A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,722
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 30903 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2006 03:46:28 PM »

This is the last pic from me, until I finish my knitting that is.  Promise.

Here I have another DIY earing kit, this time in ice blue on silver.  Also a hair comb with ribbon and button decoration like the other, except this time we have blue hearts instead of red pencils.  It is super cute I think.  Lastly, the centre of the ball hid a pretty pink candle that I wish you could all smell.  It turns out to be the source of the lovely smell that all the yarn now has.

As for my OSW; I have just knit the last row of the main part this morning.  I am moving on to sleeve cuffs this evening.  I hope to be done by the end of the coming weekend.   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #221 on: December 14, 2006 04:49:40 PM »

I have started my Magic Yarn Ball project.

I'm just a very slow knitter...

Isn't the yarn purty!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
ibmomof2
« Reply #222 on: December 14, 2006 07:52:28 PM »

I received my yarn ball on Monday and I finally got around to uploading the pictures.  Here's what I found when I opened the box

There's two balls of Knit Picks wool of the Andes in cranberry and a pattern for Nakiska from knitty. My winter coat is red so the color is perfect! Later, Monday night, I cast on and in less than three hours I had an FO, and a box full of goodies.

Here's a list of what I got:

1)Family planner calender (I've been needing one now that I'm an 'official' soccer Mom)
2)Mini scrapbook set. I'm sorry to say this kit has mysteriously disappeared. I bet, if I looked in my 5 year old daughters art drawer, I'd find it.
3) Ephemera set
4) Two cute soaps (daughter tried to steal this but I caught her)
5) Felt pin cushion
6) Felt puppy (which is sooo cute. Daughter has stolen this too!)
7) A slinky jr ( Need I say who stole it?)
Cool A gorgeous red beaded bracelet (I'm a pink girl, but the last few months I've been doing more red so this is perfect)
9) Fabric cuff bracelet (way cool!)

(Oh yeah...some purple tea light candles too. Don't know why they aren't in the picture. Sorry...)

Apparently, my daughter is destined to live her adult life as a professional thief. Little stinker!

Her she is modeling the Nakiska headband. I made it for me, and it does fit. But I forgot to do a stretchy bind off and it's just snug enough that it makes my glasses move up off of my nose. Of course, I'll still wear it.

I had a blast doing this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #223 on: December 14, 2006 09:42:29 PM »

That headband is fabulous! Your daughter is so adorable in it.

I finished my travels and opened my magic yarn ball from eenodol! I'll post pics after I get a few more things out of it. It has this "field of flowers" theme, and it looks so beautiful and intriguing with all the leaves and petals sticking out. There's already been one casualty... I tried to eat this grasshopper figurine that I thought was candy! He smelled like candy somehow. I can glue his wing back on. He's... not candy, right??

I can't believe the thing on the outside of the ball, though... right when I opened the box I found a little electronic music doodad that you put inside stuffed animals, so that when you squeeze it, it plays a song like a music box. There was a note to the effect that it was supposed to be in the center of the ball, but when the ball was finished, the music started playing and wouldn't stop! But the amazing thing is that I've had my eye out for one of these things for *months,* because they make great dog toys (probably why she sent it) and I wanted to find one to use for the Pet Swap 2 this summer, and I looked again to see if I could find one to make a toy for eenodol's dog in this swap. So when I found it, the thought was "how did she know??"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #224 on: December 14, 2006 09:47:25 PM »

Well I've recovered from exams so here are the pictures of my swag. The pattern is for thrummed mittens and the yarn is purple pattons classic, and it came with green merino/silk roving with sparkly purple bits for the thumbs. The roving was in the center of the ball so I had to unwind right away, but I was going to do that anyway.

The ball all wrapped up

everything out
- candy cane pen
- actual candy cane with snowman on top
- bracelet kit
- necklace with tear drop beads
- Christmas stickers
- stocking candle
- snowflake/penguin charm
- scented pillow
- cookie cutter
- holiday erasers
- snowflake stamp
- an ornament with laffy taffy inside
- button stitch markers
- sparkly green roving
- ornament made from matching roving

close up of the stitch markers

First mitten

Mitten guts
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011 02:41:53 PM by Phizzychick - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

librarylass
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2006 02:51:01 AM »

I haven't really heard from ms.scarlett about what she thinks of my package, all I have heard is that she has received, so I will post the one photo I actually kept of the yarn ball and hope ms.scarlett can take photos of the rest!!

sorry if its a wee bit big..

again I forgot to photograph some of the other items (that I put a heap of work into!) but hopefully my swap partner can provide that for your viewing pleasure!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a wist!
http://wists.com/Bookybabe
So I up and decided to do the whole blog thing...
http://ballysaxter.blogspot.com

I do personal swaps!
super geek
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

"She does it at mealtimes, in the loo..."

KnitWhore

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2006 04:31:06 AM »

Oh, what thrummed mitten pattern is that?  It looks like the Yarn Harlot's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just  because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have"

I'm back!  Older, wiser, and better at crafting Smiley.
Ezri_B
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2006 05:34:42 AM »

Glad you received Ezri_B!  Hope you like everything inside!!!

I love everything! My camera went a little batty on me, but it's back now, so here are my pictures!

I know everything is sort of squished in the picture, but I hope you can see it all. She sent me so many wonderful thing!

-Crochetme pattern for wristwarmers
-3 balls of yarn 1 a burgundy/aubergine color, 1 a lovely brownish color, and a variegated gold, burgundy, green/blue.
-A whole set of Gashly Crumb Tinies notecards!
-Felt covered soap
-A rainbow "monster" pincushion (which is too cute!)
-2 tissue covers! With beautiful tissues to go inside. (I've made these, but never for myself  Embarrassed , so it's nice to get one for me)
-Monster Cozie
-measuring tape design ribbon (I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it will have to be something great!)
-3 gorgeous striped ribbons
-A really neat mini yarn pin
-Smarties Bar & Smarties (my kids are now complaining that we have to go to Canada to get some more!)
-3 mini ornaments (bear, snowman, and dog in a boot)
-5 fun fat quarters
-A susan bates bamboo hook 4mm
-Heart straight pins
-Star pendant necklace

There was so much great stuff I hope I mentioned everything. Thanks again so much Kristen81, you certainly spoiled me!
I hope yours arrives soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kristen81
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2006 06:07:59 AM »

Glad you received Ezri_B!  Hope you like everything inside!!!

I love everything! My camera went a little batty on me, but it's back now, so here are my pictures!

I know everything is sort of squished in the picture, but I hope you can see it all. She sent me so many wonderful thing!

-Crochetme pattern for wristwarmers
-3 balls of yarn 1 a burgundy/aubergine color, 1 a lovely brownish color, and a variegated gold, burgundy, green/blue.
-A whole set of Gashly Crumb Tinies notecards!
-Felt covered soap
-A rainbow "monster" pincushion (which is too cute!)
-2 tissue covers! With beautiful tissues to go inside. (I've made these, but never for myself  Embarrassed , so it's nice to get one for me)
-Monster Cozie
-measuring tape design ribbon (I'm not sure what I'll do with it, but it will have to be something great!)
-3 gorgeous striped ribbons
-A really neat mini yarn pin
-Smarties Bar & Smarties (my kids are now complaining that we have to go to Canada to get some more!)
-3 mini ornaments (bear, snowman, and dog in a boot)
-5 fun fat quarters
-A susan bates bamboo hook 4mm
-Heart straight pins
-Star pendant necklace

There was so much great stuff I hope I mentioned everything. Thanks again so much Kristen81, you certainly spoiled me!
I hope yours arrives soon.

The monster cozie is for your camera (hope it fits - if not I'd use it for a few packs of tissue)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WISTS!!!!      http://wists.com/KraftyKris

CHECK OUT MY SWAP BLOG:  http://kristen81.blog.ca/

WHAT'S FOR DINNER? - Recipe Blog!!!  http://kristenskitchen.blog.ca
Ezri_B
« Reply #229 on: December 15, 2006 07:10:35 AM »

The monster cozie is for your camera (hope it fits - if not I'd use it for a few packs of tissue)

The monster cozie fits my son's camera perfecty (he's 10 and an aspiring doctor and photographer,) and he sort of scooped it up right away.
We had a Christmas party last night, and he was taking pictures... And everyone always gives him the "oh, I don't want my picture taken" bit, so he just tells them, the monster made him do it.  Cheesy He thinks he's quite clever. And he adores the cozie, so I think I'll let him keep it  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Celebrity Street Styles: Jay Z, Jessica Alba and Heidi Klum
Save Love Give Campaign - Vera Launch at the United Nations
"The Rachael Ray Show": Twin Mother Makeovers
Best Dressed Stars: J Lo, Michelle Obama and Jessica Alba
How to Perfect Your Après-Ski Style
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...