A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,749
Currently Running With Scissors:
592 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buyer Turn Offs  (Read 46640 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2006 03:47:20 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the best thread for this but... my biggest turn off has been a spiteful seller. My shopping experience was fine, but I was not fully satisfied with my purchase once I got it. I left a detailed bit of feedback, mentioning both positive aspects of my purchase and my complaint. The feedback I listed as Neutral. I then received Neutral customer feedback from the seller, blaming me for work overload! "Due to the feedback I've now extra work on my hands answering size queries for the graphics, of which there are enough photos and feedback to attest...Thanks!" I think it is entirely unfair to blame me for this, but the snide little 'thanks' at the end was what really got me. You can look me up on etsy (jojobeandesigns) and read both pieces of feedback if are willing to let me know what you think!

This was the first time I shopped on etsy, and I must say, I'm really turned off by it! If this is a place where sellers may take constructive criticism personally and then bash you, I don't know if I'll continue using it~ I do hope this is a one time thing because I love so many people/items on etsy! I also want to support all of the crafty people on this site, but maybe they won't want me as a customer once they read my feedback! Ugh. Rant over.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2006 03:56:37 AM by Banga » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006 04:57:05 AM »

I don't know how long it's been, but try e-mailing support@etsy.com about this, subject line "retaliatory feedback." They might be able to do something about it, especially since the seller was so explicit about their BS, snotty reason for leaving a neutral. Seems like there's ordinarily a "report transaction" feature, but it's still down from the upgrade.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2006 05:56:22 AM »

Thanks for the idea, I hadn't thought of doing that... I don't want to be a jerk, but I don't want to have a bad rep as a buyer!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Banga

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006 10:04:10 AM »

Thanks for your input likespointysticks! I actually did have a convo with the seller. He was very rude to me in his reply, saying "otherwise sane" customers had never had this problem aka "you are not sane." I sent a very sane and calm email back, and it was then that he left the nasty feedback for me. I am not really turned off etsy, but I just worry sellers wont want me as a client.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
tofuttibreak
« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2006 11:06:21 AM »

i hate to see that people are already becoming so spiteful on etsy--i don't want it to end up like ebay! that he would have the nerve to imply that you are less than sane for being unsatisfied is just awful! i don't think that sellers will even think twice about your feedback. most sellers that i know are so excited to have customer interest that they wouldn't even notice. i know that i wouldn't. besides, i think that the feedback he left for you reads very obviously as the seller being vengeful and not as you being a bad customer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FineGirl
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2006 12:41:03 PM »

Sorry you had such a negative experience. I don't have anything to add...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2006 01:25:46 PM »

I just wanted to say that when I look at feedback I look at it as a whole. If there is one negative I just think that person has issues not that the seller has a problem. There is the chance that all of us could get hit with negative feedback from some wacko and I just think that is probably what happened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2006 01:30:10 PM »

Thanks for all the feedback everyone. I've decided to just forget about it and hope that all of my post Xmas shopping gets me some positive feedback from sellers. I'm actually very easy to please, ask any of my swap partners!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
PinkyK
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2006 01:36:39 PM »

Hey banga......put a link to your etsy shop in your signature so lazy people like me can just click on it!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Banga

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2006 01:40:49 PM »

I don't have one actually! Maybe in the future, but as of now I'm just a customer! It was buyer feedback we were discussing before.
p.s. LOVE your plates PinkyK!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Michael Jackson
How to Draw Megi Simpson
How to Draw Megaman
How to Draw Maximus
How to Draw Martian Manhunter
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...