A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,077
Currently Running With Scissors:
594 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 36750 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Radioactivecrafter
« Reply #190 on: December 11, 2006 04:40:29 PM »

and last but not least.. the item at the center of my yarn ball.. some soap the color of island water with a little pink flamingo standing in the middle!  So cute!  Smells good too, but I'm not sure exactly what the scent is.  Smiley
I had a blast unwrapping and finding all my treats.  Thank you so very much radioactivecrafter!!  Smiley 

I'm glad everything got there ok, I was a little afraid that the chocolate would melt or that things would get horribly tangled.

I've actually got no idea what the scent is, every year before Christmas my family has a huge soap making day; it always starts in an organized fashion and people pick scents for specific people or to coordinate with the mold they are using, but by the end it is pure insanity, and we just start throwing stuff in. My favorite was one of my friends and I made some with our phone numbers inside. I think the flamingo soap might actually have a few different scents mixed togeather.

I think I forgot to include the ball band, the yarn is Patons Classic Merino: http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=classicmerinowool

THIS ROCKS   Logged

greybird
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

<3 birds <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: December 11, 2006 05:27:37 PM »

and last but not least.. the item at the center of my yarn ball.. some soap the color of island water with a little pink flamingo standing in the middle!  So cute!  Smells good too, but I'm not sure exactly what the scent is.  Smiley
I had a blast unwrapping and finding all my treats.  Thank you so very much radioactivecrafter!!  Smiley 

I'm glad everything got there ok, I was a little afraid that the chocolate would melt or that things would get horribly tangled.

I've actually got no idea what the scent is, every year before Christmas my family has a huge soap making day; it always starts in an organized fashion and people pick scents for specific people or to coordinate with the mold they are using, but by the end it is pure insanity, and we just start throwing stuff in. My favorite was one of my friends and I made some with our phone numbers inside. I think the flamingo soap might actually have a few different scents mixed togeather.

I think I forgot to include the ball band, the yarn is Patons Classic Merino: http://www.patonsyarns.com/product.php?LGC=classicmerinowool

Everything came through just fine.  Smiley

Thank you for the info about the yarn.  I was going to look through the packaging to see if I missed the info somewhere.  Smiley

That soaping day sounds like a lot of fun!  My guess is that it would be a blend too.  Its very light and I like that.  Smiley  Thanks again!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss_Vicki

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #192 on: December 11, 2006 08:10:32 PM »

I have an update on my yarn ball progress.

I cast on for real this morning (as opposed to swatching).  I was determined that today would see me knit out at least one prize for my effort.  I knit all the way to work, I got nothing.  So I took myself to a nice cafe at lunch and knitted until I got something.  The result; 2 gifts which popped out at the same time.  Oh yeah, and I was late back to work, but no one noticed   Wink  They never do.

I got a pretty rainbow heart patch.  I presume, because I like colour, as much as I can stand at once.  I also got a cute zippered pouch, featuring non other than the bouncing blue Beast.  Yeah!!!   Grin  I love Hank McCoy.  But then, you all already knew that.   Roll Eyes  Thanks Sharre, I love them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
gerbilocity
i knit therefore I am

View Profile WWW
« Reply #193 on: December 11, 2006 08:19:39 PM »

Bloo I am so glad you liked your package......I took some pictures so I'll show them

outside of the ball

some of the stuff

the scarf and the yarn, soaps, earrings, soaps, etc...

I actually don't read minds...but I play a clairvoyant on tv Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2006 08:44:36 PM »

I was determined that today would see me knit out at least one prize for my effort.  I knit all the way to work, I got nothing.  So I took myself to a nice cafe at lunch and knitted until I got something.  The result; 2 gifts which popped out at the same time.

Sorry Miss_Vicki, i dodn't realise that I hadn't wrapped any closer to the surface, I was too busy trying to get everything in while maintaining a kinda round shape.

The heart had no other motivation than I thought it was cute and everyone likes embellishments right? Anyway, I'm glad you like them.  Grin

I just got the needles to start on mine yay! so as soon as I've finished up my last bit of work for the day I'm casting on.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
Miss_Vicki

« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2006 09:21:25 PM »

Sorry Miss_Vicki, i dodn't realise that I hadn't wrapped any closer to the surface, I was too busy trying to get everything in while maintaining a kinda round shape.

The heart had no other motivation than I thought it was cute and everyone likes embellishments right? Anyway, I'm glad you like them.  Grin

I just got the needles to start on mine yay! so as soon as I've finished up my last bit of work for the day I'm casting on.
Oh, please don't be sorry.  I am just a slow knitter.  Well, that and I think I did the same to you.  Leaving a little left at the end certainly made for a much more attractive ball.

Does the beast pouch have a specific purpose?  I thought I should ask, just in case.  It is holding notions at the moment.  My old pouch was not long enough to hold crochet hooks and I really had trouble getting my little scissors in there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2006 09:34:27 PM »

I had thought it would be good to hold notions, but had no specific purpose in mind. It is your pouch afterall.

I just had to make something with that pic, I mean what beast fan wouldn't adore that image?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
Miss_Vicki

« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2006 10:02:28 PM »

I just had to make something with that pic, I mean what beast fan wouldn't adore that image?!
Yeah, it is one of my favourites.  I have a coaster with it on that Jan_On_Ice made me too.  I'm a lucky Craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I heart Hank McCoy

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

« Reply #198 on: December 12, 2006 08:57:48 AM »

I got my ball from dexterchickk today. I haven't decided whether to unravel or to knit out yet. I'll post pics later. The wool is the loveliest colour and I got a beautiful pair of needles too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Madeleine09
« Reply #199 on: December 12, 2006 12:18:32 PM »

I got my yarn ball from princess today!!! It is the most beautiful blue cotton, and it is for the Odessa pattern from magknits. It will match perfectly with my new winter coat. I got a ton of other goodies in the box too, and I haven't even started knitting out my surprises yet!
She sent me:
-some cute scrapbook buttons
-a stamp that says "Dream"
-a pair of knitting needles with snowmen at the top (!)
-a note book shaped like a girls profile
-two Disney princess pencils (perfect for exams next week)
-some gorgeous knitting note cards (trust me you are jealous)
-a pink knitted swatch that says "Born to Knit" which is coincidently the perfect size for my swatch quilt i am slowly working on, I have some motivation to sew together the squares i have done now!!!!
-there was also this pretty bell with a snowflake on it, and some ribbon around the ball

Thank you so much princess*of*capri!!! Please post pictures so everyone can see. Hopefully by the time I knit everything else out I will have a camera to post the rest of the pictures!!!

Thank you again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bearing Off in Backgammon
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 3
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 2
Movement of the Checkers in Backgammon, Part 1
Object of the Game in Backgammon
Latest Blog Articles
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet
Laundry Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...