A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
732 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Embroidered Chicken Towels  (Read 1136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hokiekate
« on: November 27, 2006 08:01:19 PM »

I made these for my grandmother for her birthday.  She loved them, but immediately pronounced them too nice to be used.  Does anyone else have this problem when crafting gifts for others?  It happens to me all the time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

bubba*tink

there's nuffin loik a warm cable-knit necklace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006 08:08:39 PM »

Super cute!!

I know that my dish towels get really dirty easily, you know, with pasta sauce stains and they get holey and smelly (of course I wash my dish towels, but after some time the stains just don't go away!! Grin)...perhaps she was wanting to display them rather than use them!  Think of it as a compliment that she wants them to last a long long time. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can tell you, Fall is composed of

1 part dead fish smell
1 part wet leaves
1 part arctic chilled air (not winter chilled variety)
2 parts crunchy walking
a pinch very cold rain
some apples you picked yourself
a few very still moments
a good deal of inner reflection
hokiekate
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006 08:22:58 PM »

I know it's a compliment, but I try to make useful things.  Maybe I should try making ugly useful things Wink.

My grandmother is especially guilty of not wanting to use gifts.  I once bought her a birdfeeder and she decided that it was too nice to put outside.  So, she bought a set of little nativity dolls and turned the birdfeeder into a manger.  I think I bought the birdfeeder for less than $5!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

entriq
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006 10:10:42 PM »

You did a fantastic job - those are very cute and your grandmother probably can display them without having to use them and she can enjoy looking at them every day.

In school I made an ashtray for my mom, and she used it to hold loose change.  Even as a kindergartner I couldn't understand why we were making ash trays for our Moms on mothers day, since my Mom didn't smoke.  On the other hand, my Mom knitted my socks, and I wore them every day.  So I guess it only works in one direction.  Or next time, make your grandmother some socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

entriq
taloola
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Midwiffin' @ Mother By Nature Midwifery!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006 10:11:07 PM »

oh my freakin god! i love these! i need these! they are sooooo wisted!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katxena
Gardening fool

Confused.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006 07:15:24 AM »

Those towels are beautiful!

People say that to me all the time too -- it makes me sad, becuase I want my things to be useful, not museum pieces.  The best complement I've ever received was when a friend bought a baby blanket back to me that her kid had chewed a hole in and asked me to fix it because he loved it so much.  She was embarassed -- I was so proud.  Somebody loved something I knitted enough to eat it!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrsblocko

It's not only sticious, it's SUPER!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2006 10:58:35 AM »

man, everyone is embroidering such cute stuff!  A few quick questions: Where did you get the designs from?  Did you add the cute chicken material to the towel yourself?  Was it difficult to stitch on the "bumpy" fabric?  did you do it in hand or in a hoop?  ok so that was more than a few questions. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hokiekate
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2006 11:39:13 AM »

man, everyone is embroidering such cute stuff!  A few quick questions: Where did you get the designs from?  Did you add the cute chicken material to the towel yourself?  Was it difficult to stitch on the "bumpy" fabric?  did you do it in hand or in a hoop?  ok so that was more than a few questions. Wink

The designs are the same as the chicken designs in the fabric.  I put them on my scanner and enlarged.

Yes, I added the material myself.

It was surprisingly not difficult to embroider on the bumpy towels.

And, I did it in a hoop.  I always embroider in a hoop, unless the thing I am embroidering is smaller than my smallest hoop.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Blowout Hairstyles
African American Hair: Mohawk Hairstyle, Foxy Rihanna Mohawk
Hair Highlighting Tips - Aftercare
Highlighting Part Hair and Applying Color
How to Prepare for Hair Highlighting
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...