A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,864
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 12 Days Of Christmas Swap Gallery!!!  (Read 52391 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #400 on: December 27, 2006 09:00:40 AM »

yeah, maybe it's the mossy stuff he went after? I don't know lol

Oh, and I should've explained (I forgot, so sorry), that is a Prayer Shawl Smiley I'm glad you like it Smiley

I can't thank you enough naelany! I am really happy that the pj pants fit. Spunky princess kitties in purple just seemed perfect.

Same here! There aren't enough thanks Smiley

lol they are purrfect (sorry, couldn't help myself Wink)... though I don't believe I've ever been associated with the word "spunky"...kinda like it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
Oops Creations
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2006 10:01:19 AM »

more pictures from me--- hurray.  apologies for the shaky camera skills the cold medicine is kicking in and I'm getting a little drowsy but I wanted to post these before too long.

I recvd from CAPITANJEN days 12, 11, 10, 6, 5, 4, 2 and 1.  I'll post those pictures below.

Thanks so much Jen for everything.  Also a thanks you in advance to my angels whom I understand will be sending soon.  Yeah and a special angel shoutout to DAY NINE - Gatsbygirl , DAY EIGHT - lulubean,  DAY SEVEN - mshavoc, DAY THREE - danderson

On to the pictures .  12 days of Christmas swap items recvd from CapitanJen

Day 12: Snowflakes.  sorry blurry picture.  perfect for decorating my tree or pkgs.  I think since there is no snow my snowflakes can stay on my tree a little longer.

Day 11: 11 surprises. A neat-o totebag with vintage fabric-- no picture but the inside is fabric that had been spraypainted with a lace or stencil overlay.  how awesome.  Also some votives, felt stuffies (TOO CUTE) , felt letters spelling my name, candies, votive holder, clutch with vintage cordoroy or velvet fabric, plus a decorated mirror with bag.  I think thats all 11 items.

Day 10: Handmade wrapping paper and wrapping supplies.  This paper has great texture from the paint she used the snowflakes really pop off the papre. cool. also gift tags, handmade rubber stamp and ribbons.

Day 6-- 6 fabric postcards with decorative stitching again sorry for the extreme blurry picture.  don't stare to long at the striped one in the corner. hehe.  great vintage fabric!!!

Day 5-- candleholders. decorated to spell out "let it snow" with some snowflakes on either side. too cute. again blury picture, maybe it is time for a nap

Almost done.
Day 4-- 3 kinds of tea from China with neat (and healthy!) chinese candy.  Tea-fific.

Day 2-- kind of like those "I'm with stupid shirts" that point to the person standing next to you only much more endering. Stenciled (although it almost looks like henna) shirts for me and my boyfriend with a 1/2 of a heart on each one.  Togeter they make a full heart.  Cute.

Day 1-- an appropriate titled book for a hidden compartment in a book.  She took HG Wells "Invisible man" and carved out a hidden compartment for tucking secrets and other things inside. sneaky.

Thanks again CAPITANJEN. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
floggingmolly
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2006 11:04:42 AM »

Cheesy Wow! Oops Creations, where did you find that fabric I love it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jesus saves, Gretzky scores. The workers slave, the rich get more, one wrong move and we risk the cup. so play the man, not the puck!
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 27, 2006 11:50:15 AM »

It's funny. I saw that fabric on eBay the other day and was trying to think of the perfect project for it. Love the bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
shewilldieyoung.
« Reply #404 on: December 27, 2006 12:10:41 PM »

Well after many mishaps and lateness and postal-whatever, Nutella actually got her 12 days of chrismtas loot!

I snapped a few quick pictures of just a couple of the things I sent. Hopefully she can get better and a more complete set of photos for ya when she opens everything up!

Day Nine was a bunch of jewelry that I made for her.

This is a necklace with a ball pendant that was inspired by something she had on her wist.

earrings to match!  Wink

a necklace with a bunch of twisted beaded strands and then a black pendant.

blue "diamond" earrings

and of course there were 5 other pieces of jewlery but i didn't get a picture of them before I sent them out.

Andd just one more picture from day...six? i think.
Day six had a paisley theme. This was a paisley journal (my first attempt at bookbinding!) with blue and white papers. The page size is about 4.25" x 5.5" and there's somewhere around 120 pages.

Hope you like!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.wists.com/shewilldieyoung

I will be out of state until February. I may be able to check emails periodically so if you need me, it would be more timely to email me. Thanks. ANY OWED SWAP PACKAGES WILL GO OUT BEFORE I LEAVE.
naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #405 on: December 27, 2006 12:14:45 PM »

nice..can't wait to see the rest Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
SewingLori
« Reply #406 on: December 27, 2006 12:15:44 PM »

This is a killer gallery. I'm counting the days til' next Christmas so I can do it. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

View Profile WWW
« Reply #407 on: December 27, 2006 12:17:04 PM »

This is a killer gallery. I'm counting the days til' next Christmas so I can do it. Smiley
lol count the days, and count your money. Trust me, this is one swap where it pays to save up for stuff (as well as postage..it was killer!!!) Wink. But man, is it ever worth it! I'd love for this to become a Christmas tradition Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oops Creations
« Reply #408 on: December 27, 2006 12:19:20 PM »

today must be my lucky day.  I recvd my angel package from GATSBYGIRL for day 9.

Its perfect. 9 (well actually 10, in case I've read any of them) chick lit books.  this could not come at a better time-- me home sick and too lazy to go to the library.

The laundry can wait.

P.S.  too everyone that commented on my day 1 totebag to capitanjen.  the retro bird fabric was found at my local church thirft shop-- my new go to place for wicked awesome retro fabric.  It is not available commercially anywhere I'm aware of

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
GatsbyGirl
Not a Knitter

"As for me, I am a watercolor. I wash off."

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 27, 2006 01:07:21 PM »

Glad the books are a hit and sorry your partner wasn't able to fulfill the swap. I wanted to craft something, but with it being so close to Christmas that wasn't happening, and since your questionaire said you liked Red Dress Ink books, and I had just happened to clear off a shelf of them when turning the guest room into the guest room/craft room/office it seemed as though it was meant to be.

And not to start a bidding war (especially since I'm thinking I want it), here's the link to the eBay auction I saw that has the fabric Oops Creations used for the tote bag:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-60s-Retro-Mod-Groovy-Hippie-Birdies-Bird-Fabric_W0QQitemZ270072554887QQihZ017QQcategoryZ28162QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Twitter | Facebook | Wists
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 47 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Embroider Constellations
Easy DIY Party Favor-Lollipop Koozies
How to Make Inexpensive Flower Arrangements
Basic Cable Knitting
Positioning Tips For Your HUSQVARNA VIKING
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...