chuck full of international stamps and the other is all United States stamps. I am sure that if Michael's in Dover has them that other locations will have them as well. And for all you Duct Tape crafters out there, they also have a varity of the colored duck tape at somthing like three bucks a roll, cheaper than Wal-mart.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DelawareWolf

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2005 11:25:34 PM »

I did it!!!! I did it!!!!!!!!! I searched through my closset to find what was left of my old stamp collection and put to gather a stamp box. I used a tresure chest shaped paper mache box, painted it with acrylic paint, used regular white glue to glue the stamps on than threw on 2 coats of verathane by flecto. And this is what I came up with.

In case your wondering, I used a base coat of antique white paint and used and old toothbrush and some watterdown black paint to add the specs.

I can't wait untill I have more money to get the stuff to make more. I also found a great web site for getting stuff to do these kinds of crafts, it's
http://mantofev.com
This site has all kinds of nifty stuff
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 6/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 8/21
How to Crochet a Woolen Willy Warmer Part 9/21
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 1/29
How to Crochet Adult Size Sock Slippers Part 10/29
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...