A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
625 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Winter Holiday Decorating Craftalong!  (Read 25065 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #70 on: December 06, 2006 08:19:05 AM »

Wowsers!

My dogs would wreck havoc on your village like King Kong on NYC!  Cheesy
DITTO!  But he's not really a dog, he's a 1 year old boy! 

Here is my tree and mantle pics for this year.  My tree is a skinny 6.5 foot (artificial) tree, and I have silver and red ornaments (mostly).  I love Christmas, because I pick up deco for it throughout the year, whenever we go on trips, etc, so there are many sentimental ornaments on it.  Most of the ornaments are red, silver, stars, crosses, or snowflakes. This year's tree is different than past years, I have the whole set of Frosty Friends from Hallmark (25 years worth), but they are worth too much to display with the baby, so they are boxed.  Instead, I added a pack of small, cheap red balls for color, cause I won't care if those get broken!  I used a roll of red tulle as garland, I think it adds just enough translucent color and movement, without being too fancy.

Anywho, here's the tree:

The WHITE looking snowflakes are silver mirrors.

And the mantle, which I'm not quite happy with yet...

Last year I put a mirror up there, but this year we have the family pics, and I didn't want to take them down for the month...so it creates a problem as to what to add.  It's simple for now, but I doubt it will stay that way!  I LOVE my Stockings...made those 2 years ago.  I adore my silver bell collection, but can't find a good place for them, so that's why they are spread out.
Also, the stocking holders are from the 99cents store, they were ugly forest green, but after 3 coats (white, gray, aluminum) of spray paint and some silver leafing, they look great (for $1 each)!.

Merry Christmas everyone!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006 08:20:55 AM by OriginalYouth » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilocity
i knit therefore I am

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2006 08:28:38 AM »

Since we celebrate a rather secular holiday, I thought that silver and fiberoptic would be a good choice.  But then I was left with the ongoing question, what to do as a tree topper....well I recently saw a link about a sock monkey tree topper, so here is my attempt.  He is made out of snowman socks, perfect for our comercial christmas!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2006 08:46:15 AM »

Last year I put a mirror up there, but this year we have the family pics, and I didn't want to take them down for the month...so it creates a problem as to what to add.  It's simple for now, but I doubt it will stay that way!

Why not put a larger frame behind all your frames (or three frames, each larger than the ones with pictures)? Just put some fabric or nice paper in the frames, probably red? To offset the frames and give them a more festive look?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
OriginalYouth
Random Snarky Crafted Goodness!

Snarkier than Thou...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2006 08:51:19 AM »

Last year I put a mirror up there, but this year we have the family pics, and I didn't want to take them down for the month...so it creates a problem as to what to add.  It's simple for now, but I doubt it will stay that way!

Why not put a larger frame behind all your frames (or three frames, each larger than the ones with pictures)? Just put some fabric or nice paper in the frames, probably red? To offset the frames and give them a more festive look?

I have other stuff that could go up there, (hand painted Christmas plate, etc.) but I just dont' know if I really want to move any more stuff around when it's only going to be for 3 weeks!  Maybe I'm just being lazy....also, none of the furniture (couch, chairs, etc) faces the mantle (they all face the TV like a normal modern family) so it's not like I will have to stare at it...
Here's what it looked like last year:

which I was much happier with...but don't want to track it down/move it all for 2 weeks when we won't really be entertaining....or even home for Christmas!

I think the stocking holders just throw it off, but I will NOT complain, since I have been lusting after some for several years!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

naelany

Duck, Duck....silly goose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2006 09:00:56 AM »

Looked nice last year, I'll give you that Smiley. Looks nice this year, too, though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"just keep crafting, just keep crafting"

Sorry I've been gone so long. Am trying to get back on the boards. Body's thrown me for a few loops these past months and am still learning to adjust. Thanks for your patience.
riario
:*

expecting our first!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #75 on: December 06, 2006 09:25:08 AM »

i love the sock monkey topper !!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gerbilocity
i knit therefore I am

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: December 06, 2006 09:29:39 AM »

i love the sock monkey topper !!!

Thanks!

Here is the original http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=135681.0

I went without the halo, but it was where I began....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2006 06:34:54 PM »

I dont think ill be posting... Everyone elses stuff makes mine look bad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
lizfizzbobizz
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2006 08:50:51 PM »

all of this stuff is getting me in the christmas spirit  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnitChick1979
Antauri Fangirl

Going ghost!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2006 11:08:53 PM »

Wow everyone's trees are amazing!

BloodyDeaf, that is a really cool village, I wish I had the room to do something that cool!  Smiley

We have had two trees for years.  We had a big 6 ft Mountain King from when I was in Kindergarten but last year it was finally retired (after about 20 years) in favor of a slim tree from Hobby Lobby.  That one's downstairs.  The upstairs tree is a purple one, also from HL.

We haven't decorated the downstairs tree yet (without the ornaments it doesn't scream Christmas so it's a year-round decoration) or put up the purple tree yet but here's a snapshot of what the purple tree looked like last year.

(the first shot shows the real color better, the second is a lights-on attempt)

And here's the other tree from last year:

The only thing that stinks is this tree is WAY smaller than the Mountain King so there's not as much ornament room Sad 

I've got a third tree this year -- I found a blue tree at Target in the One Spot, I took a pic but it's still in the camera and the camera is two floors away Smiley  I haven't put the lights or ornaments on yet.  I'll post piccys when I do!

Mary Jo
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Mind over matter is nothing compared to hands-free refreshment!" ~Antauri

Help in the race to beat Alzheimer's!

Information for swap partners
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop CS5 Beta Review
Censorship and Slashers
Interview with Roger Nygard
White Balance Corrective Gels
The Film Lab - Mixing Sources
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...