A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I have a stupid question!!  (Read 541 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tabbathehutt
« on: December 18, 2006 07:11:30 AM »

Hi guys,

So I've been thinking about making some fudge to give as Christmas gifts to my family members. However, I am unused to making food that doesn't get eaten right away (I also don't like fudge, so I've never kept any around), so I'm wondering how far in advance I can make the fudge? I've been thinking about trying that microwave recipe everyone seems to like.

But I'm going to be travelling a lot to my different families, so there is going to be a difference of many days (almost a week!) between the making and delivering of the sweets. And no matter whose house I'm at I'm a young 'un (at 25. funny, huh?) and I am kind of expected to steer clear of the kitchens, so I can't really make it at anyone else's house.

SO my question is, can I make the fudge and expect it to still be good when it is given almost a whole week later? Also, do you guys have any cute ideas for packaging/wrapping a gift like fudge? Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
midnight7649
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006 07:25:07 AM »

I made fudge as gifts a year or so ago and i just poured and spread the fudge into tin containers i got at the dollar store (after i washed them of course!)  Smiley  after they cooled to room temp i put a sheet of saran wrap on top and then put the lid on and they kept for over a week. you could refrigerate them if you wanted them to keep longer but mine turned out just fine and they just sat out on the counter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shurlygurl
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006 07:46:05 AM »

The cello wrap with holiday prints, or the cello bags are nice.  Wrap it in saran first, and then the cello over top.  There was also holographic aluminum foil last year, if it is still around that would jazz it up a little too.  Then a satin or curly ribbon bow with either, too.  That's the kind of thing my mom uses to wrap hers.  Also, she spreads it flat on a cookie sheet, the kind that have the  1 in depth (the jellyroll pan, I think is the technical name.)  This is a nice thickness and it sets up quicker as well.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tabbathehutt
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006 10:05:47 AM »

Thanks a lot guys! You're a BIG help!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Shrimp and Grits
How to Make Thanksgiving Stuffing in a Rice Cooker
How to Make Macaroni and Cheese from Scratch
Texas Barbecue Meal Recipe
How to Make July 4th Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...