A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
705 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 2  (Read 30794 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 11, 2006 06:37:29 AM »

Bloo according to the USPS your package has arrived in Canada somewhere....so it is up to Canada Post now!
Gah! I was so excited because I got a note in my mailbox for me to pick up a parcel at the PO and I was so happy thinking it was the yarn ball... but it was something else.  Cry

Beautiful yarn balls, everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
gerbilocity
i knit therefore I am

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: December 11, 2006 07:33:10 AM »

Bloo according to the USPS your package has arrived in Canada somewhere....so it is up to Canada Post now!
Gah! I was so excited because I got a note in my mailbox for me to pick up a parcel at the PO and I was so happy thinking it was the yarn ball... but it was something else.  Cry

Beautiful yarn balls, everyone!

hopefully it will be there soon Bloo! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ms.scarlett
The Crafty DJ

I'm falling up

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #182 on: December 11, 2006 09:34:31 AM »

A present waiting for me at home would be quite sweet right about now...but I'm not wishing because it would just distract me from all this work I need to do...

Back to work

Btw, everything everyone is getting looks splendid, I'm so jealous....I want my yarn ball  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Paramedic: Only one person can ride.
Dean: I'm the father...
Patrick: I'm the boyfriend...
Mitch: [points to Dean] I'm HIS boyfriend.

hehe....i knit in class
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #183 on: December 11, 2006 09:48:44 AM »

I just checked my tracking number and the website claims that it is in WA about 5 hours away and it left yesterday morning. So maybe...just maybe...it will be here today!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
thetiniestspark
« Reply #184 on: December 11, 2006 01:18:08 PM »

Well, I finished the scarf!  Here is a pic of my rolled up but finished project and all the goodies missamorphosis sent me.  My favorite are the recipes!  I can't wait to try them! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #185 on: December 11, 2006 01:42:02 PM »

Ok, well, I thought I posted, and it now has dissapeared, so I will post again. I received from Kristen81 today!! It was sort of funny, the door bell rang, and it was the postman. I was all excited to open my box, when the phone rang, it was FedEx calling about a package. Then the second I hung up with her the doorbell rang again! It was the UPS man! (Can you tell we get lots of packages?)

Anyway, I opened the box to find all of this fabulousness!

My pattern is crochetme's wristwarmers. She sent me a note on a lovely sugar smacks notecard! The yarn is a gorgeous burgundy/aubergine color! And to top off that she made me a complete collection of Gashly Crumb Tinies Notecards!!

I will unroll the rest of the ball as soon as the boys get to bed! I can't wait!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

missamorphosis
"The man who has no imagination has no wings."~ Muhammad Ali

Butterflies, Buttons, & Crochet--ah, life is good!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 11, 2006 01:57:58 PM »

Well, I finished the scarf!  Here is a pic of my rolled up but finished project and all the goodies missamorphosis sent me.  My favorite are the recipes!  I can't wait to try them! Smiley
Wow...that was quick! Your scarf looks pretty good. And the recipes...mmm...hop e you like 'em!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shade Tree Crochet (crochet/craft blog)
Stitch-Stirrers - prompts and other fun things for the crocheter
Avesthel
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

♥ birds ♥

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 11, 2006 02:09:43 PM »

My favorite are the recipes!  I can't wait to try them! Smiley
What a great idea!  Smiley  I like the color of that scarf, and it looks so soft.  Smiley

I will unroll the rest of the ball as soon as the boys get to bed! I can't wait!
lol, I got my yarn ball today too!  I need to upload the pics, but they are coming very soon.  I had so much fun unwrapping it!  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

BlooCanoe

Pit knitters unite!

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 11, 2006 03:47:29 PM »

Beautiful yarn ball, radioactivecrafter!

And speaking of which... I have received from the fabulous GERBOLOCITY!! I think she must be my fairy godmother, because this truly is an incredibly magical yarn ball.  Everything is so, so perfect! Gerbilocity, you're an incredibly attentive swap partner - your did so much to tailor this perfectly to my tastes! thank you so, so much.  Kiss Kiss

I can't take pics, but here is the description...In the box there were things TOO LARGE to go in the yarn ball... such as a big bar of dark chocolate, a beautiful bar of vanilla soap made by gerbilocity (my first handmade soap from a craftster! I love soap!) and a big sheet of camping stickers!  Grin

The yarn ball was wrapped inside a sweet purple scarf, and pinned in place with a pin full of beaded stitch markers. Smiley

Then, the ball was nestled inside a hat which is a donation for my the charity knitting I am doing (thank you!). The hat is a lovely soft forest green.

The yarn itself is a gorgeous purplish colour (same as the scarf!) of Rowan dk so that I can make Grumperina's Odessa hat (beaded, spiral beanie style hat in Magknits). I gave gerbilocity a few patterns as suggestions, but this is the one I really wanted to make the most. How did she know that was the one I really wanted to make, you ask?? Because she is clairvoyant, that's how! This is clearly evidenced by the rest of the yarn ball's magical contents:
-christmas blend of loose leaf tea
-sweet little earrings made by gerbilocity
-cute little notepad
-another soap! both are vanilla (mmm)
-Burt's Bees waterproof lipbalm AND and Burt's Bees beeswax lipbalm (I love Burt's Bees!)
-a package of beads so that I can make the hat!
-ginger chews (salivating already, these are my faves and hard to find)
-wine charms (great for upcoming Christmas parties!)
-many, many squares of Ghirardelli dark chocolates (not so many left now tho)
-and a cute wee knit pouch sized to hold tea bags, which is so perfect because I travel a lot and hotels rarely provide herbal teas, and now I have a little pouch to carry some around with me!

thank you so much gerbilocity, you really, really spoiled me and this was such a wonderful swap parcel!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have you hugged your mod today? Smiley

"What I need.... is some wool." (Miss Marple)
SlickMariaVic
« Reply #189 on: December 11, 2006 04:22:19 PM »

As thought I recieved my wonderous ball today. I'm curently on the job so I'll post pics later when I get the chance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Three Beauty Trends You Need to Know from Milan
Best Nude Lipsticks For All Skin Tones
Miley Cyrus Makeup Tutorial
Top 3 Rock Star Ready Music Festival Trends
Miranda Kerr Reveals Her Beauty Secrets
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...