A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 300,958
Currently Running With Scissors:
527 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Atlanta- Metro Area  (Read 24577 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

senlin
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2004 11:58:48 AM »

FYI   The discount fabric store that I mentioned is going out of buisness in 17 days!  They keep slashing prices, so check it out before June 30. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2004 09:25:32 AM »

Does anyone know of a good place to buy/sell/trade gently used furniture (read: better than thrift store) in Atlanta?

Either a website like craigslit or an actual store?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty mama
ooh. snap crackle poop.

I'm a llama's mama!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2004 11:37:00 AM »

There;s finders keepers home on College avenue. It's branch of finders keeprs that sells home furnishings, but I'm not sure of the last word. they do consignment, and their prices are not terribly low, but they do that rolling discount after 30, 60 and 90 days and so on. It's in decatur. on the way to avondale estates.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Under my mattress
I keep boxes of beautiful dreams
And late at night
When no ones in sight
They come out and whisper to me - J,LC
senlin
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2004 06:20:40 PM »

I've been there.  They occasionally have some really uniqiue items, but they're always pricey.  The woman there tried to convince me that a couch with a lot of stains on it was worth $1,000 because Shawn Mullins used to own it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
senlin
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2004 07:47:26 AM »

I found the posting below on atlanta.craigslist.org under the for sale/general section (date: Mon Jul 12)

Thought it might be useful to some one . . .

Arts & Crafts supplies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-36206050@craigslist.org
Date: 2004-07-12, 10:09PM EDT

Are you crafty? Do you wanna be? Liquidating an estate and have buckets and boxes full of arts and crafts supplies - especially yarn (and knitting and crocheting needles), cross stitching patterns and thread, and boxes fabric of all makes (polyester, gaberdine, silk, cotton, etc.) I'm interested in selling the supplies in lots. Prices on volume purchases negotiable...

Other crafts/art projects also available, please ask if you're looking for something specific.

this is in or around Atlanta
it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shampoorobot
ShaMpOOroBoT

i love to make tings.....

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 18, 2006 11:59:25 AM »

hahahahhahaalolololhhhhhheeeeee! that shawn mullins' couch statement made me fall off my chair!!!!  what the @?*!@!!!   he lives right by me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kristiehaynes
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2006 07:44:25 AM »

Hey there everyone...I noticed that almost all of the things mentioned in this thread are on the north side.  Is ANYONE on the south side, or am I all alone down here?? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lorky
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2006 08:14:12 PM »

There is nothing on the southside.  I don't think people on the southside do crafts. 
As far as fabric stores, Intown Quilters on zonolite is great (pricey though).  Its off Briarcliff.  Otherwise, on the southside in jonesboro there is a quilt store.  i know of nothing else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kristiehaynes
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2006 11:37:18 AM »

Ok...so that no one will believe for one second that people on the southside aren't crafty, here are some places on this end of the universe that you can shop:

The biggest Joann Etc.  I'v ever seen in my life is inside the Fayette Pavilion on hwy 85 in Fayetteville.  There is also a Hobby Lobby, a michaels, and the Quilting Bee in the same couple of miles. 

There is a lovely craft fair downtown in Newnan the first Saturday of every month.  It only costs $25, and I have never made less than $150 in the first few hours. 

Actually, I'm through telling you places.  You wouldn't come down here anyway.  Just stay up on the north side if you are that ignorant. 
« Last Edit: February 25, 2006 11:40:03 AM by kristiehaynes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lorky
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2006 07:39:12 PM »

Sorry, I was just joking.  I know there are craftsters on the southside but I didn;t know of any other locations.  I'm in SE atlanta but don;t venture to jonesbore/newnan etc often.  Can you tell me more about the newnan craft fair?  I wanna go!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Calibrate Your Camera Part 2/3
How to Shoot a rock band
How to Understand DPI
How to Shoot a Two Year Old Child
How to Shoot a Photography Session
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...