A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Happy Little Christmas Swap Gallery!  (Read 7952 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

glittergirl94
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006 07:31:59 AM »

Thank you Laughing Lark for posting better pics of what you sent me, my camera is less than wonderful(freebie when I bought my computer.)

And thank you everyone for the compliments on the tote and snowflake.  I found the snowflake pattern online, I'll try to find the link later for you.  Thanks Everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006 08:17:35 AM »

Hey everyone! A reminder that today is the send out date! Many people have already sent which is awesome. If you're sending today, remember to send me a little PM when you've done that, so I can keep my list up to date.... and if you need a couple of extra days that's fine with me but just make sure you PM me so I'm aware. Thanks!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
craftsbian
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2006 08:33:03 AM »

What FANTASTIC stuff everyone has been receiving!  The koi bag is my favorite!  I have an affection for koi.  I cant wait to see what everyone else gets.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atelier07020
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006 02:25:34 PM »

Here's my loot! Craftsbian did a great job on everything, her wire jewelry is especially gorgeous - but I loved it all. Thanks again!

First off, the package itself was all decked out for the holidays. Made me crack a huge smile when I saw it on the doorstep...

To give she made a bunch of great gift tags & teeny envelopes in really cool patterns. And some awesome notepads in bright graphic prints (totally my thing!). LOVE.

Here are the fantastic wire ornaments, in two sizes.  Each one holds a ruby red glass marble, so beautiful.  I've been thinking about ways to use them after Christmas - maybe as a pull on a lamp or hung in the kitchen window.  Everything in my house is super modern so adding a little whimsey is always a good thing!

Some cozy Spongebob gloves & fleece scarf for the random act of kindness.  These will go right to New York City Rescue Mission tomorrow or maybe to one of the city's many homeless on my way to the mission... Either way they'll be appreciated.

Totally gorgeous copper wire & beaded flower pin. It reminds me of one of Van Gogh's sunflowers!  It was hard to capture how pretty it is in photos.

And finally, the pièce de résistance - this stunning, green cuff bracelet.  Made with wire & beautiful glass beads.  You have no idea how much this IS ME!  I love, love, love it.  Again, hard to capture in photos but I took a few shots so you can see how it catches the light.  Looks especially good with my everyday chunky watch (its a man's watch) & trinity ring that never leaves my finger. Don't know if that was just a good guess or what?! Perfect.

Thanks again Craftsbian, this was so much fun & you were a great swap partner!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 02:44:42 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there.
Lewis Carroll
BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006 04:02:34 PM »

How beautiful! What thoughtful and lovely crafts, craftsbian! Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
craftsbian
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2006 08:37:43 AM »

I got my package from atelier07020 the other day and it was SUPER GREAT!!!  It was the best swap items I have ever received!  I took some pictures but unfortunately before I could get them posted, my computer died.  Thankfully my partner took some pics before she sent so I will tell you a bit about the stuff and then she will post the pictures.
The ornament was a wonderful hand crafted paper folded beauty.  With a special fairy hanging inside.  It represents good health which I need around me right now (thanks).
The gift for me was a super awesome t shirt with an iron on of a Pitt bull and to make it even better, she sewed on some grass around the feet.  Coolest shirt I own now!
To give away she made me some beautiful cards with pitts on the front.  And my favorite of course was the one with my baby diamond on the front done in pop art which is super duper!
Then if that all wasn't enough she put together a bag with ingredients to make yummy cookies and bags and tags to go along with them.  What a cool idea!  Everything was labeled and very easy!

THANK YOU SO MUCH atelier07020!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atelier07020
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006 01:58:32 PM »

Ah, thanks!  I l-o-v-e-d your things too, obviously - again so great!

Here are some photos of the things I sent, the quality of pics isn't great (weird color!)but you get the idea...

the package in its entirety

the ornament. it's origami made out of mod wallpaper swatches, micro glitter & beads.  you can't really see the faerie inside but its a silver charm that's suspended by monofilament. it's kind of like a 'faerie cage' i guess. there are windows in between each section that you can peek in & see her.

this is the charm

here are the cards, all pitbulls & pop art

the cookie kit for the random act of kindness. i vacuum sealed all of the dry ingredients & included a recipe card, cello bags, twine, & gift tags. did a test run of the recipe - it's pretty good!

and here is the t-shirt.  the pitbull is a modified line drawing from some clipart then i tweaked it in Photoshop &  used the 'color halftone' filter.  the grass is ultrasuede scraps.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2011 03:28:28 AM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lewis Carroll
Homerof2
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2006 02:39:01 PM »

atelier07020 - that ornament is fantastic!  Did you use a pattern or make it up yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

atelier07020
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2006 04:18:11 PM »

atelier07020 - that ornament is fantastic!  Did you use a pattern or make it up yourself?

I used a pattern for it from a vintage book about Kusudama, ball origami.  It was super easy although the wallpaper i was using is screen-printed so its a little thick & harder to get really crisp folds. I'd like to make a bunch more with true origami paper, I think they'd look great on the tree!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lewis Carroll
Merliquin

Saving the world since 1100 AD

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2006 05:30:38 PM »

beautiful origami!  everything else is very cool too.

I wish the package I sent would hurry up and deliver itself to Canada quicker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Glitter Garland
The McSpadden Dulcimers
How to Make a Wool Pom-Pom
Hand Made Woven and Painted Scarves
How to Carve a Pumpkin
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...