A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,569
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's End Paper mitts  (Read 11199 times)
Tags for this thread: eunny_jang  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

redwitch
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2007 04:36:52 AM »

Not quite perfect as the rest of it, either because it was at the start of the round (probably) or because it was the same colour all the way up (possible). EIther way, it was definitely better than a purl would have been (we don't all have Eunny's tension right?) and nothing that didn't block out.
I think the colours are not only gorgeous but that the subtle pattern is quite nice. I think I like the one with purple ribbing best. I like the negative too, I did that with my first pair but it's better in these colours.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
bibe
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2007 06:25:55 AM »

This thread seems to have picked up again, so here's my first almost finished mitt. It's been in this state for a few weeks, I procrastinate a lot Sad. Ends haven't been sewn in yet, and the thumb is still on safety pins.

I did knits instead of purls for the seams, but frankly, I wish I would have taken the time to figure out how to continue the colorwork pattern instead of doing seams. I also did less repeats above the thumb gusset as I didn't want the mitt to cover too much of my fingers as I tend to wear armwarmers while I work at the computer or play guitar.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redwitch
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2007 07:20:22 AM »

He hee, I made one an extra repeat longer than the pattern says so I can keep one hand warmer (so can use the fingers better) or more useful (because not encumbered with more fabric).

It looks great! I am not sure that a jogless jog would work well enough to keep the pattern continuous, perhaps with a different colour pattern though... I think the seam stitches are a necessary evil to be honest, unless you can lessen them with a jogless jog technique and put it on the little-finger side...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zorka

I make life exciting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2007 04:01:57 PM »

is this too late to join?  I was planning on making a few modifications and casting on tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find me on Ravelry!  un-Froomla
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2007 01:11:52 PM »

is this too late to join?  I was planning on making a few modifications and casting on tonight!
it's never to late join!
As for me, Ihaven't touched my mitts for about.....6 months. I will when it gets colder thou!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bibe
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2007 08:59:18 AM »

Here's my finished pair.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2007 05:24:29 PM »

Those look great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2007 07:35:22 PM »

oh, yeah, I finished mine too!

took me long enough... just oh, 9 months.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: November 06, 2007 07:48:52 AM »

I think the seam stitches are a necessary evil to be honest, unless you can lessen them with a jogless jog technique and put it on the little-finger side...

I took out the seams completely. I figured if I'm knitting seamless why fake a seam?  I also used a (almost) worsted-weight yarn so  fewer stitches so fewer repeats and extended them to mittens. Other than that I followed her pattern exactly. Grin  I'll try to put up a pic in the next few days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redwitch
« Reply #79 on: November 07, 2007 01:11:08 AM »

I've never had much luck with the jogless jog techniques and didn't want to try it in SC! So I felt one seam was necessary for me, but I have seen many people find the little-finger seam rides up and I didn't like it in the first place. I much prefer the seam stitch as a knit rather than a purl also. I have finished my 2nd pair, like these much better, just thumb ribbing to do, if I like this one after it is blocked (might have tightened my tension a bit on the second half) will finish thumb and wait for the cool months... hopefully I will find the first of the pair before then! I made that a full repeat longer at the fingers, sometimes I need more warmth or more manoeuvreability for one hand!
Sarah
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Cool Green Eyes in Photoshop
How to Make Custom Brushes in Photoshop
How to Make a Cool Effect For Your Pictures in Photoshop
How to Make Basic Animation in Photoshop
How to Cut a Person or Object from a Picture in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...