A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Atlanta- Metro Area  (Read 24470 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lbbshell
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2007 09:19:25 PM »

So, I'd like to second the mention of the new Cherokee street beading store.  The owner is a lovely woman, and extremely willing to help out with whatever!
Also, I'd like to mention The whole nine yarns which is on e main street in Woodstock.   It is fabulously stocked with lots of yarns and a great supply of spinning stuff.  The lady there mentioned lots of classes and stuff they do.  She was extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. 
I'm searching for a jewelry supply store, so anyone have any ideas?  I'm a KSU student, located on south loop in Marietta, so I've got some leeway as to traveling distance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nat_attack
"We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love." - T. Robbins

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2007 01:47:44 PM »

Had to update that the Discount Fabrics has been demolished.  They paved fabrice paradise to put up a parking lot, so to speak . . .

No boutique, or swingin hot spot?  *sigh* you don't know what you got till it's gone...Okay, done with that now  GrinI'm from the wonderful (awful, insanely crafter-UNfriendly) Paulding County.  I can't think of anything at all out my way.  There's a Michaels...no fabric.  Wal-Mart?  They're taking out the craft sections. *sigh again*

Yeah I live in Paulding County too... it sucks. there's a Michael's in Hiram. I think there might be a Hobby Lobby too... I know there's one in Marietta, which isn't terribly far (I'm in Dallas). I usually go to Douglasville for all my crafty needs :p

What kind of crafts do you do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I don't mean to seem like I care about material things, like a social status, I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls"
Animal Collective, "My Girls"
katchoo1
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2007 05:53:51 PM »

Hi y'all,

I live ITP and am looking for other places to find supplies besides ye olde Michaels and Joanns, Hobby Lobby, etc.

My main thing is paper crafting and the nearest indie stamp store is in Marietta. 

I just got a sewing machine so am interested in good places to find fabric other than Walmart or Hancock.  Also I'm very interested in learning to knit and crochet and would love any tips on yarn stores that offer classes.

Thanks!
Colleen
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy shop:  http://lifeattherancho.etsy.com
I <heart> paper crafts!  PM me about private swaps...
MissGnomer
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2008 09:21:46 AM »

Hey all! I had no idea there were so many crafties in Atl! I'm up in Woodstock, and I just wanted to add that we have an awesome yarn shop up here.

http://www.thewholenineyarns.com/

I usually shop Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's and (rarely) Michael's. There's a new bead shop (A & J Beads) in Kennesaw, too. I used to drive to Buckhead for beads, but they have some nice things (and cheap classes!) at A&J.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008 09:22:48 AM by MissGnomer » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We must accept that this creative pulse within us is God's creative pulse itself"  Joseph Chilton Pearce
lorky
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2008 03:36:36 PM »

Decatur has Intown Quilters which has wonderful cotton fabrics
Knitch is in Midtown (Virginia-Highlands) and has knitting and crochet stuff.  I think every yard store has classes.
Sabra gallery in East Atlanta has been having all kinds of classes recently too but I'm sure of price.

Other than those two, its michaels or Joann's and a nice long drive. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

efitch
« Reply #75 on: March 28, 2008 12:54:48 PM »

In the Decatur area:

Bazillions of Beads by Shoshanna
(404) 329-1988
620 Medlock Rd
Decatur, GA 30033
This is at the intersection of North Decatur, Scott and Medlock; in the same shopping center as Melton's App & Tap, around the corner in between the Natural Buzz Salon and the Woodshed.  Hard to find but worth it.

Amalgam Arts
3172 E Ponce de Leon Ave.
Scottdale, GA 30079
p: (404) 371 8922
http://www.amalgamartsatlanta.com/
I pass this every day on my way to the MARTA station, but have never stopped to look in.  Looks like they have classes in jewelry making, woodworking and other things in addition to art & crafts for sale.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lbbshell
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2008 01:29:24 PM »

Discount Fabric store on the South Marietta Parkway, across from the CCT bus stop, just opened.  Huge reams of upholstery fabric, which I tend to view as a suggestion rather than a mandate.  They also have regular clothing style of fabric, and some odds and ends.  Most of the bolts were 60" or wider, which is a huge plus!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Street Ashes

Can't we all just get along?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2008 03:20:10 PM »

Anyone know of some one or some store ( none of the previous mentioned i can not afford $100.00) who will teach me to crochet? i live in little five points.....and i can't seem to get the hang of crochet.

let me know! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Defessa
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2008 02:15:56 PM »

I don't know if anyone has listed these:

Bead Dreams
www.mybeaddreams.com
1478 Roswell Rd
Marietta, GA 30062
(770) 578-4644

Red Hen Fabrics (This is more of a quilting store, but they have fun things for fabric crafting too)
305 Cherokee Street
Marietta, GA 30060
(Phone) 770-794-8549
Monday - Saturday ~ 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday ~ 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Fiber on a Whim
www.fiberonawhim.com
326 Sandy Springs Cir.
Atlanta, GA 30328
404-705-9164
"FOR ALL YOUR SURFACE DESIGN AND EMBELLISHMENT NEEDS! FABRIC, PAINTS, DYES, THREAD, YARN, BEADS, BUTTONS"

Little Quilts
1450-C Roswell Road
Marietta, GA 30062
(770) 578-6727
www.littlequilts.com
wool felt and punch needle supplies

Nicholas Kniel
290 Hilderbrand Drive Suite B16
Atlanta, GA 30328
Couture and Vintage ribbons, ribbon flowers, buttons, feathers, flowers, masks and millinery products. Over 3500 fine ribbons in stock. Classes, custom work, and special orders are all offered. Sign up for free newsletter at www.NicholasKneil.com

Shades Textiles
www.shadestextiles.com
585 Cobb Pkwy S.
Studio O
Marietta , GA
(770) 919-9824
Hand dyed silks and cottons sold by the piece or in collections;
quilt kits. No regular store hours; call for possible
times or for appointment.
NOTE:Get directions to studio from Shades Textiles Web site.

Gail K Fabrics
2216 Cheshire Bridge Rd.
Atlanta, GA
(404) 982-0366
Large variety of fabrics at excellent prices, including
silks, wools, laces, knits, and rayons. Trims and buttons.
A favorite of Mychael Knight (Project Runway fame)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
denisu81
« Reply #79 on: November 06, 2008 05:28:10 PM »

I live in Fairburn...you can try:

Sam Flaxx...its not to far from Ikea in midtown near 17th street and Atlantic Station.
or there is a utrecht also in midtown near foxx theatre across the street from a starbuck (its on peachtree st)
if you need inspiration try going to little 5 points. Its off ponce de leon. you can google it to find the exact location...there is all kinds of vintage stuff there Smiley

any more questions you can email me at denisu81@msn.com!!! im always looking for other artists here....so we can start a craft revolution! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

More information about this and other projects can be found at:
www.cre8tivesoul.com

-Denise
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Curly Hair to a Square Shaped Face
How to Style Thick and Wavy Hair to a Long Face
How to Style Coarse and Textured Hair to a Long Face
How to Match Coarse Textured Hair with a Square Face
How Style Straight Hair for a Heart Shaped Face
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...